Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.
    By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
    Special to the Examiner
    05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.
    From Talk Radio News Service:
    “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
    Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.
    On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back.

These peoples are absolutely incredible. Add this To Dodd blaming bush on Imusus show...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.
    By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
    Special to the Examiner
    05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
    Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.
    From Talk Radio News Service:
    “Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.
    Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.
    On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back.

These peoples are absolutely incredible. Add this To Dodd blaming bush on Imusus show...

What did you expect? Let Bush off and out of everything. Someone will end up saying he had some to do with World War 2 before it over with. Democrats will blame anyone for everything but can't take the blame when it's in their front yard!

She probably don't have a clue where the leak is located.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    What did you expect? Let Bush off and out of everything. Someone will end up saying he had some to do with World War 2 before it over with. Democrats will blame anyone for everything but can't take the blame when it's in their front yard!

She probably don't have a clue where the leak is located.
    CaptOT is right. However the Big O is not going to be able to shake off the way he responded to the spill. No matter how he tries to spin it.

And as far as Pelosi is concerned. Nobody and I mean Nobody believes anything she says anymore. She is a certifiable 'LOON.'

Just like he was responsible for Katrina...
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Just like he was responsible for Katrina...
    The BP oil spill has been called Obama's Katrina by the conservative media.

A very curious comparison given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of Katrina.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The BP oil spill has been called Obama's Katrina by the conservative media.

A very curious comparison given how conservatives praised Bush's handling of Katrina.
    What's your point? It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can dish it out but can't take it. Boo hoo.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by marcoviy View Post
    To find out more, just visit ACME People Search Guide
    Post reported
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

What's your point? It shouldn't be surprising that liberals can dish it out but can't take it. Boo hoo.
    I see it just the opposite.

I see they're taking just fine. Just giving back what they took for eight years.

The first Bush recession? Clinton's fault. The 9/11 attacks? Definitely Clinton's fault. (Remember The Path to 9/11?) Indeed, they even tried to blame the 2008 Bush recession on Bill Clinton. They never gave up.

And of course, before Barack Obama was even sworn into office, they began calling the last Bush recession "the Obama recession"

Now here's the real fun part. Conservatives bellyache that there is too much government interference and that business should be left to its own means.

The spill in the Gulf is a prime example of what happens when private business is allowed to monitor itself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marcoviy View Post
    To find out more, just visit ACME People Search Guide
    Post reported.

The spill in the Gulf is a prime example of what happens when private business is allowed to monitor itself.
    Yeah, the soviet union was much more successful. Too bad we can't be more like that...

Would you be so kind as to explain for all of us how more government control and interference would have prevented this from happening? I don't actually expect you come up with an intelligent answer, you'll probably change the subject or lie. Either way, we're standing by for your response.

Forum Member

It's a shame how it's nothing but pointing fingers at other parties anymore. I'm sure Bush was on the rig and made it explode himself

Banned

It is Obama's house now. If there were issues within the departments he has had over a year to clean house. Apparently Obama is just fine with things as they are.

I imagine the worst May in 70 years for the DOW will be Bush's fault too. Obama was handed an economy on the rebound. He started attacking Wall Street and ruined a perfectly good recovery.

Yeah, the soviet union was much more successful. Too bad we can't be more like that...
    Red herring. Try again.

Would you be so kind as to explain for all of us how more government control and interference would have prevented this from happening? I don't actually expect you come up with an intelligent answer, you'll probably change the subject or lie. Either way, we're standing by for your response.
    There are safety devices that could have been mandated as is done in other countries.

Link

The oil well spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills.

The lack of the device, called an acoustic switch, could amplify concerns over the environmental impact of offshore drilling after the explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig last week.
    The article speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    It is Obama's house now. If there were issues within the departments he has had over a year to clean house. Apparently Obama is just fine with things as they are.
    When has Obama or even any of his followers ever stated such a thing? This one came out of your hind quarters.

I imagine the worst May in 70 years for the DOW will be Bush's fault too. Obama was handed an economy on the rebound. He started attacking Wall Street and ruined a perfectly good recovery.
    The economy was in recession for an entire year prior to Obama's being sworn into office. The market was spiraling downward hitting its lowest point in March, 2009.

Reading, it's FUNdamental.

Clearly you don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtarheels View Post
    It's a shame how it's nothing but pointing fingers at other parties anymore. I'm sure Bush was on the rig and made it explode himself
    If one read all the whinings by conservatives after 9/11, one would have believed Clinton had flown all four airplanes.

Like I stated earlier. Conservatives can dish it out, they are showing they can't take it.

Wrong.

The blowout preventer was defective or broken. The deadman failed. And normal operation failed. When they tried to operate it manually with an ROV, it failed and hydraulic fluid leaked out. Adding a third way to activate it wouldn't have made a difference if the device it was activating was broken.

Is that all you have? I assume you'll resort to lying next?
    Last edited by nmfire; 05-30-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Banned

When has Obama or even any of his followers ever stated such a thing? This one came out of your hind quarters.
    Actually, if you read the article PELOSI is Blaming Bush; It is Obamas House NOW. Stop blaming Bush.

The economy was in recession for an entire year prior to Obama's being sworn into office. The market was spiraling downward hitting its lowest point in March, 2009.

Reading, it's FUNdamental.

Clearly you don't do it.
    More importantly is the fact that the President nor the congress can control the economy. It is foolish to believe any of them have that much power and influence. While the government accounts for 25% of GDP (which is far more than any bank or other industry) it is only one input of millions of inputs into the economic system. I find it humorous how our legislators talk about reforming the banking industry because we have "banks to big to fail"; yet the biggest problem is a government that is to big to fail.

Giving credit or placing blame on a President for the state of the economy shows a total lack of understanding of the complexities of the economy. It would be like blaming the President for the weather.

Banned

Wrong.

The blowout preventer was defective or broken. The deadman failed. And normal operation failed. When they tried to operate it manually with an ROV, it failed and hydraulic fluid leaked out. Adding a third way to activate it wouldn't have made a difference if the device it was activating was broken.

Is that all you have? I assume you'll resort to lying next?
    They could have placed a device known as the Acoustic switch as SC pointed out on the blow out preventer to activate it. This would have provided a tertiary method of activating the valve. However, the valve, is a single point of failure. So if the valve fails all the activation methods in the world won't help.

It is my understanding that the blow out preventer had been damaged days earlier. However the foreman on the rig ignored this and kept going. It appears that there were a series of human errors that caused the accident and all the regulations in the world will not overcome all human errors.

They could have placed a device known as the Acoustic switch as SC pointed out on the blow out preventer to activate it. This would have provided a tertiary method of activating the valve. However, the valve, is a single point of failure. So if the valve fails all the activation methods in the world won't help.
    Isn't that what I just said????

Banned

Isn't that what I just said????
    Yup, just reinforcing the comment.

Thread Information