Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonizzle View Post
    On the jobs page, there is a posting for Firefighter I for PG County - Largo. My subscription is expired so I can't see the details, but just a head's up. I tried searching online for more info with no luck.
    HR said they would be accepting applications again starting next month so its probably true.

Forum Member

So if they are taking applications again...does that mean they are done hiring from the list they just completed??

Forum Member

Wow offer letters....still waiting on my medical

Forum Member

I am really confused right now. Was the Psych test the 100 some question packet, or was there something else to it? I haven't heard anything since my interview why back last year. Anyone in the same boat as me?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onestackdodge View Post
    So if they are taking applications again...does that mean they are done hiring from the list they just completed??
    Hard to say. If they have the written soon they will probably combine the lists but don't have anything to base that off of.

Forum Member

Hey all, I just received a phone call today from a Firefighter in Prince Georges County. She said that she had a letter for me and that she would mail it out to me in the morning. I asked if it's a hiring letter and she said that she wasn't supposed to say what it is over the phone, she could however say that it is a GOOD letter, so I'm looking forward to opening my mailbox in the next couple of days.
    In the back of my mind, if this is indeed my hiring letter, I'm expecting the next class to be slightly delayed, esecially since the last Prince George's Fire Academy Newsletter didn't have any new information about the next training class.
    Thanks for the updates everyone, I hope you all hear back soon. I'll post more information as I get it and let you know what happens with my letter when I receive it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kazimierz3000 View Post
    Hey all, I just received a phone call today from a Firefighter in Prince Georges County. She said that she had a letter for me and that she would mail it out to me in the morning. I asked if it's a hiring letter and she said that she wasn't supposed to say what it is over the phone, she could however say that it is a GOOD letter, so I'm looking forward to opening my mailbox in the next couple of days.
    In the back of my mind, if this is indeed my hiring letter, I'm expecting the next class to be slightly delayed, esecially since the last Prince George's Fire Academy Newsletter didn't have any new information about the next training class.
    Thanks for the updates everyone, I hope you all hear back soon. I'll post more information as I get it and let you know what happens with my letter when I receive it.
    i know a friend of mine was notified he is in the class starting next month.

Forum Member

somebody509 how was your friend notified?

Forum Member

Hey again, I just received my letter, there is an orientation on April 29th and then we will be reporting for the Academy on May 23rd for Recruit Class #44.

Forum Member

Congrats to all who have gotten hired. At least you didn't sit in your blue book status for 3 months only to call a week ago to check the status and told to retest even though the blue book was all good to go. A lot of people are trying to figure out the reasoning behind the retest, especially when there are over 400 active applicants still in the process.

Forum Member

Wait a second....I have done everything except my medical....I was top 300 candidates and passed everything! So I have to retest now? Does that mean im not even on a list? Does anyone know what's going on or is everyone in the dark like myself?

Forum Member

Im like you, onestackdodge. I also scored in the top 300. I talked to Amanda Jackson today and she said I was not on the list to be hired. She also said the job will be posted again from June 2-20 and there are academies scheduled for Jan. and Feb. of 2012. She informed me that all I would have to do is reapply and update my bluebook and the process would be alot shorter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onestackdodge View Post
    Wait a second....I have done everything except my medical....I was top 300 candidates and passed everything! So I have to retest now? Does that mean im not even on a list? Does anyone know what's going on or is everyone in the dark like myself?
    I'm in the same darkness you are. Was in the top 300, completed my bluebook, interview, passed the CPAT and have heard nothing.

Forum Member

Just curious of what the blue book is? I plan on testing when it opens again.

Thanks.

Forum Member

Default time frame

wrong post
    Last edited by ja29; 04-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevelopmentHell View Post
    Just curious of what the blue book is? I plan on testing when it opens again.

Thanks.
    The bluebook is your background check.

Forum Member

kazimierz3000 first off congrats on getting hired. Who did you talk to about your letter before it came? I was told on monday to keep checking my mailbox for a letter but the lady i talk to wouldn't give any info besides that.

Forum Member

Thank you very much Wilson! I'm not sure exactly who the firefighter was over the phone The conversation consisted of her telling me that she had a letter for me and whether I would like to pick the letter up in person or have her mail it to me. I told her that if she mailed it it would be fine and I asked if it was a hiring letter, she replied by saying she wasn't supposed to tell me but that people who asked whether it was good or bad were being told that it was good.

I hope the rest of you that are still waiting hear back soon, the orientation for class #44 is on the 29th of this month so if you are getting a letter it should come in very soon. Good luck and thank you all for the support!

Forum Member

Kazimierz3000 thanks for your info. i will be in class #44 also. Thanks for everyone's info during the hiring process. Congrats to all others you will be in class #44.

Forum Member

Is anybody that will be attending class #44 interested in sharing an apartment in the Waldorf/Cheltenham area for the duration of the academy? I'm currently looking for a place and roommates and seeing who else may be interested, PM me your contact information if anybody is interested or knows of arrangements other people are making, thanks!

Forum Member

the application process is once again open and closes on May 20th, 2011.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/pgc...FwddxPacket%3E

Thread Information