MembersZone Subscriber

Default Now what do we do?

Well, I guess the guessing/waiting game begins!

When are they expected to go to computer scoring, peer review, etc? When will they begin announcements?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ENG5TRK View Post
    Well, I guess the guessing/waiting game begins!

When are they expected to go to computer scoring, peer review, etc? When will they begin announcements?
    Computer scoring is done. PR I believe is scheduled towards the end of June. Awards should start in August (hopefully).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Computer scoring is done. PR I believe is scheduled towards the end of June. Awards should start in August (hopefully).
    seriously?

MembersZone Subscriber

I would think that once you hit the enter key and submitted, that computer scoring is completed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TotowaEMT View Post
    seriously?
    Once you submit your application, it's computer scored. The AFG already knows which applications are in the funding level and which are not.

Tentative dates for PR 6/21-6/25.

Once PR is completed the applications to be funded go through 2 more reviews......figure about 4-6 weeks for the first awards to come out after PR.

Forum Member

Once you submit your application, it's computer scored. The AFG already knows which applications are in the funding level and which are not.

Tentative dates for PR 6/21-6/25.

Once PR is completed the applications to be funded go through 2 more reviews......figure about 4-6 weeks for the first awards to come out after PR.
    i was just surprised seeing as how 2009 went..i guess that wasnt normal

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TotowaEMT View Post
    i was just surprised seeing as how 2009 went..i guess that wasnt normal
    Far from normal last year......the big assumption is that we don't have a repeat of last year.

Forum Member

Far from normal last year......the big assumption is that we don't have a repeat of last year.
    With the continuous trail of surprises, delays and letdowns, will be very surprised to find this year similar to 2008.

I just have a feeling that its going to be more of the same and that the real reasons for the changes will become apparant down the line. Computer software problems my ***!

Forum Member

From what I have been told, they are trying real hard to make this year better than last year. Beside having "software problems" last year, they had to do the construction grants. These construction grants are basically what broke the camels back. They just were not prepared for that kind of work load. Only time will tell how this year will go. I hope that it goes allot better.

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    With the continuous trail of surprises, delays and letdowns, will be very surprised to find this year similar to 2008.

I just have a feeling that its going to be more of the same and that the real reasons for the changes will become apparant down the line. Computer software problems my ***!

While it has been a pain in the a**, we must remember that there were alot of departments who were funded. Some of my apps got funded and some didn't. Still, the fact remains the money was still awarded. Better late than not to have at all. I'm sure we all would like a process that is stream line, fast and simple, but it's not. A small price to pay when someone wants to give you money. I'm just happy there still is a process. One of these days there won't be a grant and then what? What will we b**ch about then, besides politics.

It was a little disappointing the low numbers applying this year. While it could possibly increase our odds, it may be sending a signal to those who decide our fate that maybe there really isn't a need or that they can continue the grant but continue to reduce the funding amount.

So before we start complaining to much, were you one of departments doing the happy dance this year? Bet they ain't bitching.

Just my pennys worth on the matter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Can't convince me that awards schedule is not related to election schedule. That is pork in 2009 does the political class minimal benefit.

By that (my) logic they need to get 2010 awards out in the July-Oct time frame.

So who sells there vote for a grant? I think very few of us. But that's the working plan of most of what has been going on in DC in the last 18months.

Forum Member

Anybody taking bets on when we will see the grants for this years AFG apps?

MembersZone Subscriber

OK I'll start the guessing game and go out on a limb. I'm claiming Sept 3 for first round.Heck we were all so far off last year, what have I got to lose?
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

In any case before 11/2. No point in letting your Congressional successor have credit for a deal you...er..."brokered."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    OK I'll start the guessing game and go out on a limb. I'm claiming Sept 3 for first round.Heck we were all so far off last year, what have I got to lose?
    Yea agree with you pick Maybe even Sept 10th.
    Folks will be back from vacations,kids back in school, parents will have more time to pay attention to the news and if were lucky they might have the pipe in the gulf plugged by then.

Forum Member

Well since I sparked the date guessing game, I'll pick an easy one for me to remember September 15th. (That's my birthday.)

Forum Member

I will take Friday October 8th

Thread Information