Thread: dynacorp

Forum Member

Default Itt

Has anyone received any offers from itt,and does anyone know anything about greenville sc. What the process is all about. Any info would be helpful. Thanks marvin

Forum Member

Default dyn v itt

First...for all you searching for dynacorp fire jobs; you won't find it on the internet because it's dyncorp not dyn-A-corp.

DynCorp hasn't lost the contract and, if you have any experience with big money "war-zone" government contracts...aahhem WSI/KBR lackeys(myself included), you would know the smart money is that DynCorp will never loose the contract. I worked for Dyn Fire, and I have friends that work for ITT Fire and Dyn still. From my own experiences and unsolicited opinion I offer this advise.

When Dyn finally started paying people correctly my pay was never late or inaccurate. The pay and the work was an easy six figures. The firefighters, from first time volly trainee to municipal career Chief, were all great to be around and work with. The Dyn organization though, was another story. They were extremely difficult to deal with, had zero answers, and didn't have a clue what my job as a firefighter entailed. That being said, it was gravy "firefighter" work, if you didn't mind the company hastle. On the other hand, Chief Officers will need to understand that this poses a huge issue for you. You will want to drive a tent stake through your head after trying to get anything accomplished over there. The next two years for Dyn Fire is going to be a severe challenge. Be prepared for the headaches and nightmares to show no mercy. If you can remember money money money and forget your life back in the states, you should do just fine. There is power, internet, shelter, food, and water almost anywhere you go in the Dyn half of Afghanistan. If the only other thing you need is greenbacks, then have fun, don't forget the aspirin, and keep your money in the bank.

My friends have told me a lot about ITT. My opinion is ITT is way ahead of the curve. If I had to choose all over again, I would abandon the familiar Dyn and go with ITT.

Remember that the job market in the states will get worse as you're capitalizing in you're new found desert home. If you go, plan on not finding a job in the states for at least a year, unless you're super firefighter extraordinaire. And, once that job makes you an offer don't delay because there are about 3000 other contract firefighters applying for the same shift. You will never make six figures as a firefighter, ever! You will probably never make six figures as a Chief Officer, ever! Don't get to used to it. I almost did, but I got lucky and found a new Dept. to call home.

One last thing....Something that the salty KBR/WSI old-timers will understand. Afghanistan has way more bunker time then Iraq ever did. Keep your head low, your nuts(or cookie...for the ladies) covered, and be safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by under fire View Post
    First...for all you searching for dynacorp fire jobs; you won't find it on the internet because it's dyncorp not dyn-A-corp.

DynCorp hasn't lost the contract and, if you have any experience with big money "war-zone" government contracts...aahhem WSI/KBR lackeys(myself included), you would know the smart money is that DynCorp will never loose the contract. I worked for Dyn Fire, and I have friends that work for ITT Fire and Dyn still. From my own experiences and unsolicited opinion I offer this advise.

When Dyn finally started paying people correctly my pay was never late or inaccurate. The pay and the work was an easy six figures. The firefighters, from first time volly trainee to municipal career Chief, were all great to be around and work with. The Dyn organization though, was another story. They were extremely difficult to deal with, had zero answers, and didn't have a clue what my job as a firefighter entailed. That being said, it was gravy "firefighter" work, if you didn't mind the company hastle. On the other hand, Chief Officers will need to understand that this poses a huge issue for you. You will want to drive a tent stake through your head after trying to get anything accomplished over there. The next two years for Dyn Fire is going to be a severe challenge. Be prepared for the headaches and nightmares to show no mercy. If you can remember money money money and forget your life back in the states, you should do just fine. There is power, internet, shelter, food, and water almost anywhere you go in the Dyn half of Afghanistan. If the only other thing you need is greenbacks, then have fun, don't forget the aspirin, and keep your money in the bank.

My friends have told me a lot about ITT. My opinion is ITT is way ahead of the curve. If I had to choose all over again, I would abandon the familiar Dyn and go with ITT.

Remember that the job market in the states will get worse as you're capitalizing in you're new found desert home. If you go, plan on not finding a job in the states for at least a year, unless you're super firefighter extraordinaire. And, once that job makes you an offer don't delay because there are about 3000 other contract firefighters applying for the same shift. You will never make six figures as a firefighter, ever! You will probably never make six figures as a Chief Officer, ever! Don't get to used to it. I almost did, but I got lucky and found a new Dept. to call home.

One last thing....Something that the salty KBR/WSI old-timers will understand. Afghanistan has way more bunker time then Iraq ever did. Keep your head low, your nuts(or cookie...for the ladies) covered, and be safe.

Check PM.......................

MembersZone Subscriber

Default app sent

app sent who knows maybe i'll hear something.

Forum Member

Default If not Afgan maybe a short Antartica Contract

Antarctic Fire Department,
    Raytheon Polar Services
    Recruitment for:

Firefighters - Req # 3200BR
    Lieutenants - Req # 3202BR Go to: http//www.rayjobs.com/ to apply
    Captains - Req # 3109BR

- Personnel needed now for the upcoming season.
    -- Departure from USA on or about 8 October 2010
    -- Return from McMurdo on or about 20 February 2011

Minimum requirements: Experience + Certifications (IFSAC, Pro Board or State Certified)

Firefighter: 3 years pervious full time firefighting experience, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience.

