1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default TV Women vs. Van Der Sloot = Men bashing

    Am sitting here watching CBS Early show and constantly shocked at how women have taken over TV content.

    Today the main emphasis is on how horrible the prison in Peru is that Van der Sloot is going to. They want to go into how poor the shower facilities are, how rampant the HIV is and how he probably will not be able to protect himself from being murdered. They even brought in Michael Griffiths who was the defender of that guy (Billy?) who tried to smuggle hash out of Turkey tha they made the movie about, saying how that Turkish prision is a vacation spot compared to what Van der Sloot is going to in Peru.

    Women seem to be taking particular delight in knowing how this man is going to suffer, which brings me to my point. Current TV programing is geared at devaluing men in general. It isn't enough that women want this story on the air, they want to broadcast how much he is going to suffer, litteraly for,,,,, the enjoyment of women.

    Look how men are portrayed on TV now. Animation shows seem to always show men as fat slob who is an idiot. TV commercials do the same and seem to always have women coming to save the day for some dumb and clueless man. There is almost never a commercial that shows women helpless, indecisive, stupid or even 'shown the light' about a particular product anymore. never men helping women, but plenty of women helping other women.

    Now these morning shows by the major networks relish showing men in an unfavorable light and if a girl mounts a block campaign to help girls without hair, it gets 15 minutes of praise. dont even get me started how they want to portray men. Tiger Woods, Madoff, Bryant, Jesse James it happens almost every freaking show. Look how Sandra Bullock is portrayed as a victim that has suffered terrribly. On the front of every magazine and that is a clue to the core of women. Have you ever gone through the check out of the grocery aisle and seen those magazines that women buy. Take a second look at them next time you buy milk. You will notice that on the covers of these magazines is always, a large photo of a woman. Usually a famous woman or a pretty one. Simple. Women are almost always only interested in other Women. Ever pick up a People magazine? It's all about women, by women and for women. Men on the other hand are not the least bit interested in other men. Our magazine covers are completely different. Mostly,and usually stuck on a rack by the stationary supplies. I realize it is a point of purchase position for womens magazines and that is their weakness.

    Look women demanded that they be treated as equals, but now that we fought for them they are abusing our help by turning on us and broadcasting it to the world. Attacking our character and men in general. If they are interviewed on TV about this issue, they even admit and smile aobut it. The former head of the Democratic party in New York, (who you could tell was a super attractive in her younger years) when asked about how women are becoming more prominent in recent years and seem to be SHOVING men out of the picture, smiled and said "Yes, isn't that too bad". They relish their new found power and they are abusing it. It's like they want revenge and if they get all the power they want, Look out!

    This is what is happening gentlemen and if we do not protect ourselves and teach our daughters that men are not the animals that they belive we are, they will continue to degrade men and punish us at every opportunity.

    Laura Ingram said the main reason why our nation is having such difficulties is because they gave women the right to vote. She may be right. Women, on a whole, base their decisions on feelings and not logic. Logic reveals that you do not allienate your other half. We men have fought for women to be equal, and women appear to be fighting to make women superior.

    If you do not agree with me, fine. I challenge you to watch three days of the morning shows, keep a record with me and I'll show you the agenda I have just described.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Umm. Well, if you don't like the content of Glamor, Maxim, and Redbook, then stop reading them. If you don't like the content of the morning talk shows, stop watching them. They're all for women's entertainment because thats who the biggest market is watching TV in the morning and buying magazines in the grocery store.

    If men watched morning TV and stood in line at the grocery store gossiping, I'm sure they would have TV shows about tanks and fast cars in the morning and playboy and hustler in the checkout lines at the supermarket.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    If men watched morning TV and stood in line at the grocery store gossiping, I'm sure they would have TV shows about tanks and fast cars in the morning and playboy and hustler in the checkout lines at the supermarket.
    Well there is the Military and History Channel that do talk about tanks and I'm sure if you do enough channel surfing you can probably find one on cars. As for the magazines, I doubt you will ever find them at a supermarket.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    I watched Good Morning America on ABC this morning. BP oil spill, Obama visiting the area, Holloway's father going back to Aruba, and mens World Cup Soccer.


    Maybe you just watch the wrong channel.


