Job Title: HAZMAT Response Specialist
Department: Department Of Defense
Agency: Pentagon Force Protection Agency
Sub Agency: Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Explosive Directorate
Job Announcement Number: PFP-10-0653-DE
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 - $81,204.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 to Wednesday, July 07, 2010
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-09/11
POSITION INFORMATION: This is a full-time position.
This is a permanent appointment.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: 10 vacancies - Arlington, VA
The Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) is the premier security and law enforcement provider within the Department of Defense whose mission is to provide force protection against the full spectrum of potential threats through robust prevention, preparedness, detection, and response measures. PFPA protects and safeguards the occupants, visitors, and infrastructure of the Pentagon and other assigned Department of Defense facilities. PFPA uses an integrated approach to perform its critical mission, bringing together functions such as chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear detection and response, law enforcement, physical security, anti-terrorism/force protection, and surveillance detection. PFPA operates in an environment that requires close coordination between multiple local, state and Federal agencies, as well as many DoD customers located in the National Capital Region. For additional information regarding PFPA, to include benefits and application information, please visit us on our website at http://www.pfpa.mil/
Possess the ability to wear and perform all operational tasks while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) up to and including OSHA Level A.
Possess normal color vision.
Possess adequate physical fitness to perform assigned duties.
Possess a valid civilian driverís license.
Obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Travel approximately 10% of the time.
More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
Filling of this position is subject to the provision of the DoD Priority Placement Program.
* Selection for this position is contingent upon proof of U.S. citizenship.
* Permanent change of station funds will not be authorized.
* THIS POSITION REQUIRES A SECRET CLEARANCE
* Must comply with drug testing requirements
Additional Duty Location Info:
10 vacancies - Arlington, VA
As a HAZMAT Response Specialist, you will:
* Assess suspected biological, chemical, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) events within the Pentagon Reservation, Navy Annex and other leased DoD facilities.
* Conduct sample collection, testing with Hand Held Assay (HHA), sample transfer and analysis of environmental samples for biological agents.
* Collect routine and incident CBRN samples in a variety of situations.
* Collect filter pads from Dry Filter Units (DFUs) and place new filters back in unit.
* Directs or conducts surveys involving problems identified by operating officials, recommend solutions, defend actions taken, and coordinate with other departments or internal personnel to explain reasons for proposed action or actual action taken.
* Plan, direct and conduct training sessions to assure a well-balanced and effective work force.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Pentagon HAZMAT Technician
06-25-2010, 07:37 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
Pentagon HAZMAT Technician
07-04-2010, 04:35 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2010
JOA closes 7 July... Feel free to ask questions here.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By galebagram2u in forum Americans OverseasReplies: 544Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily ReportReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2003, 03:24 PM
By MalahatTwo7 in forum CanadaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-27-2003, 12:28 PM
By pcjr101 in forum Hazardous Materials General ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2002, 12:33 PM
By pcjr101 in forum Hazardous Materials General ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2002, 11:48 PM