Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum Member

I hate playing the waiting game

It's almost been a month... Any of you preparing for the CPAT (just in case)?

Forum Member

Exclamation

ATTENTION FELLOW BROTHERS I HAVE AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Firefighter/Rescuer Recruit I - Montgomery County, MD
    Please share with your potential candidates.

At this time no test results have come back from the testing company, who administers our written entrance exam.

Candidates will most likely receive an email from us, which will have their final score along with pertinent information about the next steps in our process.

Feel free to pass this email on to anyone who had taken the test.

We are interested in providing quality customer service, so please assist me in getting this message out.

Lastly, I will be providing an update on the status of recruitment efforts in a follow up email within the next two weeks. I will share the results of each interview we conducted with the candidates.

Roughly 1600 candidates attended the test. 500 of the applicants had stated they were directly recruited by our personnel. I will be sending you all the data on the remaining 1100 candidates in the next email.

We are continually evolving and working towards in improving our recruitment efforts, so feel free to pass on any suggestions or ideas towards future efforts.

Keep in mind, this past enrollment period was only open for less than a month.

MembersZone Subscriber Paratrooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teamramrod3 View Post

Re: Firefighter/Rescuer Recruit I - Montgomery County, MD
    Please share with your potential candidates.

At this time no test results have come back from the testing company, who administers our written entrance exam.

Candidates will most likely receive an email from us, which will have their final score along with pertinent information about the next steps in our process.

Feel free to pass this email on to anyone who had taken the test.

We are interested in providing quality customer service, so please assist me in getting this message out.

Lastly, I will be providing an update on the status of recruitment efforts in a follow up email within the next two weeks. I will share the results of each interview we conducted with the candidates.

Roughly 1600 candidates attended the test. 500 of the applicants had stated they were directly recruited by our personnel. I will be sending you all the data on the remaining 1100 candidates in the next email.

We are continually evolving and working towards in improving our recruitment efforts, so feel free to pass on any suggestions or ideas towards future efforts.

Keep in mind, this past enrollment period was only open for less than a month.
    Who is this from and when was it sent?
    Last edited by Paratrooper; 08-24-2010 at 03:02 PM.

"Roughly 1600 candidates attended the test. 500 of the applicants had stated they were directly recruited by our personnel. I will be sending you all the data on the remaining 1100 candidates in the next email."

Who are these directly recruited people? This sucks big time for the rest of us

Forum Member

This sounds very strange to me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teamramrod3 View Post

I was told by more then one person directly from Montgomery County that they grade their own tests

Quote Originally Posted by 73Firefighter View Post
    I was told by more then one person directly from Montgomery County that they grade their own tests
    Hahaha AWESOME

Forum Member

The only reason I took the exam was because they said they dont send it out to the testing company for grading, cause if they did then i would be wasting my time with that bulls**t 12 month rule

What is this 12 month rule exactly? They told us at the exam that if you took the text and failed you could not apply again for 6 months. So I'm not sure where this 12 month rule is coming from or even means? I passed, but do not know my score. If I didnt score high enough I can take the test again for another 6 to 12 months? I took the test in Montgomery county, can I take the test else where within the 6/12 month period?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL View Post
    What is this 12 month rule exactly? They told us at the exam that if you took the text and failed you could not apply again for 6 months. So I'm not sure where this 12 month rule is coming from or even means? I passed, but do not know my score. If I didnt score high enough I can take the test again for another 6 to 12 months? I took the test in Montgomery county, can I take the test else where within the 6/12 month period?
    The 12 month rule doesnt apply to Montgomery, it has to do with the company they use for the testing, CWH. They have this rule that you cant take another one of their exams for another 12 months after youve tested, because they're afraid of people becoming firmiliar with the tests and "cheating". Which really screws all of us honest people who are looking to test in multiple towns or counties or states. So when I spoke with a woman on the phone from the fire rescue dept she said not to worry about all of this because they grade their own exams and they paid for the exam so they'll do what they please. Im also curious as to how there were 500 people who said they were directly recruited, when after the exam they only scanned the tests to make sure you scored a passing score of 75 or higher?

Forum Member

Im pretty sure, and feel free to correct me if im wrong but, when i got done testing before they had us do into the class rooms and sign those last fourms, myself and about 10 othere people were put up against the wall and a firefighter went down one by one and asked who they had heard that the county was hiring for the position of Firefighter. Only one person in my group said she had heard about the test from another montgomery county firefighter.
    To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Forum Member

I guess i misunderstood what the email was saying, I remember them asking my group that too. I didnt pick up on what the email was saying about where everyone had heard about the exam, i.e a firefighter, or website

I remember a guy asking us before the test started. What is the difference on how you found out?

Forum Member

I remember a guy asking us before the test started. What is the difference on how you found out?
    Before we went into the classrooms to wait for our exam to be graded, they lined us up and were asking everyone from what source they heard about the exam, which helps them with their advertising, I actually heard about it from this very thread haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 73Firefighter View Post
    Before we went into the classrooms to wait for our exam to be graded, they lined us up and were asking everyone from what source they heard about the exam, which helps them with their advertising, I actually heard about it from this very thread haha.
    Great. So if you get this job and I don't you owe me BIG.

Forum Member

Great. So if you get this job and I don't you owe me BIG.

Hahaha this is true, well hopefully we'll both be fortunate enough to end up in the academy

Forum Member

anybody receive test scores yet? i took the test for prince georges after montgomery and i already have my results for PGFD...

Not a thing... Does it usually take this long?

Quote Originally Posted by SeagraveBaby View Post
    anybody receive test scores yet? i took the test for prince georges after montgomery and i already have my results for PGFD...
    How did you do?

Thread Information