    PS -
    Look how Sandra Bullock is portrayed as a victim that has suffered terrribly.
    She IS the victim.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    You know, honestly I can't say I'm terribly upset over the prison conditions that Joran Van Der Sloot is going to endure. He's a sociopathic killer. He's killed two young defenseless women (that we know of...) and I wouldn't be surprised if rape came first. He skated on the first one and flaunted it at every change he got. Frankly, if he gets repeatedly gang raped in prison, I'll probably laugh a little at the irony.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dmleblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    There is almost never a commercial that shows women helpless, indecisive, stupid or even 'shown the light' about a particular product anymore.
    You might like this one, then....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFhJN4H0T0
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

    "I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    On the front of every magazine and that is a clue to the core of women. Have you ever gone through the check out of the grocery aisle and seen those magazines that women buy. Take a second look at them next time you buy milk. You will notice that on the covers of these magazines is always, a large photo of a woman. Usually a famous woman or a pretty one. Simple. Women are almost always only interested in other Women. Ever pick up a People magazine? It's all about women, by women and for women.
    Everyone knows that shopping is woman's work, why are you even in the store to notice this? The only places I go to shop are The Home Depot, Autozone, and the liquor store, and I never see these kind of magazines there.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    The only places I go to shop are The Home Depot, Autozone, and the liquor store, and I never see these kind of magazines there.
    Seriously. And don't forget Cabelas!
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,239

    Default

    Turn the channel or turn it off.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    There is a TV station here with multiple re-runs of the A-Team all evening. I pitty da foo that watches Lifetime!
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u
    Today the main emphasis is on how horrible the prison in Peru is that Van der Sloot is going to. They want to go into how poor the shower facilities are, how rampant the HIV is and how he probably will not be able to protect himself from being murdered. They even brought in Michael Griffiths who was the defender of that guy (Billy?) who tried to smuggle hash out of Turkey tha they made the movie about, saying how that Turkish prision is a vacation spot compared to what Van der Sloot is going to in Peru.
    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u
    Women seem to be taking particular delight in knowing how this man is going to suffer, which brings me to my point. Current TV programing is geared at devaluing men in general. It isn't enough that women want this story on the air, they want to broadcast how much he is going to suffer, litteraly for,,,,, the enjoyment of women.
    Reading the first paragraph, it seems like the women have a genuine concern, concerning his life and fate at the Peru prison. I find that actually appalling. Van Der Sloot deserves what he has coming. Either in prison, or from the court. Hopefully, the inmates will do what the court system won't.

    Reading your second paragraph, actually makes no sense, after reading the first. But to play nice, I'll play along with your second paragraph. Knowing what Van Der Sloot did, I would also have enjoyment of his suffering while in the hands of the inmates. The guy deserves to die more violently and slowly than his victims. The enjoyment of his death and suffering is equal from the women, as it is as REAL MEN.

    The rest is open to discussion. Lifetime and Oxygen are off limits on MY TV, when I am home.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Dickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Umm. Well, if you don't like the content of Glamor, Maxim, and Redbook, then stop reading them.
    Now that right there is funny!!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

    IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    They can "man-bash" van Der Sloot all they want, IMHO. He's a sociopath with the blood of two innocents on his hands.

    Think about who you're throwing in with before you open your trap.

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    The point is that the networks seem to want to emphasis how bad the prisons were that Van der Sloot is going to experience and the devaluing of men. This was basically to satisfy a morbib desire of women who want to know how BADLY, he is going to suffer. Not a word, repeat not a word on his sentence yet. Officially, only how he is going to suffer. That is not what the networks should have done. Report what is happening, objectively. This seems to be happening more and more on the morning news programs and that is what they are supposed to be, news programs. And Definately not a platform to degrade, attack and devalue men in general. I remember when the morning female hosts reported about a man who walked out of a wedding. They publicly said that he should have his (appendages) cut off for what he did. And laughed! Can you imaging the public outrage if the positions were reversed? Say a bride ran out of wedding and the male hosts said she should have her breasts cut off. Why there would be public outcrys the like of which this nation had never seen before. But it did happen on TV only it was a man they were talking about and every one laughed, because it was OK to do it to a man. We are dealing with an unfair double standard here people. We are talking about our fathers, brothers and sons here and they are the victims of this anti-men agenda. No show broadcast should do that, Ever.

