Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default New guys need to learn their place.

    When are these young bucks going to learn that they will never know as much as me? I am the damn fire chief for a reason. Iíve been on this department for over 30 years, How dare they tell me that their way is better than mine. They need to just sit down, shut up, and learn something.

    I had an entire crew tell me that my accountability system is wrong; itís the same damn system Iíve been using for over 15 years. If it isnít broken donít fix it. Thatís what I say.

    Maybe one of these days you young ones will be chief, and then if you don't like the way I do things you can change it, until then shut up and deal with it, or pack your things, and find a department who will take your rude and disrespectful attitudes.


  2. #2
    Forum Member Tony4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St.Louis,MO
    Posts
    188

    Default

    I'm still new for the most part and I always keep my mouth shut and eyes and ears open. Don't get me wrong. If I have an idea I'll share it,but I NEVER assume I know everything,because I do not! I hate those people that come in thinking they know it all when they are new.

    P.S. Calm down before your BP shoots through the roof :P

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Sounds like someone is off their meds or needs a hug.

  4. #4
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,860

    Default

    I am praying this is meant as a facetious post...if not Holy ****!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCowboyBoots View Post
    When are these young bucks going to learn that they will never know as much as me? I am the damn fire chief for a reason. Iíve been on this department for over 30 years, How dare they tell me that their way is better than mine. They need to just sit down, shut up, and learn something.

    Wow! You sound like a real joy. Have you been the Chief for 30 years or for one year thirty times and never changed a damn thing that wasn't your idea? A good boss uses his people to keep them abreast of changes and new ideas that may benefit the department.

    I had an entire crew tell me that my accountability system is wrong; itís the same damn system Iíve been using for over 15 years. If it isnít broken donít fix it. Thatís what I say.

    Maybe you are such a stubborn old dinosaur that you refuse to hear anybody else's opinion. Accountability systems have changed dramtically in the last 15 years.

    Maybe one of these days you young ones will be chief, and then if you don't like the way I do things you can change it, until then shut up and deal with it, or pack your things, and find a department who will take your rude and disrespectful attitudes.

    Frankly, you sound like an arrogant ***. As well as a curmudgeon. Do your department a favor and retire.
    Just shaking my head at you. Of course new guys have to earn their way in. But that isn't what you are talking about. You are talking about your tyrannical, dictatorial, need for power and control.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  5. #5
    Forum Member ShaunFremontFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fremont, WI
    Posts
    36

    Default

    No offense but just because you have been doing it that way for that long doesn't mean s***. I am going through this with my chief who thinks he knows everything and we don't know anything. Granted he is very smart and has a lot to offer but the problem is he won't share any of it with us. He has been on for 40+ years. Things change and you need to change with them. I'm sure you are very smart but if the majority of the department thinks you should do things different, do it! I have been on a department where the chief was old but did things the right way and everything ran smooth. Now the department I am on is totally opposite.

    My advice to chiefs and officers that think their crap doesn't stink, get off your ego trip, seriously. Guys don't like it and want real leadership. This has been an issue with me and guys like you that think the way you do. I don't care if anyone doesn't like my opinion but it needs to be said! Be a part of the department instead of a dictator. This is the reason departments fall apart and guys leave because of your attitide. Get off your high horse!

  6. #6
    Forum Member johnny46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    I can't believe any of you fell for this.
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

  7. #7
    Forum Member nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    He's a troll looking to get people riled up. Ignore him and he'll go away.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  8. #8
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunFremontFD View Post
    No offense but just because you have been doing it that way for that long doesn't mean s***. I am going through this with my chief who thinks he knows everything and we don't know anything. Granted he is very smart and has a lot to offer but the problem is he won't share any of it with us. He has been on for 40+ years. Things change and you need to change with them. I'm sure you are very smart but if the majority of the department thinks you should do things different, do it! I have been on a department where the chief was old but did things the right way and everything ran smooth. Now the department I am on is totally opposite.

