Thread: dynacorp

Forum Member

Angry

I can't get these idiots at dynacorp to tell me the truth. They say that they want you to call them and then act like they don't know you when you do. You email them and they ignore them and then when you follow up with them they lie to you. I was told that the "chief" reviewed my application and turned it down because I didn't have Hazmat but yet I have Hazmat level I and it is IFSAC which is Operations. There are several of these recruiters that seem to be calling doing nothing but getting peoples hopes up. So if you have talked to Jacob, Cortney, or Pat don't bank on anything cause according to their website I should be well qualified for positions and yet they are saying I'm not even after sending them proof.

Forum Member

Do you have Telcom 1 & 2? I still cant confirm that they have any firefighter on the ground over there. Can anybody confirm this?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 03kol View Post
    Do you have Telcom 1 & 2? I still cant confirm that they have any firefighter on the ground over there. Can anybody confirm this?
    Yes they have people on the ground. I hung out with several of them two days ago. Lots of them are here and more are incoming.

Forum Member

Finally got an offer. Going to go over as a Fire Crew Chief. Leave around Aug 1 for Ft Worth

Forum Member

yo Srwilliams who contacted you? can you tell me about the process please.

Forum Member

Default Dyncorp

I revice an email from Sarika asking me to send my ssn and copy of my passport. Can anybody tell me is this is good to go or this is a scam. Can someone can give me some feedback before I do this.

Best Regards
    Sarika Raghavan
    Technical Recruiter

Shatha Tower 20th Floor
    Po Box 500367
    Dubai Mediacity ,UAE

Forum Member

I see your in Alaska. Last I heard Fayetteville was not able to give seals to out of state participants. South Carolina Fire Academy has a class in August. It was around $900 with room and board.

Fayetteville Regional Airport
    Fayetteville/Fire Emergency Management Division
    3065 Radar Road
    Fayetteville, NC 28306
    Telephone: (910) 433-1580
    Fax: (910) 433-2586
    Telephone: (910) 433-1566
    Email: warde@faytech.edu
    Telephone: (910) 624-4300
    Email: dhargis@ci.fay.nc.us
    Index: up to C
    IFSAC Certification
    Fixed Propane Site
    5, 3, 1 day course

Forum Member

That's great SrWilliam hopefully I'll get a call someday and meet you over there.
    Good Luck/Keep Safe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beach08 View Post
    DO NOT.....DO NOT......DO NOT quit your job to go overseas. If you have a job, STAY HOME. It's not worth it!

I understand some of you may have financial troubles, however, these contracts are very expendable! Don't let that dollar bill get to your head.

I finished up my contract back in Sept. and I'm still looking for full-time work. I'll say it again....

IF YOU HAVE A JOB. STAY HOME!!!!!
    Sorry just wondering. Are you referring to not giving up a firefighter job to go overseas and that you are still looking for a full-time firefighter job? Or are you still looking for a full-time job doing anything? Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeter2148 View Post
    Sorry just wondering. Are you referring to not giving up a firefighter job to go overseas and that you are still looking for a full-time firefighter job? Or are you still looking for a full-time job doing anything? Thanks.
    what you need to know is that if you have a stable job that pays decent, don't go overseas.!!!! because when you return you might not have a job for a while.. Unless you know u can get ur old job back or have something lined up, dont leave..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeter2148 View Post
    I'm looking for Fire and EMS jobs. That's all I know how to do! All I am saying is, if you have a steady job, STAY HOME!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 03kol View Post
    Was it from Shannon? I emailed him one day and it seemed like I was going to get the job the next day. Now its been 2 weeks and no word. Any truth to Dnycorp lossing contract?
    You're gay...
    "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Forum Member

Default Question about Dyncorp application

I filled out a few apps for Dyncorp about 3 weeks ago they were for firefighter, engineer, inspector, and crew chief. Well I went on my account today and it made me fill out another application that was even longer than the first application for each position. Is this a good sign...

Forum Member

Have you gotten a call from a recruiter? If you haven't then I would be trying to find out what is the delay in that. It will take some time but they will call you depending on your qualifications. You will have to be patient but they are still hiring.

Forum Member

Yea I haven't received a call yet
    I have everything and then some except arff and. 5 yrs in a career FD. Don't know how important arff is. Thanks for the help

Forum Member

Default Itt

Has anyone received any offers from itt,and does anyone know anything about greenville sc. What the process is all about. Any info would be helpful. Thanks marvin

Forum Member

Default dyn v itt

First...for all you searching for dynacorp fire jobs; you won't find it on the internet because it's dyncorp not dyn-A-corp.

DynCorp hasn't lost the contract and, if you have any experience with big money "war-zone" government contracts...aahhem WSI/KBR lackeys(myself included), you would know the smart money is that DynCorp will never loose the contract. I worked for Dyn Fire, and I have friends that work for ITT Fire and Dyn still. From my own experiences and unsolicited opinion I offer this advise.

When Dyn finally started paying people correctly my pay was never late or inaccurate. The pay and the work was an easy six figures. The firefighters, from first time volly trainee to municipal career Chief, were all great to be around and work with. The Dyn organization though, was another story. They were extremely difficult to deal with, had zero answers, and didn't have a clue what my job as a firefighter entailed. That being said, it was gravy "firefighter" work, if you didn't mind the company hastle. On the other hand, Chief Officers will need to understand that this poses a huge issue for you. You will want to drive a tent stake through your head after trying to get anything accomplished over there. The next two years for Dyn Fire is going to be a severe challenge. Be prepared for the headaches and nightmares to show no mercy. If you can remember money money money and forget your life back in the states, you should do just fine. There is power, internet, shelter, food, and water almost anywhere you go in the Dyn half of Afghanistan. If the only other thing you need is greenbacks, then have fun, don't forget the aspirin, and keep your money in the bank.