    Turning off the channel is basically supporting by apathy of this agenda and hiding ones head in the sand. Men are under attack here and more so when our response is to ridicule what is happening.
    Last edited by jam24u; 06-16-2010 at 10:17 AM.

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    RspctFrmCalgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
    Posts
    6,329

    Default

    Now these morning shows by the major networks relish showing men in an unfavorable light and if a girl mounts a block campaign to help girls without hair, it gets 15 minutes of praise. dont even get me started how they want to portray men. Tiger Woods, Madoff, Bryant, Jesse James it happens almost every freaking show. Look how Sandra Bullock is portrayed as a victim that has suffered terrribly.
    I think you're delusional about this subject. I can't imagine trying to further my "cause" by using those particular individuals as shining examples of manhood.

    To defend this "alleged" killer, whether one is male or female, is a bit off the wall, in my opinion.
    September 11th - Never Forget

    I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

    Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

    RAY WAS HERE FIRST

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u
    Dont even get me started how they want to portray men. Tiger Woods, Madoff, Bryant, Jesse James it happens almost every freaking show. Look how Sandra Bullock is portrayed as a victim that has suffered terribly.
    Dude, you just used the worst examples of men. I also think you forgot one... O.J. Simpson. These dumbasses made their own bed, now they have to lay in it.

    You also used the wrong woman to be portrayed as a victim. Jesse James done did her wrong, on all levels.

    I'm wondering if you have a problem with women in general.?

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    The point is that the networks seem to want to emphasis how bad the prisons were that Van der Sloot is going to experience and the devaluing of men. This was basically to satisfy a morbib desire of women who want to know how BADLY, he is going to suffer. Not a word, repeat not a word on his sentence yet. Officially, only how he is going to suffer. That is not what the networks should have done. Report what is happening, objectively. This seems to be happening more and more on the morning news programs and that is what they are supposed to be, news programs. And Definately not a platform to degrade, attack and devalue men in general. I remember when the morning female hosts reported about a man who walked out of a wedding. They publicly said that he should have his (appendages) cut off for what he did. And laughed! Can you imaging the public outrage if the positions were reversed? Say a bride ran out of wedding and the male hosts said she should have her breasts cut off. Why there would be public outcrys the like of which this nation had never seen before. But it did happen on TV only it was a man they were talking about and every one laughed, because it was OK to do it to a man. We are dealing with an unfair double standard here people. We are talking about our fathers, brothers and sons here and they are the victims of this anti-men agenda. No show broadcast should do that, Ever.

    Turning off the channel is basically supporting by apathy of this agenda and hiding ones head in the sand. Men are under attack here and more so when our response is to ridicule what is happening.
    Again, change the channel. I have YET to see anything related to what you are complaining about. Zero commentary on what the prison conditions are/should be.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  19. #19
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    You also used the wrong woman to be portrayed as a victim. Jesse James done did her wrong, on all levels.
    I think thats the issue, he didn't do her....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  20. #20
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Yeah........

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    I think thats the issue, he didn't do her....

    Leave it to AJ........................
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy
    I think thats the issue, he didn't do her....
    Point well taken... LMAO.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  22. #22
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    I rarely watch the network news as it seems half the local new broadcasts are made up of network feeds.
    I have seen one BMW commercial where the woman is railing at her son over a 29K joyride in her new car because she didn't know it was a used vehicle.
    That seems to be about the only example of a woman being made fun of.
    As to magazines in the grocery store,have you read some of the titles of the stories listed on the cover?"Better sex with your man(or any other that you want","How to get a good man","How to avoid a bad man","How to turn a bad man into a good man",How to turn a good man into a bad man".
    With the exception of Maxim,you never see stuff like that on the cover of Men's Journal or Men's Health.
    There was some furor numerous years ago about an episode of "Roseanne" where Roseanne Barr told another character that his being stupid was okay because he was a man.
    It didn't seem to be an outpouring of outrage at the time,either.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Taming The Male Ego....
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 12:06 PM
  2. Scientific proof, not just men will pay to see pretty women.
    By stm4710 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 04:05 PM
  3. Bullies In A Skirt
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:52 AM
  4. Paintball, women and idiots....
    By RyanEMVFD in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:32 PM
  5. To our Men and Women over there
    By PeterBalfe in forum Firehouse Visitors: Messages for the Troops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 11:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register