Thread: Becoming a FF.

Forum Member

Default Becoming a FF.

Hey guys, Names Zach, and I'm new the forums. But I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. But I was wondering if you guys had any advise, on how to get started. I was thinking about getting my FSD 1 and 2. But I have some locals telling me that would be a waste of time. I know it would look good on me, and hard as it is to get on a dept these days, I won't stop till I reach my goal. I was just hopeing you guys and girls might have a few shortcuts Thanks

Zach

MembersZone Subscriber

First, to save you from getting roughed up too much by the guys, use the search button (near the top right) to search for this topic. There are numerous threads that contain a lot of valuable information. Also search by your area. There are quite a few people here that have decades of experience and are happy to share it.

Once you've reviewed those, come back and give us some more information on you such as age, location, past experience, etc. There are no shortcuts to becoming a FF, especially in this economy. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, sometimes taking candidates YEARS to get their dream job.

Good luck and talk to you soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zzyyzx View Post
    First, to save you from getting roughed up too much by the guys, use the search button (near the top right) to search for this topic. There are numerous threads that contain a lot of valuable information. Also search by your area. There are quite a few people here that have decades of experience and are happy to share it.

Once you've reviewed those, come back and give us some more information on you such as age, location, past experience, etc. There are no shortcuts to becoming a FF, especially in this economy. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, sometimes taking candidates YEARS to get their dream job.

Good luck and talk to you soon.
    Thanks for everything zzyyzx, and I will do that. If there is anything else I need to know, let me have it. I'm ready to get this on the road

MembersZone Subscriber

You'll get a lot of information from the other threads and I'm sure you'll generate some specific questions or ones you couldn't find. Give it a go and then let us know. Most of the time you'll get responses quickly. It's a lot of fun and the best job in the world.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zzyyzx View Post
    You'll get a lot of information from the other threads and I'm sure you'll generate some specific questions or ones you couldn't find. Give it a go and then let us know. Most of the time you'll get responses quickly. It's a lot of fun and the best job in the world.
    My mom was a firefighter, and dad was a cop. I wanted to be a cop for awhile, but after a lot of thinking I decided FF was for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bronsonV View Post
    My mom was a firefighter, and dad was a cop. I wanted to be a cop for awhile, but after a lot of thinking I decided FF was for me.
    Anyone can be a cop but it takes special folks to be a fireman.

Start applying everywhere and take all the test, htis will help you get a good job. Depending on where you live, state and or city, you may not need to take courses before you get hired and then you may. Over here where I am, we don't care aht kind of certification you may have. If you get hired you will attend the fire recuit school for 22 to 26 weeks and be certified by the department which hired you and then you will know what they want you to know.

Thread Information