Forum Member

Default Freightliner 4x4

Anyone know how tall a freightliner m2 106 stands after the 4x4 conversion? we have a 10' max height, but dont want to knock freightliner out of the competition.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CCCFire09 View Post
    Anyone know how tall a freightliner m2 106 stands after the 4x4 conversion? we have a 10' max height, but dont want to knock freightliner out of the competition.
    I have prints of a 4x4 Freightliner that is 9'-9" with a fairly tall lightbar. I know you didn't want IH info, but the photo to the left is 4x4 and fits in a ten foot door.

***EDIT*** In hindsight, with all of the emissions changes, I wonder if that will impact anything. So I wouldn't trust my answer, as the drawing is from before all this EPA nonsense.
    Last edited by npfd801; 06-11-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

We were originally aiming for IH, bet we drove a freightliner demo and really liked it. The urea doesn't seem like too big of a problem for us, either, after closer review.

I just thought someone might have the info, as all i can find are IH 4x4 chassis.

Forum Member

We were originally aiming for IH, bet we drove a freightliner demo and really liked it. The urea doesn't seem like too big of a problem for us, either, after closer review.

I just thought someone might have the info, as all i can find are IH 4x4 chassis.
    Was the Freightliner demo a 4 x 4? If not, you need to try one that is.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good point, CE. Our IH rides like ***.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

We have an 08 4x4 that barely fits in our bay. When we ordered the truck the Chief thought our doors were 12x12 and turned out to be 10' tall x 12' wide. Two quick thoughts.... 1) Get a low profile lightbar 2) If it snows in your area, be sure the snow is removed from the trucks tracks prior to backing into the bay.
    We like our engine, the truck it replaced was a 1969 Chevrolet, so we were sort of parcel to it. The Freightliner has seemed to be a good truck.
    Oh yeah, you would need to cut off the exhaust if you get a leaf blower.

Forum Member

The demo was a 4x4 FL. We have 12' doors, but we are worried about the overgrown driveways around here.

MembersZone Subscriber

... The urea doesn't seem like too big of a problem for us, either, after closer review.

It won't be in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

But how long do you keep your apparatus? If it's for 20 or 30 years (or for the 2nd owner you what to sell the truck to) SCR/urea will be an issue. By 2030 it will long have been an orphan "tech". IH EGR likely not so.

Forum Member

Thumbs up getasupply

We went IH because the wiring in the cab, the cab is built by IH. We are in the second year and it comes off our gravel/snow roads and runs with the crowd on the freeway.

Cab is definitely quieter than the neighbors FL, we have some long runs on state mobilizations so that is nice.

GAS

The only thing worse than no plan is two plans

Thread Information