My friends have told me a lot about ITT. My opinion is ITT is way ahead of the curve. If I had to choose all over again, I would abandon the familiar Dyn and go with ITT.

Remember that the job market in the states will get worse as you're capitalizing in you're new found desert home. If you go, plan on not finding a job in the states for at least a year, unless you're super firefighter extraordinaire. And, once that job makes you an offer don't delay because there are about 3000 other contract firefighters applying for the same shift. You will never make six figures as a firefighter, ever! You will probably never make six figures as a Chief Officer, ever! Don't get to used to it. I almost did, but I got lucky and found a new Dept. to call home.

One last thing....Something that the salty KBR/WSI old-timers will understand. Afghanistan has way more bunker time then Iraq ever did. Keep your head low, your nuts(or cookie...for the ladies) covered, and be safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by under fire View Post
    First...for all you searching for dynacorp fire jobs; you won't find it on the internet because it's dyncorp not dyn-A-corp.

DynCorp hasn't lost the contract and, if you have any experience with big money "war-zone" government contracts...aahhem WSI/KBR lackeys(myself included), you would know the smart money is that DynCorp will never loose the contract. I worked for Dyn Fire, and I have friends that work for ITT Fire and Dyn still. From my own experiences and unsolicited opinion I offer this advise.

When Dyn finally started paying people correctly my pay was never late or inaccurate. The pay and the work was an easy six figures. The firefighters, from first time volly trainee to municipal career Chief, were all great to be around and work with. The Dyn organization though, was another story. They were extremely difficult to deal with, had zero answers, and didn't have a clue what my job as a firefighter entailed. That being said, it was gravy "firefighter" work, if you didn't mind the company hastle. On the other hand, Chief Officers will need to understand that this poses a huge issue for you. You will want to drive a tent stake through your head after trying to get anything accomplished over there. The next two years for Dyn Fire is going to be a severe challenge. Be prepared for the headaches and nightmares to show no mercy. If you can remember money money money and forget your life back in the states, you should do just fine. There is power, internet, shelter, food, and water almost anywhere you go in the Dyn half of Afghanistan. If the only other thing you need is greenbacks, then have fun, don't forget the aspirin, and keep your money in the bank.

My friends have told me a lot about ITT. My opinion is ITT is way ahead of the curve. If I had to choose all over again, I would abandon the familiar Dyn and go with ITT.

Remember that the job market in the states will get worse as you're capitalizing in you're new found desert home. If you go, plan on not finding a job in the states for at least a year, unless you're super firefighter extraordinaire. And, once that job makes you an offer don't delay because there are about 3000 other contract firefighters applying for the same shift. You will never make six figures as a firefighter, ever! You will probably never make six figures as a Chief Officer, ever! Don't get to used to it. I almost did, but I got lucky and found a new Dept. to call home.

One last thing....Something that the salty KBR/WSI old-timers will understand. Afghanistan has way more bunker time then Iraq ever did. Keep your head low, your nuts(or cookie...for the ladies) covered, and be safe.

Check PM.......................

MembersZone Subscriber

Default app sent

app sent who knows maybe i'll hear something.

Forum Member

Default If not Afgan maybe a short Antartica Contract

Antarctic Fire Department,
    Raytheon Polar Services
    Recruitment for:

Firefighters - Req # 3200BR
    Lieutenants - Req # 3202BR Go to: http//www.rayjobs.com/ to apply
    Captains - Req # 3109BR

- Personnel needed now for the upcoming season.
    -- Departure from USA on or about 8 October 2010
    -- Return from McMurdo on or about 20 February 2011

Minimum requirements: Experience + Certifications (IFSAC, Pro Board or State Certified)

Firefighter: 3 years pervious full time firefighting experience, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience.

- Firefighter-II
    - HazMat Operations
    - Airport Firefighter
    - EMT-B
    - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Lieutenant: 4 years pervious full time firefighting experience, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience. At least one year of experience as a supervisor is required.

- Fire Officer-I
    - HazMat Operations
    - Airport Firefighter
    - EMT-B
    - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Captain: 4 years of diversified full time firefighting experience, including incident command and fire administration, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience. At least one year of experience as a supervisor is required.

- Fire Officer-II
    - HazMat IC
    - Airport Firefighter
    - EMT-B
    - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Contact: Audra Ader for specific details at 720-568- 2163, or 800-688-8606, extension 32163

Forum Member

well guys we landed in Kuwait on Aug 13th and we are still here.

Forum Member

Default DI or DIFZ INT

I am performing In-Processing now with DynCorp.
    The staff is very kind and helpful
    No long lines as with the Horde with KBR
    The process is fair, the location is 3 star hotel on a golf course, and all tasks are performed in the 1 building. Oh yea the chow is good 2 :-)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ..

How long did yall wait from the time you applied and when you were contacted??

Forum Member

guys don't rush out of texas. we have been in Kuwait for 23 days with no uplift. so enjoy the hot pool and golf course. and dont forget happy hour on wednesdays

Forum Member

Default Itt

Trying to find any information about the greenville sc processing center. I just got a hire date for 10/10. Any other firefighters headed that way, or any firefighters already in country, just trying to get some information. Thanks Marvin

Thread Information