Forum Member

Default Well I screwed up

Well, I am made an error on an Ops app and it cannot be undone. When I was doing our Veh App I noticed that the organization type field had reverted back to All Paid. I fixed it and then thought about our Ops app. I checked it and low and behold it said All Paid as well. I called AFG and they advised this happens when using Firefox, which I was using. They also said sorry it had already been submitted and it could not be changed back.

So, any grant guru out there know how this will effect anything? Should I just go ahead and withdrawal the app? I sincerely do not want to give false information to the Federal Government concerning our app.

MembersZone Subscriber

Pay each member a dollar then it's all paid.

Ask helpdesk if you can withdrawal the app. and resubmit since deadline is tomorrow and not disclaimer for which browser to use. blows my mind our senator's can use Twitter,Facebook.ect.,but can't use a free browser....
    Last edited by mtndew21; 05-26-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew21 View Post
    Pay each member a dollar then it's all paid.

Ask helpdesk if you can withdrawal the app. and resubmit since deadline is tomorrow and not disclaimer for which browser to use. blows my mind our senator's can use Twitter,Facebook.ect.,but can't use a free browser....
    Good suggestion and you still have time. Worth asking and doing if they say you can.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Ok I tried your suggestions, I talked to three different people and they all say no. I screwed up and that is it. I even brought up the problem is in the software but the issue is they have no access to make any edits or changes.

So let this be a lesson to everyone out there, pay attention to all input information on the app no matter how small it is. I made this error and I accept my screw up and hopefully the guys will not beat me down to bad about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BSFD9302 View Post
    Ok I tried your suggestions, I talked to three different people and they all say no. I screwed up and that is it. I even brought up the problem is in the software but the issue is they have no access to make any edits or changes.

So let this be a lesson to everyone out there, pay attention to all input information on the app no matter how small it is. I made this error and I accept my screw up and hopefully the guys will not beat me down to bad about it.
    Man that is such a shame, I am so sorry for your department. Chalk it up to experience, move on always next year.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Look, Last year I submitted an application and realized 5 minutes later that I forgot to change some figures that were vital in my budget information. I freaked like you are now. I got a message to 'Pinky' who said once its submitted that's it. Too bad. I went ahead and sent an email explaining my mistake and again got a replay with the Sorry, can't be undone, Too bad return email.

I just wrote that application off as a 'chalk that one up to lessons learned.'

Then in November, saw it got a reduction and later awarded.

Go figure!

You might want to do the same then tell us later if it got awarded even with the mistake.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Look, Last year I submitted an application and realized 5 minutes later that I forgot to change some figures that were vital in my budget information. I freaked like you are now. I got a message to 'Pinky' who said once its submitted that's it. Too bad. I went ahead and sent an email explaining my mistake and again got a replay with the Sorry, can't be undone, Too bad return email.

I just wrote that application off as a 'chalk that one up to lessons learned.'

Then in November, saw it got a reduction and later awarded.

Go figure!

You might want to do the same then tell us later if it got awarded even with the mistake.
    Jim you may be right; not sure if saying you are fulltime would have any effect whatsoever on if it passed computer and on to peer and I bet his narrative states that he is a VFD/Combi and not fulltime. They just may correct that at tech review.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Jim you may be right; not sure if saying you are fulltime would have any effect whatsoever on if it passed computer and on to peer and I bet his narrative states that he is a VFD/Combi and not fulltime. They just may correct that at tech review.
    Yep, througout my app it does state we are volunteer which includes the line right after the organization type that asks what percent of the budget is for personnel costs.

Thanks for the uplift Jam, and congrats on your award. I will keep an eye on it and if it is awarded or denied I will repost. Of course we have a long long wait for that to start.

Oh yeah, the AFG people were very nice and as helpful as they could be. I had no issues with them at all.

MembersZone Subscriber

I sent an email inquiry to the head honcho at AFG and asked if it would effect scoring or could it be corrected at tech review if it scored good otherwise. Let's see what he says. I will post when he responds.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I sent an email inquiry to the head honcho at AFG and asked if it would effect scoring or could it be corrected at tech review if it scored good otherwise. Let's see what he says. I will post when he responds.
    Thanks Kurt. All of this help is making my sudden onset depressions symptoms subside.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good news dude! See response from Program Director below.

No effect. Not to worry.

It isn’t the browser used. Rather, the scroll function on the mouses. Applicants will select the correct “label” and then scroll down the page. The scrolling will change the answer if the user is not careful.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Good news dude! See response from Program Director below.

No effect. Not to worry.

It isn’t the browser used. Rather, the scroll function on the mouses. Applicants will select the correct “label” and then scroll down the page. The scrolling will change the answer if the user is not careful.
    GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!! Thanks a million Kurt!!! 1,000,000 bonus points for you!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

You can tell how rich you are by the amount of friends you have. Money has nothing to do with it. You all have a good day!!

MembersZone Subscriber

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!! Thanks a million Kurt!!! 1,000,000 bonus points for you!!!
    Yea well wait till you see my bill.LOL!!!!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Smile

I did a similiar thing a few years ago. I flip flopped square mileage and population, when filling in the check boxes. Something tells me I now know why the computer bounced me for the cost benefit for a vehicle to protect 49 people, but hey we had 2287 square miles to protect!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 99mtk35 View Post
    I did a similiar thing a few years ago. I flip flopped square mileage and population, when filling in the check boxes. Something tells me I now know why the computer bounced me for the cost benefit for a vehicle to protect 49 people, but hey we had 2287 square miles to protect!
    On a vehicle grant! Dude, that HAD to hurt.

Sorry.

MembersZone Subscriber

I pulled one myself and didn't realize it until I printed it. I put us as a federal department somehow. I know I didn't do it when I first went through that section, but it ended up that way when it submitted,.

Forum Member

Yikes. That's the one insta-killer. Sorry to hear that Catch.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Yikes. That's the one insta-killer. Sorry to hear that Catch.
    That's not what I like to hear. Somehow that "are you a member of a federal fire department..." question got checked yes, and I know I checked no when I filled it out.

Forum Member

See, this makes me think that there are more instances of the above that seems to confirm that the computer is 'acting up' somehow.

It has happened before. (I'm sure)

Thread Information