Forum Member

Default New Apparatus Grant

Hey, guys. Our dept is currently getting involved in a grant for a new apparatus. We have met all qualifications and requirements. We are not sure which apparatus will roll into bays YET. However, many specs have been drawn and looked over. We are highly interested in the specs we found when looking at the possibilities of what a Freightliner 4 Dr with a HME / KME Rescue Body could offer as well as what a Spartan Engine with a Spartan or HME Rescue Body has to offer. We are seeking out any little catches that the particular grant may have. I have not yet been informed on exactly what grant we are getting. I do know that we just recently got the FEMA grant to help our building funds, but that grant does not apply under the category of "new apparatus." Any constructive feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    T-D.

Forum Member

Default Can you clarify?

Maybe I'm not reading your post properly, but are you saying that you got a grant, but it's not for a new vehicle? Or will you be applying for one in 2011? If you could clarify a little, I can possibly offer some help.

Forum Member

What part of the country are you from?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1118 View Post
    Maybe I'm not reading your post properly, but are you saying that you got a grant, but it's not for a new vehicle? Or will you be applying for one in 2011? If you could clarify a little, I can possibly offer some help.
    This grant in particular only covers a brand new apparatus. We will have to order a new apparatus in order for this grant to cover us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 93Cobra View Post
    What part of the country are you from?
    I am from the Northeastern United States.

Forum Member

A little vague, but let's see...

If you mentioned in your grant that you plan on having a 1250-gpm pump and a 750-gallon water tank, those items should definitely be on the truck. I would look at specs you have available to you, but certainly edit them to make them your own. Look at the equipment you currently have, figure out what you like about it, and what you would like to add to it if possible.

There are some stipulations regarding the grant itself such as needing to go out to bid, supplying information as to the what/why/how's of your purchase, etc. You can get all the information you need, provided this is an AFG award, by going to http://www.firegrantsupport.com/docs...FGguidance.pdf

Forum Member

You will definitely need to get a list together of exactly what you need to have on the truck. You can then give that to different manufacturers to see how they quote it and see if there are any exceptions to what you have given them. You can also see how the different manufacturers package things together to see if it works for you.

Thread Information