Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jeeves1 View Post
    i dont need to prove anything to you.The facts speak for it all.Just ask your college where they got the idea of fire behaviour training simulators from... the first one was built in Europe at Moreton in Marsh, Glocestshire.UK Their college has instructors come to learn from us from all over the world.You have a big chip on your shoulder,typical.If you open your eyes you will see that there is always more than one way to skin a cat
    Take it easy brother, it not like he made fun of your silly looking helmets.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

Forum Member

Wow lets see who's tallywacker is bigger, after we make fun of thier funny helmets and little ladder trucks. They can make fun of 200 years of tradition uninpeaded by progress andtower ladder trucks that are so big they have their own zip code. Oh btw How much can your tower ladder lift on the bed section..... could you lift a car with your big TL oh no american ladders are not rated for that Metz 100ftladder can lift 8,000 lbs on the bed section. However they dont have hose bed and cant lay in to a fire. but they do have a great hydrant system where they have hydrants in manholes in between.I have lived in The USA most of my life except when i was stationed overseas. And they are advatages to both systems a fire truck over there is looked on as a work truck where we like to combine function with beauty, chrome and paint, polished and buffed.
    The rosenbaur np pumps are not your Hale or Waterous pum[p they have their good and bad. Your department has to decide hate to throw Patroitism into this Np pumps employ German and Austrian workers.And the money you spend on a Rosenbaur goes to Germany. The money you spend on a KME, Pierce, Segrave with a Haleor darly pump the moeny stays here

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by rescueraver View Post
    Wow lets see who's tallywacker is bigger, after we make fun of thier funny helmets and little ladder trucks. They can make fun of 200 years of tradition uninpeaded by progress andtower ladder trucks that are so big they have their own zip code. Oh btw How much can your tower ladder lift on the bed section..... could you lift a car with your big TL oh no american ladders are not rated for that Metz 100ftladder can lift 8,000 lbs on the bed section. However they dont have hose bed and cant lay in to a fire. but they do have a great hydrant system where they have hydrants in manholes in between.I have lived in The USA most of my life except when i was stationed overseas. And they are advatages to both systems a fire truck over there is looked on as a work truck where we like to combine function with beauty, chrome and paint, polished and buffed.
    The rosenbaur np pumps are not your Hale or Waterous pum[p they have their good and bad. Your department has to decide hate to throw Patroitism into this Np pumps employ German and Austrian workers.And the money you spend on a Rosenbaur goes to Germany. The money you spend on a KME, Pierce, Segrave with a Haleor darly pump the moeny stays here
    Seriously...Get a good night's sleep. This is one of the most incredibly garbled messages I have seen here in a long while. Slow down and try again. Maybe next time it will make some kind of sense.

By the way, I still think holds true. "Different places, different techniques, as long as we win and all go home it is all good."
    Last edited by FyredUp; 05-26-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Can we get that in English next time?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeeves1 View Post
    Yes very true, I worked career for the 2nd biggest fire department behind FDNY in Europe.

Since when is FDNY in Europe?!? [sarcasm alert] So are you saying second largest in world or Europe? Also what's with all this attitude in all of your other posts? Most of the responses to your posts that I've read are people genuinely interested in how you method works for you. But as usual, Americans are evil, and we stole every great idea we ever had from Europe or Canada. Whatever man. You need to calm yourself down. Trust me, I lost my temper on here once, it didn't bode well, just made me look like an @$$. I also had to come back and apologize as I had mis-read a post and lashed out at one poster unreasonably. It's hard to do, but sometimes a man has to suck it up, put down his pride, and let things go. Just chill man. Also, notice I didn't use any bold letters or exclamation points here, that means I'm being calm and talking to you, not dissing you. Just giving some advice.

Forum Member

Wow lets see who's tallywacker is bigger, after we make fun of thier funny helmets and little ladder trucks. They can make fun of 200 years of tradition uninpeaded by progress andtower ladder trucks that are so big they have their own zip code. Oh btw How much can your tower ladder lift on the bed section..... could you lift a car with your big TL oh no american ladders are not rated for that Metz 100ftladder can lift 8,000 lbs on the bed section.
    Geez, glad you made that point, man, I can't tell you how many times I've been so frustrated because I couldn't lift a car with either of the ladder trucks at my department. Why in the world would i need to? To lift a car off of the victim, wow, how safe is that? I'll stick to air bags and cribbing thanks.

However they dont have hose bed and cant lay in to a fire.
    Now, I can tell you I've had to catch a hydrant many a time for our tower, let's see, fire apparatus, equals fire operations, equals hose, who would've thought it. Some places like New York, and other big sities don't need hose on their trucks, as they almost always have an engine in their house that responds with them to a fire, if not, then one close by. My dept., yeah, we have an engine at station one with tower-1, but not at station 3 with ladder three, hence we have a quint there. WEll, tower-1 is a quint, but anyway. Our trucks have hose, because they might be first due sometimes. Anyway, enough of my rant.

Forum Member

When I buy a ladder truck, I'm buying just that. I really don't care if it can lift infinity tons on the bed section as long as its able to safely handle the loads necessary for a fire service ladder.

But my trucks are bigger so when I pull into the firehouse, it knows I'm inside. I bet your firehouse asks if you're in yet. Maybe my big, zip code needing fire truck can come across the pond and please your firehouse.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    When I buy a ladder truck, I'm buying just that. I really don't care if it can lift infinity tons on the bed section as long as its able to safely handle the loads necessary for a fire service ladder.

But my trucks are bigger so when I pull into the firehouse, it knows I'm inside. I bet your firehouse asks if you're in yet. Maybe my big, zip code needing fire truck can come across the pond and please your firehouse.
    HAHA, wish I had thought of that response, pretty funny. I love our big zip code needing 100+ ladder and tower trucks. (I think they're jealous over there)

Forum Member

Why can't we just delete a reply when we realize we screwed up? Can someone tell me that?
    Last edited by simpleguy68; 06-24-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Realized that one too many Shiner Bocks had severely affected my ability to do simple f'ing math!!!

Forum Member

Wow lets see who's tallywacker is bigger...
    Mine is... want me to prove it? Send your wife over... j/k. Now go 'ave a beer... ;-)
    Last edited by simpleguy68; 06-24-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: No reason really, just wanted to point out my previous post about one too many Shiner Bocks.

Thread Information