Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default Online Fire Training

Last edited by brianmrobertson; 06-06-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Check out trainingdivision.com Best online school out there. I had offers at 2 depts within 5 months of graduation.

Pete

Forum Member

I have looked at trainingdivision.com but the only problem is Texas does not allow for remote testing. There is no easy way for me to get there for testing. I live in the DC area. I don't mind driving to surround states or doing remote testing.

I can't imagine anywhere allowing "remote testing". You're going to have to go somewhere to test.

Like I said, it's probably your best bet. You can't do everything online. Eventually, you'll have to go where your school is located and meet with the instructors to do practicals.
    Pete

The best online training is on-the-line training.

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Quote Originally Posted by brianmrobertson View Post
    Does anybody know of anywhere where you can take fire courses online and obtain IFSAC or ProBoard certification. Looking for classes such as Instructor I/II/III, Fire Officer I/II/III/IV, Public Fire and Life Safety Educator I/II, Plans Examiner I/II, etc. I have heard there are ways to obtain these classes online but I don't know anything about. Figured there might be a way to complete the online class and then have someone proctor a test for you. If anyone has any information on how you can take any of these or other courses online then please let me know. I know Alabama Fire College use to have a ProBoard Fire Officer I but they took it off to modify. Haven't seen it back. I also had someone mention Open Fire Academy but I don't know anything about them or if they are reliable. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

So once you get all these certifications, what are you going to do, wallpaper your house??

Why join a fire department and learn that way and start taking courses along the way. I never seen anyone who had all those cert, hold a hose line better than I could!

BTY - I have those plus more.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brianmrobertson
    Does anybody know of anywhere where you can take fire courses online and obtain IFSAC or ProBoard certification. Looking for classes such as Instructor I/II/III, Fire Officer I/II/III/IV, Public Fire and Life Safety Educator I/II, Plans Examiner I/II, etc. I have heard there are ways to obtain these classes online but I don't know anything about. Figured there might be a way to complete the online class and then have someone proctor a test for you. If anyone has any information on how you can take any of these or other courses online then please let me know. I know Alabama Fire College use to have a ProBoard Fire Officer I but they took it off to modify. Haven't seen it back. I also had someone mention Open Fire Academy but I don't know anything about them or if they are reliable. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks for any input you can provide!
    On line courses and degrees are geared more towards Emergency and Fire Service management. Capella University (which has ads on this site) offers a BS and an MS in Emergency Management.

MembersZone Subscriber

I know of one place to get most of those certs online...it's called the military. Join up, go to basic ff school, and they will CDC you to death!!!!!
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Thread Information