Thread: dynacorp

Forum Member

Default dynacorp

got a call from dyna corp today about July 4th or the 11th. Anybody else had one???

Forum Member

Nope....wish they would decide to call me. Need to make some headway here.

Forum Member

Was it from Shannon? I emailed him one day and it seemed like I was going to get the job the next day. Now its been 2 weeks and no word. Any truth to Dnycorp lossing contract?

Forum Member

not sure who i talked to but it felt like i had a job right then. i was even worried to talk them afraid it was a scam it sounded so good. I told the guy I had to have at least a two week notice at my current job. not very sure about the contract running out.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Don't do it!

DO NOT.....DO NOT......DO NOT quit your job to go overseas. If you have a job, STAY HOME. It's not worth it!

I understand some of you may have financial troubles, however, these contracts are very expendable! Don't let that dollar bill get to your head.

I finished up my contract back in Sept. and I'm still looking for full-time work. I'll say it again....

IF YOU HAVE A JOB. STAY HOME!!!!!

Forum Member

Beach you hit that right on the head...and it's not that their contract is up but that they may be loosing the contract....Big difference !!!

Forum Member

Has anybody hered from anybody thats been over there? Whats it like. Is it like WSI. I never see anybody talking about ever day life in Afgan. All i here is Dnycorp is a bad company to work for. Thats if your not in the fire business. They treat there employes like Sh** But on another note life was not bad in Iraq as long as you made yourself look busy, and stayed out of trouble. I felt that we (the fire service) was second to the miltary. Everyone else (carpenters, HVAC, houseing, ) was treated like crap.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 03kol View Post
    Has anybody hered from anybody thats been over there? Whats it like. Is it like WSI. I never see anybody talking about ever day life in Afgan. All i here is Dnycorp is a bad company to work for. Thats if your not in the fire business. They treat there employes like Sh** But on another note life was not bad in Iraq as long as you made yourself look busy, and stayed out of trouble. I felt that we (the fire service) was second to the miltary. Everyone else (carpenters, HVAC, houseing, ) was treated like crap.
    That's pretty much it.(in Iraq) However I heard that Dyncorp was a good company. WSI, if your'e not an Officer, your opinion does not count. For the most part, the Army guys appreciate the Fire Dept. I don't know what it's like in Afghanistan. It's a more hostile environment than Iraq (according to the news)

But remember....

Read my last post above.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beach08 View Post
    DO NOT.....DO NOT......DO NOT quit your job to go overseas. If you have a job, STAY HOME. It's not worth it!

I understand some of you may have financial troubles, however, these contracts are very expendable! Don't let that dollar bill get to your head.

I finished up my contract back in Sept. and I'm still looking for full-time work. I'll say it again....

IF YOU HAVE A JOB. STAY HOME!!!!!

Sounds about accurate right there, in the same damn boat.

Forum Member

Default Sounds like Dyncorp is back in

Sounds like Dyncorp is back in. Not sure but got an email from a new recruiter named Pat. I dont know what happen to Shannon, but Pat wanted to know if I was still in if offered a position. Has anybody else heard from Dyncorp? This waiting game sucks. Still waiting to hear what life is like over there. I here its like Iraq but would love to hear from somebody over there.

Forum Member

I have talked to jacob and cortney and originally emailed my stuff to shannon but have heard nothing. You are right the waiting game sucks and the recruiters keep telling you they are going to do things that they don't. Do you have all the certs including ARFF. That is the one I don't have but have lots of others.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by srwilliam View Post
    I have talked to jacob and cortney and originally emailed my stuff to shannon but have heard nothing. You are right the waiting game sucks and the recruiters keep telling you they are going to do things that they don't. Do you have all the certs including ARFF. That is the one I don't have but have lots of others.
    The good news is that they are opening up stations that do not requir ARFF. I found that on there website. I also do not have ARFF. Im looking to do something this time. I was in Iraq 07, 08 and was on a very slow base, I think I caught up on my sleep for the next 10 years. I woundnt mine doing dispath only becaues I would have a PC infront of me at all times. and a phone. The money is great, but im a kind of guy that has to stay busy or I will go nuts. Good luck on your quest. I will post if i hear something.

