+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 First ... 234567815 ... Last
    Forum Member

Wow dude that's awesome! I'm waiting to hear about an interview. Do you think you did well? Did they give you any info as to what the next step is or schedule u for a psych test or give u a date that you would start? Congrats either which way....I have my cpat scheduled on November 20th...hopefully you will pass quick to move on faster!

Forum Member

I feel pretty confident about it. All they said is that I would be hearing from them soon regarding the next steps so I'm just playing the waiting game now. January is going to get here before we know it.

Forum Member

Yeah I heard you there....I just hope we are the ones who are still there in January. Even though I hate waiting and I want to know now, this process is going by extremely fast compared to others. I would like to know how many of the original top 300 are left and if we get preference over the rest.

Forum Member

I am still one of the "original 300" however I still haven't heard from PSI and as far as my background goes its very clean, I still have my current security clearence with the Military so who knows. I'm slated for the CPAT practice run on the 20th with you guys so I am hoping it is just PSI being slow, but like you said would love to know now.....

Forum Member

JFD21.....did u do your interview yet?

Forum Member

No...just the CPAT sessions

Forum Member

Well they are going to be moving faster once you get past your cpat....cause then they know that we are good with the physical aspect. Plus the end of December is coming fast!

Forum Member

Thanks, I appreciate your optimism....ha. Yea, my expectations are definitly to pass the CPAT Nov 20th, I have passed it before, just not within the last year so....

Forum Member

Yeah I passed it last August...I think that the people that can get it out of the way quicker are better off....you hear how many are left out if the original 300?

Forum Member

Not a clue, just what gets thrown around on the forums......like you said, the fact they have reached out for more people to join the process is probably a good thing

MembersZone Subscriber

I am still in out of the beginning 300, i have my cpat practice run on the 20th also, i have not had a interview yet either though, hoping to hear from the investigators

Forum Member

So your doing the cpat...but you haven't heard from the oral board or the investigators? Well I hope they start moving quicker!

Forum Member

Just got the call for my background interview. Anyone else hear anything new?

Forum Member

Very good rescue....haven't heard anything else....I figured that they were waiting to see who passed the first round of cpat before they started making calls. Who knows...but u got ur interview before background. Are the interviews by the fd or psi?

Forum Member

Panel interview is with FD. Background interview is with PSI.

Forum Member

Was it a regular interview where they ask u some questions relating to the job and the chitchat with you for a little....takes about 30 to 45 minutes? Or is it a strict sit down and out type?

Forum Member

Has anyone that has been through the background check had thier contacts called or heard that psi was calling people you listed in your bluebook?

Forum Member

Word is they are up into the 600's now, still trying to get 100 or so to pick for the first class. Wouldn't surprise me if that class in January only has half of what they originally planned, with the other other half going sometime in the summer months.

Forum Member

Oh wow....do you know why that is? Are you one of the top 300? I am and if they are still trying to find 100 and are up to 600 that sounds odd.

Forum Member

I guess a variety of reasons really....missing anyone of the mandatory sessions, backgrounds, just dropping out, and I know Balto City just started an academy so I'm sure a few guys in PG process were also in Balto City's. I am, I was in the first orientation session back in Sept. 600 might be a little high, thats just the number I heard, but bottom line they are having trouble finding enough guys so that's why they have had a few more CPAT orientations and such

Forum Member

Ok...but does that mean if we go and pass our cpat this Saturday we are still good and in the front to get hired

Forum Member

have a question; I scored a 78 on my test, do I still have a shot at the next RC if the so called rumor of the county going deeper into the list is true? thanks.
    Last edited by FFEMTlieut804; 11-15-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Forum Member

Oh boy I dunno...I would think so. The "rumor" is that they will hire 300 off of this list. But I am NOT a pgfd ff. So I don't know. I am on here just to try and gain some info and put together an educated guess as to what might be going on.
    I would like to think they will hire a lot so we all get a spot. A lot of what is posted.on a forum whether you would like to believe it or not is just hear say and rumors. Just keep on trying and you will get what you want.

Forum Member

Have you been contacted for the CPAT orientation session?

Forum Member

Is that a question for me or for FFEMT?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 First ... 234567815 ... Last

Thread Information