Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

tell her to suck it up. she should be so proud to have a man as a fireman. it's a privelege
    She's the FF... So would you suggest he "suck it up"?
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Yes, absoulutely awesome BCLepore. Thank you for sharing that.

As the daughter of a retired New Orleans Firefighter, so much of that post rings true. I'm 47 now, and a little ways from Louisiana, but it brings up such fond memories of growing up with an extended family that integrated into our lives on and off duty and the pride I felt being able to say "My dad is a New Orleans Fireman."

I know this is for the wifes of FF's but.
    I see alot of things that i been going through as a new Firefighter. my wife would..

she stayed awake when i left to a call
    tryed to search the web for an online scanner
    "turn that damn thing off!" when the pager went off in the middle of the night
    got mad when i left my sons b-day party for a grass fire, ect. ect. ect...

My Chief is great, a big help in explaining things, and told me the other requirments for this life style.
    I explained to her that the chief said I'm not the one joining the department, we are. and if shes not ok with it I cant be part of it. which in reality nothing was gonna stop me but dont tell her that, lol. anyway, it's a family particapation and it requiers support from all members.
    after a few weeks of stress I took her down and showed her around the station, she meet the chief and the guys, put her in my bunkers to run around ( she about died, poor little thing.LOL) and things seemed to change.
    now when the pager goes off she's shaking me " get up! ya gotta go!!) and goes right back to sleep, pushes me out the door to classes or refresher courses when i say im tired, and quietly listens when i get back and need to vent about a disterbing call... shes awsome...
    she wanted to join untill the bunker part, mind you shes tiny. but loves the fact im doing someting I love, and knows I'm with well qaulified people that teach and look after me.

Quote Originally Posted by monkybrainz View Post
    I know this is for the wifes of FF's but.
    I see alot of things that i been going through as a new Firefighter. my wife would..

she stayed awake when i left to a call
    tryed to search the web for an online scanner
    "turn that damn thing off!" when the pager went off in the middle of the night
    got mad when i left my sons b-day party for a grass fire, ect. ect. ect...

My Chief is great, a big help in explaining things, and told me the other requirments for this life style.
    I explained to her that the chief said I'm not the one joining the department, we are. and if shes not ok with it I cant be part of it. which in reality nothing was gonna stop me but dont tell her that, lol. anyway, it's a family particapation and it requiers support from all members.
    after a few weeks of stress I took her down and showed her around the station, she meet the chief and the guys, put her in my bunkers to run around ( she about died, poor little thing.LOL) and things seemed to change.
    now when the pager goes off she's shaking me " get up! ya gotta go!!) and goes right back to sleep, pushes me out the door to classes or refresher courses when i say im tired, and quietly listens when i get back and need to vent about a disterbing call... shes awsome...
    she wanted to join untill the bunker part, mind you shes tiny. but loves the fact im doing someting I love, and knows I'm with well qaulified people that teach and look after me.
    Sounds like she is a wonderful, supportive firefighter's wife!

Forum Member

Hey mikeyboy i read your post...i am impressed ...keep one thing on your mind...ALL things happen according to GOD...

Forum Member

If you love her then you don't have to look back.
    I believe in living the present.

Forum Member

Life as a partner of a firefighter is happy and sad. Happy since it is a noble and heroic job. Everyday, a fire fighter's life is half way down there. They never know what would happen if a fire occurs. Will they helped or be helped by fellow fighters. That's where the sad part enters.
    Draw Something Cheat
    http://drawsomethingcheat.eu

Hopefully you (or your spouse if you are the firefighter and the spouse is worried) know that they are doing something heroic for society.

In the worst case scenario and your spouse dies in the line of duty, I hope it's a comfort to know they died being the best person they could be instead of overdosing on drugs or something like that.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Forum Member

hi,
    welcome to this forum site,here u can find lots of things,i suggest u for your questions u have to ask your friends.....
    right now i am not able to give u answer...............
    ATI RADEON HD 5670 Ė SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD

Thread Information