Forum Member

Any idea what they're offering pay wise?

Forum Member

had a call from dynacorp yesterday about crew chief position in afganisthan, they offered 99.000, not much..

Forum Member

Default Great Place to get ARFF CHEAP!

I just got my Airport firefighter through Fayetteville Emergency Management in Fayetteville, NC. It was only $550. Awesome class. I got hired by WSI about a week after receiving it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 03kol View Post
    The good news is that they are opening up stations that do not requir ARFF. I found that on there website. I also do not have ARFF. Im looking to do something this time. I was in Iraq 07, 08 and was on a very slow base, I think I caught up on my sleep for the next 10 years. I woundnt mine doing dispath only becaues I would have a PC infront of me at all times. and a phone. The money is great, but im a kind of guy that has to stay busy or I will go nuts. Good luck on your quest. I will post if i hear something.
    Is there any phone service or internet service in Iraq where the WSI stations are? Are you able to get mail at all even?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpin View Post
    Is there any phone service or internet service in Iraq where the WSI stations are? Are you able to get mail at all even?

When I was there, it was just like living at home, Ok not really, but we had internet at station and the milatary internet cafe. The milatary internet was easyer to get to more websites. At the station we could not get on sites like myspace and fun sites. wink wink. Had a phone with outside line to call home anytime I wanted. Mail comes about every 2 weeks if your lucky. The only thing your missing is cold beer in the frige. Not all the sites where like mine, but most of them have everything you need.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firebell View Post
    had a call from dynacorp yesterday about crew chief position in afganisthan, they offered 99.000, not much..
    This is incorrect because the advertised wages and the wages quoted to me in my offer is 130,000 for FIRE FIGHTER.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpin View Post
    Where I was I had wireless in my room plus the station computers. The station phones have a Houston number so you can call out with a calling card or call them and have them call you right back so you don't use your minutes. You can also make calls on Skype and it was really cheap (3.99 or so a month). It took about a week (sometimes less) for mail to get to me from the US.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rfalana View Post
    I just got my Airport firefighter through Fayetteville Emergency Management in Fayetteville, NC. It was only $550. Awesome class. I got hired by WSI about a week after receiving it.
    Do you have a link, website, any contact info...GOOGLE is not being kind.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AKflightmedic View Post
    This is incorrect because the advertised wages and the wages quoted to me in my offer is 130,000 for FIRE FIGHTER.

here it is
    Dear Mr XXXX,
    The total compensation for this role is in the range of $99000/annum along with benefits like accommodation, transportation, food, yearly tickets ,medical and others.
    I would really appreciate it if you can send me your security code no. so that the hiring authorities in Texas can start on the verification procedures.

Best Regards
    Sarika Raghavan
    Technical Recruiter

Shatha Tower 20th Floor
    Po Box 500367
    Dubai Mediacity ,UAE

MembersZone Subscriber

Do not know what to say because that is NOT the recruiter everyone else is using for DynCorp, nor is that what they are advertising and/or offering.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AKflightmedic View Post
    Do not know what to say because that is NOT the recruiter everyone else is using for DynCorp, nor is that what they are advertising and/or offering.
    Ive just sent my certs and passport to this people:

Best Regards
    Sarika Raghavan
    Technical Recruiter

Shatha Tower 20th Floor
    Po Box 500367
    Dubai Mediacity ,UAE

Mob:0097156 566838560
    sarika.raghavan@dyn-intl.com
    www.dyncorprecruiting.com

Forum Member

I was offered $130K

Quote Originally Posted by firebell View Post
    here it is
    Dear Mr XXXX,
    The total compensation for this role is in the range of $99000/annum along with benefits like accommodation, transportation, food, yearly tickets ,medical and others.
    I would really appreciate it if you can send me your security code no. so that the hiring authorities in Texas can start on the verification procedures.

Best Regards
    Sarika Raghavan
    Technical Recruiter

Shatha Tower 20th Floor
    Po Box 500367
    Dubai Mediacity ,UAE

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MJones434 View Post
    I was offered $130K
    He is a "TCN"...we already covered the reason why his wage offer is lower.

Thread Information