Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: progress report

MembersZone Subscriber

Default progress report

I got a email to do my 6 month progress report this morning. I am going to do it this afternoon when I get in the office but my question is can I close the whole grant out. I have already taken delivery of all my equipment and we spent the funds about a month ago.

Forum Member

I got my this morning as well.

As I understand it, you can do your semi-annual the same as your final closeout, but you will still have to resubmit again for your final closeout.

(at least that is what I think is the procedure)

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks now also we applied for the 2010 afg. If they speed the process up and we are lucky enough to get awarded again will we be able to get another grant with the 2009 still open. They wouldn't hold us responsible if they were the ones that sped the process up would they?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartonff201 View Post
    Thanks now also we applied for the 2010 afg. If they speed the process up and we are lucky enough to get awarded again will we be able to get another grant with the 2009 still open. They wouldn't hold us responsible if they were the ones that sped the process up would they?

There will be no conflict between 2009 being still open and a 2010 being awarded.

I double checked the award package as it referred to the 2009 performance reports and am c.c.p it below.

"The grantee must complete an on-line, semiannual financial status report to meet FEMA requirements. Semiannual financial reports are due within 30 days of the end of every six month period for the life of the grant. At the end of the performance period, or upon completion of the grantee's final program narrative, the grantee must complete an on-line final financial status report that is required to close out the grant. If a grantee's performance period is extended beyond the initial 12-month period, a periodic performance report is due every six month increment until closeout. "

MembersZone Subscriber

The Close Out Report will not become available until 1 month prior to the end of the POP. Your semi-annual report will show that you have completed the project, which is fine. One of the things they want to see is how the equipment/vehicle has worked out during the POP. Closing out early will not show this; so the AFG will not open the Close Out module early even if you request it (I've tried). As long as the reports are filed on time there will be no issue on being awarded a grant for 2010 with 2009 still open.

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    The Close Out Report will not become available until 1 month prior to the end of the POP. Your semi-annual report will show that you have completed the project, which is fine. One of the things they want to see is how the equipment/vehicle has worked out during the POP. Closing out early will not show this; so the AFG will not open the Close Out module early even if you request it (I've tried). As long as the reports are filed on time there will be no issue on being awarded a grant for 2010 with 2009 still open.
    Onebugle makes an excellent point here. It is important, to the future of the program, that you track the benefits the equipment you have obtained are providing for your members and your community. When the final closeout module is opened for you, you should make it a point to delineate what "gains" you have realized as a result of the award. That is the "proof" that the head of AFG needs to take before Congress when trying to justify continuance and need for additional funding or maintaining current levels of funding.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information