    My advice to chiefs and officers that think their crap doesn't stink, get off your ego trip, seriously. Guys don't like it and want real leadership. This has been an issue with me and guys like you that think the way you do. I don't care if anyone doesn't like my opinion but it needs to be said! Be a part of the department instead of a dictator. This is the reason departments fall apart and guys leave because of your attitide. Get off your high horse!

    God damnit who are you to tell me that I need to change my department. Iíve been running the show in this town for years, god damnit, I don't need a bunch of Jolly Vollies telling me what to do. I have a Bachelors degree in fire science and emergency management. Iíve fought more fires then meals your wives have burned in the oven. I run my department my way, if you don't like it Tough ****.

  9. #9
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny46 View Post
    I can't believe any of you fell for this.
    Believe it these are the types of people I have working under me.

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    He's a troll looking to get people riled up. Ignore him and he'll go away.
    How dare you call me a troll, thatís offensive and discriminatory, I can't help it Iím only 5'4". Thatís a hate crime. REPORTED

  10. #10
    Forum Member Tony4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St.Louis,MO
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Yep, a troll. It's obvious now. If he was a real chief. He'd be a **** poor one at that.

    Silly trolls!

  11. #11
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    Yep, a troll. It's obvious now. If he was a real chief. He'd be a **** poor one at that.

    Silly trolls!
    Your **** poor, and I hope you choke!

  12. #12
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,202

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCowboyBoots View Post
    Believe it these are the types of people I have working under me.



    How dare you call me a troll, thatís offensive and discriminatory, I can't help it Iím only 5'4". Thatís a hate crime. REPORTED
    Look partner, you are a joke, sign off and go play elsewhere, we don't want you here! You time here is going to be a very short one!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  13. #13
    Forum Member Tony4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St.Louis,MO
    Posts
    188

    Default

    When he is gone. I won't cry.Heck, no one will!

  14. #14
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Look partner, you are a joke, sign off and go play elsewhere, we don't want you here! You time here is going to be a very short one!
    Don't you roll your eyes at me!

    And of course my time is going to be short, Im old and decrepid, and im gona die soon. But until then I do what I want.

    Thats how I roll.

  15. #15
    Forum Member FiremanLyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    948

    Default

    I had a cheif like this.

    We would be playing our music in the bay- "Turn it down" he'd say, well all I got to tell him was no, no, no, no. He'd tell us "not to play" and I said; "Well, all I got to tell you when you tell me not to play is: No, no, no, no."

    It went on like this for a while, until I heard my favorite song, then the tones dropped... so let's go, go, go, go.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber BULL321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    3,406

    Default

    Get your pop corn, hot dogs, cold drinks here!
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    ďGuys if you get hurt, weíll help you. If you get sick weíll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!Ē
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

  17. #17
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    When he is gone. I won't cry.Heck, no one will!
    Shut up Tony, you say your from St. Louis but I bet your from the IL side, 4310 Thats just like a MABIS truck number for a heavy rescue.

  18. #18
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,202

    Default

    Ignore this poster as tomorrow he will be history.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  19. #19
    ChiefCowboyBoots
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Ignore this poster as tomorrow he will be history.
    Shut up Noob!

  20. #20
    Forum Member CrnkB8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    217

    Default

    A real chief would not be airing out their depts dirty laundry on an internet forum (especially a brand, spankin' new member only a few hours old)

    Apparently you haven't put your bachelor's degrees to use yet.

    By the way, I fixed your quote for ya!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCowboyBoots View Post
    Thats how I troll.
    Dear Webteam.......time for "lock down"
    The most important task on the fireground is the one YOU have!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what about shelton
    By theman01 in forum Connecticut
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:01 AM
  2. Air Support Grounded-Slurry Bombers Retired
    By SamsonFCDES in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 03:13 PM
  3. USA GUYS: Different "roles" for firefighters....HELP!
    By Dave1105 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 04:51 PM
  4. Houston FD and NIOSH
    By OSUfirepro in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 11:37 PM
  5. Thermal Imaging SOG's
    By wtfd92 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-27-2001, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts