Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Montgomery County Maryland Is Now Hiring

Yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhaaawwwwwwwwww wwww

Forum Member

interesting....if you have MD state or equivalent Firefighter 1 and 2,haz mat operations, and a maryland emt-basic then you will be considered for there 8-10 week academy...but they are also accepting applications of those with no training as well

here is the link

http://careers.peopleclick.com/caree...caleCode=en-us

Good luck to all

Deadline is June 30th 2010

MembersZone Subscriber Paratrooper's Avatar

I'll be sending my app in today.

Forum Member

I just submitted my app. I put an app in the last time they opened the process, delayed it, and finally canceled it due to financial concerns. Hopefully that doesn't repeat. I thought they had a class set up and canceled it earlier this year??? Does anyone know how many they are looking for or are they just trying to establish a list?

Quote Originally Posted by mfdff View Post
    Does anyone know how many they are looking for or are they just trying to establish a list?
    Starting Salary for all candidates hired: $41,613.00

RECRUIT CLASSES LISTED IN THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO FUNDING.

I. RECRUIT CLASS “A” - THE START DATE WILL BE DETERMINED AT A LATER DATE. No prior experience or training is required for Recruit Class “A”.

II. RECRUIT CLASS “B” IS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED TO BEGIN JULY 2011. Recruit Class “B” will be limited to applicants who currently meet a specific level of training – the class is expected to be approximately 8-10 weeks in duration. To be eligible for this class, applicants must possess the following training certifications at the time of this application:
    - MFRI State of Maryland Certified Firefighter II
    - MFRI State of Maryland Certified Hazardous Material Operations Level
    - Current Certification as a Maryland Emergency Medical Technician
    (EMT-Basic or EMT Paramedic) or Maryland Cardiac Rescue Tech (CRT)

Applicants must provide a Certified Sealed Copy of their transcript from the Maryland Fire Rescue Institute (MFRI) and a photocopy of their Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) EMT / CRT card. MFRI transcripts and MIEMSS status will be verified.

Applicants that possess the above certifications will be considered for Recruit Class “A” and Recruit Class “B”.

Copies of the above certifications must be postmarked by July 15, 2010. Applicants wishing to have a receipt for their certifications must send their package “Return Receipt” via the USPS. Do not hand deliver your certifications.

Mail certifications to:

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service
    Attn: Employee Services – RQ #4019
    101 Monroe Street, 12th Floor
    Rockville, Maryland 20850

Questions about the required certifications for Recruit Class “B” should be emailed to MCFRS.RQ4019@montgomerycountym d.gov

RECRUIT CLASSES LISTED IN THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO FUNDING.

A little scary

Forum Member

for the RECRUIT CLASS “B” does it have to be through MFRI or will they accept proboard certs???
    To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Quote Originally Posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
    for the RECRUIT CLASS “B” does it have to be through MFRI or will they accept proboard certs???
    It explicitly says MFRI. I have IFSAC certs but I'm sure that won't work either.

How does this whole MFRI work out? I mean I read the faq's and its not open to the public. I'm assuming that if I was a vollie and went through the MFRI I could use those certs to surpass the 6 month academy?

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL View Post
    How does this whole MFRI work out? I mean I read the faq's and its not open to the public. I'm assuming that if I was a vollie and went through the MFRI I could use those certs to surpass the 6 month academy?
    I believe that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    I believe that's correct.
    Well if it's true that not a bad deal at all. I guess this will be a great plan B. Does anyone know how often the do a Recruit B class such as this one?

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL View Post
    Well if it's true that not a bad deal at all. I guess this will be a great plan B. Does anyone know how often the do a Recruit B class such as this one?
    Not sure if they've ever done one before. July 2011 will be the first one in at least several years.
    Last edited by Paratrooper; 06-29-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Good luck to everyone that has applied. Especially to the ones that had the academy canceled this past March 2010. Hopefully we have better luck this time around!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehen28 View Post
    Good luck to everyone that has applied. Especially to the ones that had the academy canceled this past March 2010. Hopefully we have better luck this time around!
    What happened with that by the way? Did you guys go through the whole academy then they denied the jobs? Or did the academy get canceled before it started?

Manofsteel,

Academy was canceled a few months in advance. I took the written for Mont. Co. back in Jan. 08. I was not chosen for recruit class 34 so I was bumped to hopefully get into recruit class 35. I took the medical exam this past Dec. 2009. The CPAT was scheduled for mid Feb. 2010 with a tenative academy start date of March 1st, 2010. Received a letter at the end of Dec. 2009 saying due to the ecomony and budget the class was canceled and that we would have to reapply because our list would expire.

Everything happens for a reason! I look at it as just bad luck this time around. But just because this happened with Mont. Co. does not mean I did not re-apply. I have nothing but good things to say about Mont. Co. when I was in the process.

thanks for the info. I applied for RC35 last year and got the same letter you did, however I didn't get nearly as far as you did in the process. This will be my first entrance exam, what can I expect?

Manofsteel,

I believe MoCo still does the CWH test. Not a bad test. I believe it compares your answers to the answers that the men and women from MoCo answer as well. They try to get a profile comparing you to the department. It has math, reading, situational questions, and some fire questions at the end. If you have taken one in the past year you can probably use that test score.

Dont quote me with this info because it probably has changed since 2008 when I took it. I scored an 88 on the test for MoCo when I took it. Just over a year later I took the CWH test for Arlington County and scored a 64. It was the exact same test but like I said I think they compare your answers to the department that you are applying for and I could not use my MoCo score for Arlington County because it was over a year since I took at CWH test.

All I can say is do your best and basic reading and math skills should be fine.

Forum Member

Received an email with my date and time for the test today. More information to arrive via mail.

I received my E-mail today as well. I can't wait for this, soooo excited!

I got my card in the mail today.

Thread Information