Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: New Risk ?

Forum Member

Smile New Risk ?

Just found out today that somebody wants to put in a marijuana factory in our township. First it has to clear some legal loopholes here in Michigan. This factory would produce "medical grade marijuana". They are saying that it could bring in $50,000 a month for the township. Should I mention this as a new risk?

My husband just told me he heard there is a 'medical emergency' in Calif - running out of medical grade product!.....does this mean we may see a larger number of requests for this type of facility?

Quote Originally Posted by rands1 View Post
    Just found out today that somebody wants to put in a marijuana factory in our township. First it has to clear some legal loopholes here in Michigan. This factory would produce "medical grade marijuana". They are saying that it could bring in $50,000 a month for the township. Should I mention this as a new risk?
    Are they getting ARRA funds for a little seed money? LOL

Forum Member

The plant could hold 25,000 plants. I asked my chief if we still had to wear our SCBA if this place caught fire, he just smiled and said no comment.

Forum Member

They could sell it by the ton in Detroit.

New risk? I'm missing how it would be.

Talking

It certainly would be a new hazard introduced into your coverage area. high electrical hazards , chemical exposures & most importantly ILDH due to the fact that they release CO2 into the grow rooms to stimulate the little darlins into budding and growing faster.

Is this a new corporate venture of the steam kettle plant to raise their profits?

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    It certainly would be a new hazard introduced into your coverage area. high electrical hazards , chemical exposures & most importantly ILDH due to the fact that they release CO2 into the grow rooms to stimulate the little darlins into budding and growing faster.

Is this a new corporate venture of the steam kettle plant to raise their profits?
    Ed, They use the red and blue lights to control the blooming or budding. The red in the incandescent lights to simulate summer time and then gradually increase the blue light to make it think it is getting fall of the year. They could make a plant grow and bloom in just a few weeks where it usually would take the whole summer. NO!! It is not what you think. I use to work at a University where we had to work on the timers and lighting in the growing rooms. Of course they were not growing a cash crop. They tested about everything else though. I asked a lot of questions and learned a lot about hydroponics where they grow plants in just water and add the nutrients to the water. That is how I know.
    Last edited by dfd701; 05-20-2010 at 10:00 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

No it would not be a new risk since it's not a done deal.If it does happen though just think of all the "seed" money you will have.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew21 View Post
    No it would not be a new risk since it's not a done deal.If it does happen though just think of all the "seed" money you will have.
    We were talking yesterday about the money that it would bring in. If this goes through we would all be on a high. (lol)

Thread Information