- Firefighter-II
    - HazMat Operations
    - Airport Firefighter
    - EMT-B
    - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Lieutenant: 4 years pervious full time firefighting experience, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience. At least one year of experience as a supervisor is required.

- Fire Officer-I
    - HazMat Operations
    - Airport Firefighter
    - EMT-B
    - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Captain: 4 years of diversified full time firefighting experience, including incident command and fire administration, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience. At least one year of experience as a supervisor is required.

- Fire Officer-II
    - HazMat IC
    - Airport Firefighter
    - EMT-B
    - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Contact: Audra Ader for specific details at 720-568- 2163, or 800-688-8606, extension 32163

Forum Member

well guys we landed in Kuwait on Aug 13th and we are still here.

Forum Member

Default DI or DIFZ INT

I am performing In-Processing now with DynCorp.
    The staff is very kind and helpful
    No long lines as with the Horde with KBR
    The process is fair, the location is 3 star hotel on a golf course, and all tasks are performed in the 1 building. Oh yea the chow is good 2 :-)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ..

How long did yall wait from the time you applied and when you were contacted??

Forum Member

guys don't rush out of texas. we have been in Kuwait for 23 days with no uplift. so enjoy the hot pool and golf course. and dont forget happy hour on wednesdays

Forum Member

Default Itt

Trying to find any information about the greenville sc processing center. I just got a hire date for 10/10. Any other firefighters headed that way, or any firefighters already in country, just trying to get some information. Thanks Marvin

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Itt

You will be in Greenville a week or two at the most for classes , CAC card, LOA and etc...
    You will travel to Bagram Afghanistan stay in large tents no a/c but, you may only be in Bagram for a few days depending on where your going.

Forum Member

Any recruiter contact info for ITT besides the website? Dyn-Corp just isn't doing it for me. Would like to switch to ITT

Forum Member

aight guys I was hired on August 8th and sent to Texas, which was a good time. Great food nice rooms and fun at night. Next I was told I would be flown to Kuwait and immedietally getting on a flight to KAF. That didn't happen!!! I along with several others was met by a FCN that spoke very little english and moved us to a hotel. So we figured we would be flying out soon. I have now been in Kuwait since August 13 making my hourly rate for 40 hours a week. There is NO uplift in Kuwait!!!. Our rooms are nice here but that is all. The firefighter are sitting here and not moving. Now we are given $35 USD a day to eat as part of our contract saying meals are provided to us no charge. Lunch cost 11KD which is $3.56 per KD. You do the math on that one. So thats put you in the negative for dinner. Ol and the best part is there are 4 places to eat here at the hotel and dont even try to eat untill all the non Americans have eaten. If you are American you have to wait until they are done eating. So basically the hotesl fills at 6pm and you are allowed to eat around 8:30 pm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by under fire View Post
    The Dyn organization though, was another story. They were extremely difficult to deal with, had zero answers, and didn't have a clue what my job as a firefighter entailed. That being said, it was gravy "firefighter" work, if you didn't mind the company hastle.
    aaand...I quote, myself.

It's really hit or miss if you make it out of Kuwait on any kind of scheduled time frame. I was only there for 1 night. But, other firefighters that were there before me and at the same time as me didn't show up at KAF for another 2-4 weeks. Yes, Houston is fun but then Houston isn't Afghanistan. And the demeanor of the Dyn employees isn't the same either.

Forum Member

InUrDue, the contact for itt is thomas weber@itt.com good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Haven't heard

I applied with DynaCorp/Sallyport/&ITT. I havent heard anything and it's been almost 2 months. I've got 4years experience, all IFSAC seals and national registry emt-basic. What's the trick??? Do I need to grease up in my bunker pants and take a picture of myself in front of a fire engine??

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool @ Blaker19

Quote Originally Posted by blaker19 View Post
    I applied with DynaCorp/Sallyport/&ITT. I havent heard anything and it's been almost 2 months. I've got 4years experience, all IFSAC seals and national registry emt-basic. What's the trick??? Do I need to grease up in my bunker pants and take a picture of myself in front of a fire engine??
    I applied somewhere around the middle of the year, this year. I got an email from them at the beginning of August. It takes a little bit of time. They get a lot of resumes that they filter through. Patience is a big thing in there processes. I would not worry about it for a bit. If you have the right certs you should be good.

Disclaimer: Dyncorp has a lot of structure guys right now. Last I heard they were full of structure guys, and they needed more ARFF guys. ITT won't touch you unless you have the ARFF. So that could possibly be a reason? Good luck Brother. Hope this helps a little.

PS. The picture might be the icing on the cake that you need!!!!
    "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaker19 View Post
    Apply for WSI they are still taking about 30 every month. They still have the Iraq contract until December.

Thread Information