1. #1
    ...
    ... is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default Iowa Large Structure Burn Team

    Just in case anyone is interested, here are two videos of training exercises conducted by the Iowa Large Structure Burn Team on old grain elevators. It is fascinating how all the volunteer departments and the 100+ personal come together and preform these training exercises without any damage to other buildings.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayvJazGCUjI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLrPSUYlp8k

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Absolutely impressive, from start to finish, and in all phases.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    tree68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jefferson County, NY USA
    Posts
    2,287

    Default

    An impressive operation. I'm even more impressed that they've developed an organization to plan and manage such operations, although it appears to be a private concern.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

    Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

  4. #4
    ...
    ... is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Absolutely impressive, from start to finish, and in all phases.

    FM1
    Quote Originally Posted by tree68 View Post
    An impressive operation. I'm even more impressed that they've developed an organization to plan and manage such operations, although it appears to be a private concern.
    That's for sure! As far as I'm aware the command team (Iowa Large Structure Burn Team) is a private company. The nice thing about these training exercises is that the local farm organizations save money on demolition costs.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,242

    Default

    Not many barns, if any, in larger urban cities.

    Video was ok for what it was showing.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  6. #6
    ...
    ... is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Not many barns, if any, in larger urban cities.

    Video was ok for what it was showing.
    In the two videos they were using grain elevators. (which you don't find in the city either)

  7. #7
    ...
    ... is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Here is one done on property owned by Rosenbauer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653CE...eature=related

  8. #8
    ...
    ... is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue61
    That's for sure! As far as I'm aware the command team (Iowa Large Structure Burn Team) is a private company. The nice thing about these training exercises is that the local farm organizations save money on demolition costs.
    Demo costs should be the secondary point. The primary would be on the effective use of all the agencies involved, and working together.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  10. #10
    ...
    ... is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Demo costs should be the secondary point. The primary would be on the effective use of all the agencies involved, and working together.

    FM1
    Yes, I agree. I was just pointing out that it is beneficial to all parties involved.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Large area tagline search
    By Fire304 in forum Rapid Intervention
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 10:39 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-02-06
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 10:11 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 12-05-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 01:28 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 07-11-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 10:34 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 01-30-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register