1. #1
    Forum Member
    Blulakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    378

    Default Independance Day

    While it occurs every year on July 4th, it's called Independance Day!

    It annoys me that folks call it 'the fourth'. It takes away some of the meaning of the holiday. Just like calling Thanksgiving 'Turkey Day'.

    So, while y'all are enjoying your Independance Day make sure to explain to your children why it is that we celebrate so that we don't forget our past.

    My wife is Deputy Fire Marshall for our area. She says that on Independance Day she is a version of The Grinch at Christmas. She gets to go around and ruin people's holiday when they don't have their fireworks permits in order.

    To all in the fire service, have a safe and enjoyable Independance Day weekend

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blulakr View Post
    While it occurs every year on July 4th, it's called Independance Day!

    It annoys me that folks call it 'the fourth'. It takes away some of the meaning of the holiday. Just like calling Thanksgiving 'Turkey Day'.

    So, while y'all are enjoying your Independance Day make sure to explain to your children why it is that we celebrate so that we don't forget our past.

    My wife is Deputy Fire Marshall for our area. She says that on Independance Day she is a version of The Grinch at Christmas. She gets to go around and ruin people's holiday when they don't have their fireworks permits in order.

    To all in the fire service, have a safe and enjoyable Independance Day weekend

    Be it me not to argue with you but, the US Government calls it the Fourth of July!

    Was you wife a United States Marshall?

    A Fire Marshal is spelled with only one "L".



    See the link.

    http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Independence_Day.shtml
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Blulakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Be it me not to argue with you but, the US Government calls it the Fourth of July!




    They also call it "undocumented citizens" instead of illegal aliens..

    "Revenue Enhancement" instead of tax increases..

    "Reinvestment and Recovery" instead of massive government spending..

    Sorry, got off on a rant.

    Now might be a good time to practice taking B\P on myself

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    That's why my doctor made me stop listening to "Air America".
    I HAVE to celebrate Independence Day because that's the day I was born at 1643 hours in 1965.I grew up thinking the fireworks were all for me but one thing that irks me somewhat is that since starting my adult working life,I can count the days off on the Fourth on both hands.
    If you are off work or working like dog that day,take a moment to remember those who gave their lives for this country to be free from British rule without representation in Parliament and brought forth on this continent a new nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blulakr View Post
    They also call it "undocumented citizens" instead of illegal aliens..

    "Revenue Enhancement" instead of tax increases..

    "Reinvestment and Recovery" instead of massive government spending..

    Sorry, got off on a rant.

    Now might be a good time to practice taking B\P on myself

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    gamewell35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    That's why my doctor made me stop listening to "Air America".
    Didn't Air America went go off the air last year?

    BTW, Happy Birthday!
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Did you respond to WTC???
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
  2. Take Our Daughters to Work Day
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum News Center
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
  3. National F/F Day
    By GaCapt in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:21 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 01-01-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 10:29 PM
  5. Why not firefighters?
    By FireBabe in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-03-2001, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register