Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Alf

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,411

    Default Alf

    A little birdy whispered into my ear this morning that the (new) president named by ALF 3 or 4 months ago has been given his walking papers.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    It wouldn't surprise me.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,411

    Default Lots of little birdies.....

    Another little birdy just called me....Seems that things may be changing for the GOOD at ALF......Things like:

    -Making chassis available to other body builders

    -Making LTI aerials available to other builders

    -Making SNORKEL products available to other builders.......

    We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Snorkel?!!! I thought they didnt make them anymore, are they coming back?

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFSKPII View Post
    Snorkel?!!! I thought they didnt make them anymore, are they coming back?
    The reason they have not been made anymore, is because ALF owned the rights to the Snorkel line of products, and would not sell them unless they were mounted on an ALF chassis- need I say more?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    A little birdy whispered into my ear this morning that the (new) president named by ALF 3 or 4 months ago has been given his walking papers.


    Ummm did whats his name [Bill] deicide to step aside or is he still there?
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I also heard about the LTI rumor, but, I'll believe it when i see it.

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Another little birdy just called me....Seems that things may be changing for the GOOD at ALF......Things like:

    -Making chassis available to other body builders

    -Making LTI aerials available to other builders

    -Making SNORKEL products available to other builders.......

    We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never want to see any business fail, because it means someone is out of work. However, I know of at least three body builders that put ALF chassis under their bodies that I'm not so sure would do it again.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    238

    Default

    I was a little shocked to see ALF at Harrisburg!

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Jonnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    ALF Close down again and leave the business.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    A big birdee told me it's situation NORMAL at Alf. I'll sit back and watch,thanks. T.C.

  12. #12
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    East Earl, Pa
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Snafu.........

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Here's a rumor that was floating around at Harrisburg. Crimson has outgrown their aerial production facility located just outside Lancaster (PA). Their lease for this facility is up this October. The outfit that owns this facility recently purchased the LTI facility (in Ephrata, PA) from the Zimmermans (the original founders of LTI). ALF had been (and still is, at least for the time being) leasing this facility from the Zimmermans after Freightliner bought LTI from Simon years back. If and when Tilton's LLC finally pulls the plug on ALF and sells off the remaining assets, Crimson is looking to move their aerial production to the Ephrata facility where they would have the room to also build the bodies for the aerial apparatus rather than have to transport the cab/chassis with the aerial/outriggers mounted to Brandon, SD (formerly the Luverne facility) for the body work to finish the ladder trucks. If this does indeed end up happening, it would be sort of an LTI resurrection and homecoming since most all of the guys that work at Crimson Aerials used to be with LTI before ALF came into the picture. We'll just have to wait and see what happens but it's all hinged on how long ALF holds out I guess.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeadOff View Post
    Here's a rumor that was floating around at Harrisburg. Crimson has outgrown their aerial production facility located just outside Lancaster (PA). Their lease for this facility is up this October. The outfit that owns this facility recently purchased the LTI facility (in Ephrata, PA) from the Zimmermans (the original founders of LTI). ALF had been (and still is, at least for the time being) leasing this facility from the Zimmermans after Freightliner bought LTI from Simon years back. If and when Tilton's LLC finally pulls the plug on ALF and sells off the remaining assets, Crimson is looking to move their aerial production to the Ephrata facility where they would have the room to also build the bodies for the aerial apparatus rather than have to transport the cab/chassis with the aerial/outriggers mounted to Brandon, SD (formerly the Luverne facility) for the body work to finish the ladder trucks. If this does indeed end up happening, it would be sort of an LTI resurrection and homecoming since most all of the guys that work at Crimson Aerials used to be with LTI before ALF came into the picture. We'll just have to wait and see what happens but it's all hinged on how long ALF holds out I guess.
    If that comes to pass,I'd call it a win/win. T.C.

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    If that comes to pass,I'd call it a win/win. T.C.
    I'll do the same!

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I'll sit back and watch,thanks. T.C.
    I agree. Ain't holding my breath. Just passing on some news.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I like the sound of Snorkel being available to other manufacturers

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Anybody know what Crimsons stock costs are at the moment???

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Nope. Time to invest? T.C,

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    165

    Default

    time to invest? not with my money.

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    In CRIMSON....NOT Alf! T.C.

  22. #22
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    So of Can. / N. of Mexico
    Posts
    869

    Default

    It's Spartan stock. Crimson is owned by Spartan. Spartan is traded on the open stock market.

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    AND...........Is it time to INVEST yet?

  24. #24
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donethat
    It's Spartan stock. Crimson is owned by Spartan. Spartan is traded on the open stock market.
    I knew that. Thanks for the reminder.

    Probably better to invest sooner, than later. If you're into playing the market, the timing would be good to do it very soon.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  25. #25
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    165

    Default

    well guys, if you want to invest in that sector, feel free. its not for me at this point.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ALF Eagle
    By NewJerseyFFII in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 10:32 AM
  2. Rosenbauer like ALF??
    By buckdog in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 08:40 AM
  3. ALF Rescue Info Requested
    By ChiefDRS in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:08 PM
  4. ELF's first cousin, ALF
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
  5. ALF Cab Door Problem
    By TCFire in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2002, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register