Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last
  1. #1
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

    Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.
    By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
    Special to the Examiner
    05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.
    From Talk Radio News Service:
    “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
    Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.
    On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back.

    These peoples are absolutely incredible. Add this To Dodd blaming bush on Imusus show...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.
    By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
    Special to the Examiner
    05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.
    From Talk Radio News Service:
    “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
    Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.
    On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back.

    These peoples are absolutely incredible. Add this To Dodd blaming bush on Imusus show...


    What did you expect? Let Bush off and out of everything. Someone will end up saying he had some to do with World War 2 before it over with. Democrats will blame anyone for everything but can't take the blame when it's in their front yard!


    She probably don't have a clue where the leak is located.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    What did you expect? Let Bush off and out of everything. Someone will end up saying he had some to do with World War 2 before it over with. Democrats will blame anyone for everything but can't take the blame when it's in their front yard!


    She probably don't have a clue where the leak is located.
    CaptOT is right. However the Big O is not going to be able to shake off the way he responded to the spill. No matter how he tries to spin it.

    And as far as Pelosi is concerned. Nobody and I mean Nobody believes anything she says anymore. She is a certifiable 'LOON.'

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Just like he was responsible for Katrina...
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Just like he was responsible for Katrina...
    The BP oil spill has been called Obama's Katrina by the conservative media.

    A very curious comparison given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of Katrina.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The BP oil spill has been called Obama's Katrina by the conservative media.

    A very curious comparison given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of Katrina.
    What's your point? It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can dish it out but can't take it. Boo hoo.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    RspctFrmCalgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
    Posts
    6,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcoviy View Post
    To find out more, just visit ACME People Search Guide
    Post reported
    September 11th - Never Forget

    I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

    Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

    RAY WAS HERE FIRST

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    What's your point? It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can dish it out but can't take it. Boo hoo.
    I see it just the opposite.

    I see they're taking just fine. Just giving back what they took for eight years.

    The first Bush recession? Clinton's fault. The 9/11 attacks? Definitely Clinton's fault. (Remember The Path to 9/11?) Indeed, they even tried to blame the 2008 Bush recession on Bill Clinton. They never gave up.

    And of course, before Barack Obama was even sworn into office, they began calling the last Bush recession "the Obama recession"

    Now here's the real fun part. Conservatives bellyache that there is too much government interference and that business should be left to its own means.

    The spill in the Gulf is a prime example of what happens when private business is allowed to monitor itself.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcoviy View Post
    To find out more, just visit ACME People Search Guide
    Post reported.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The spill in the Gulf is a prime example of what happens when private business is allowed to monitor itself.
    Yeah, the soviet union was much more successful. Too bad we can't be more like that...

    Would you be so kind as to explain for all of us how more government control and interference would have prevented this from happening? I don't actually expect you come up with an intelligent answer, you'll probably change the subject or lie. Either way, we're standing by for your response.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    It's a shame how it's nothing but pointing fingers at other parties anymore. I'm sure Bush was on the rig and made it explode himself

  12. #12
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    It is Obama's house now. If there were issues within the departments he has had over a year to clean house. Apparently Obama is just fine with things as they are.

    I imagine the worst May in 70 years for the DOW will be Bush's fault too. Obama was handed an economy on the rebound. He started attacking Wall Street and ruined a perfectly good recovery.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Yeah, the soviet union was much more successful. Too bad we can't be more like that...
    Red herring. Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Would you be so kind as to explain for all of us how more government control and interference would have prevented this from happening? I don't actually expect you come up with an intelligent answer, you'll probably change the subject or lie. Either way, we're standing by for your response.
    There are safety devices that could have been mandated as is done in other countries.

    Link

    The oil well spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills.

    The lack of the device, called an acoustic switch, could amplify concerns over the environmental impact of offshore drilling after the explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig last week.
    The article speaks for itself.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    It is Obama's house now. If there were issues within the departments he has had over a year to clean house. Apparently Obama is just fine with things as they are.
    When has Obama or even any of his followers ever stated such a thing? This one came out of your hind quarters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I imagine the worst May in 70 years for the DOW will be Bush's fault too. Obama was handed an economy on the rebound. He started attacking Wall Street and ruined a perfectly good recovery.
    The economy was in recession for an entire year prior to Obama's being sworn into office. The market was spiraling downward hitting its lowest point in March, 2009.

    Reading, it's FUNdamental.

    Clearly you don't do it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtarheels View Post
    It's a shame how it's nothing but pointing fingers at other parties anymore. I'm sure Bush was on the rig and made it explode himself
    If one read all the whinings by conservatives after 9/11, one would have believed Clinton had flown all four airplanes.

    Like I stated earlier. Conservatives can dish it out, they are showing they can't take it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Wrong.

    The blowout preventer was defective or broken. The deadman failed. And normal operation failed. When they tried to operate it manually with an ROV, it failed and hydraulic fluid leaked out. Adding a third way to activate it wouldn't have made a difference if the device it was activating was broken.

    Is that all you have? I assume you'll resort to lying next?
    Last edited by nmfire; 05-30-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  17. #17
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    When has Obama or even any of his followers ever stated such a thing? This one came out of your hind quarters.
    Actually, if you read the article PELOSI is Blaming Bush; It is Obamas House NOW. Stop blaming Bush.

    The economy was in recession for an entire year prior to Obama's being sworn into office. The market was spiraling downward hitting its lowest point in March, 2009.

    Reading, it's FUNdamental.

    Clearly you don't do it.
    More importantly is the fact that the President nor the congress can control the economy. It is foolish to believe any of them have that much power and influence. While the government accounts for 25% of GDP (which is far more than any bank or other industry) it is only one input of millions of inputs into the economic system. I find it humorous how our legislators talk about reforming the banking industry because we have "banks to big to fail"; yet the biggest problem is a government that is to big to fail.

    Giving credit or placing blame on a President for the state of the economy shows a total lack of understanding of the complexities of the economy. It would be like blaming the President for the weather.

  18. #18
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Wrong.

    The blowout preventer was defective or broken. The deadman failed. And normal operation failed. When they tried to operate it manually with an ROV, it failed and hydraulic fluid leaked out. Adding a third way to activate it wouldn't have made a difference if the device it was activating was broken.

    Is that all you have? I assume you'll resort to lying next?
    They could have placed a device known as the Acoustic switch as SC pointed out on the blow out preventer to activate it. This would have provided a tertiary method of activating the valve. However, the valve, is a single point of failure. So if the valve fails all the activation methods in the world won't help.

    It is my understanding that the blow out preventer had been damaged days earlier. However the foreman on the rig ignored this and kept going. It appears that there were a series of human errors that caused the accident and all the regulations in the world will not overcome all human errors.

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    They could have placed a device known as the Acoustic switch as SC pointed out on the blow out preventer to activate it. This would have provided a tertiary method of activating the valve. However, the valve, is a single point of failure. So if the valve fails all the activation methods in the world won't help.
    Isn't that what I just said????
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  20. #20
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Isn't that what I just said????
    Yup, just reinforcing the comment.

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Wrong.

    The blowout preventer was defective or broken. The deadman failed. And normal operation failed. When they tried to operate it manually with an ROV, it failed and hydraulic fluid leaked out. Adding a third way to activate it wouldn't have made a difference if the device it was activating was broken.

    Is that all you have? I assume you'll resort to lying next?
    Could you please tell the Wall Street Journal they're lying? I cited them as a source. You cited nothing.
    Last edited by scfire86; 05-30-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    They could have placed a device known as the Acoustic switch as SC pointed out on the blow out preventer to activate it. This would have provided a tertiary method of activating the valve. However, the valve, is a single point of failure. So if the valve fails all the activation methods in the world won't help.
    Please detail for us your vast experience in petroleum engineering.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    It is my understanding that the blow out preventer had been damaged days earlier. However the foreman on the rig ignored this and kept going. It appears that there were a series of human errors that caused the accident and all the regulations in the world will not overcome all human errors.
    You've proven on numerous occasions that the only thing you understand is the ability to allow a credit card balance drive you to BK.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Actually, if you read the article PELOSI is Blaming Bush; It is Obamas House NOW. Stop blaming Bush.
    Why? Because it's true? As I pointed out, Bush blamed Clinton for numerous issues till the day he left office eight years later. If Obama is forced to accept blame for the BP oil spill, then Bush should be blamed for allowing 9/11 to occur. An action that killed 3,000 Americans. Right? Or are you going to claim that didn't happen. Sooo....when the conservative media claims this incident is "Obama's Katrina," is that a good or a bad thing? Given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of that incident. I can understand why conservatives are demanding that people stop blaming Bush, they supported for eight years what will be known as one of the worst presidential administrations in our nation's history.

    Here's a fun clip with edits from faux nooz.

    Link

    What I like about it is how the right wing noise machine initially tried to claim the oil spill was less than the natural seepage that occurs. In the weeks immediately following the sinking of the Deepwater Horizon oil platform on April 20, 2010, Conservative pundits quickly tried to minimize the amount of damage we could expect from all that oil washing ashore, comparing it to "natural seepage" from the ocean floor. Then the oil started washing ashore, and suddenly this was "Obama's Katrina".


    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    More importantly is the fact that the President nor the congress can control the economy. It is foolish to believe any of them have that much power and influence. While the government accounts for 25% of GDP (which is far more than any bank or other industry) it is only one input of millions of inputs into the economic system. I find it humorous how our legislators talk about reforming the banking industry because we have "banks to big to fail"; yet the biggest problem is a government that is to big to fail.
    You continue to show your lack of understanding of how government spending affects the economy. Please cease this line of thought and cut your losses now. You'll only make yourself look even more foolish.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Giving credit or placing blame on a President for the state of the economy shows a total lack of understanding of the complexities of the economy. It would be like blaming the President for the weather.
    You would know all about a lack of understanding. Please detail how well you managed your personal finances. Then we can decide how suited you are to comment on this facet of our society.

    You're really not very bright, are you?
    Last edited by scfire86; 05-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  24. #24
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Please detail for us your vast experience in petroleum engineering.


    You've proven on numerous occasions that the only thing you understand is the ability to allow a credit card balance drive you to BK.

    I simply read the article in the WSJ that you cited.

    Here is an article for you to read as well You Were Right, but It Didn't Matter: 12 Ideas for Arguing your Point Effectively

    Pay attention to number:

    7. Often, your opponent will pass his beliefs and opinions for an unquestionable truth. So, be on guard for and readily reject ad hominem attacks (when your opponent targets your persona and not your argument). For example: "I don't see how this approach can ever work, coming from someone who can't control his weight, let alone an initiative of this importance!"

    AND

    11 Red herring anyone? Watch for arguments with little to no connection to the issue at stake, which are introduced to misdirect the attention of you and the rest of the audience. This also often happens inadvertently.


    You seem to manage to break the rules all the time.

  25. #25
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You're really not very bright, are you?
    Actually, I am a highly intelligent individual who has trouble dealing with stupid people.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. Any way you look at it, say no to Kerry
    By mohican in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 06:52 PM
  3. Kerry Plays Race Card
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
  4. Oil truck strikes snowbank, dumps heating fuel in Salem
    By stm4710 in forum Hazardous Materials General Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 09:00 PM
  5. Oil Gas.....OPS
    By Just a new name in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register