Forum Member

yea, they changed mine to 23rd.

Forum Member

Has anyone gone to a practice yet and if so how was it? I am going down this sat to the practice and take the PAT at the end hopefully. I have been training myself for the FDNY so I feel I should be in good shape for this.

Forum Member

Apparently we aren't told our times on the test until letters go out in December.

Forum Member

Yea no times after your test, and somtime in the begining of Dec. you will receive your rank. Only the top 600 will be called for an interveiw.

Forum Member

top 600? how many people are going into this academy class, about 100? im going to smash this ****ing test good luck boys

Forum Member

only a class of 30, so if your going to do this you better be in really good shape, and scrore as high as possible. Dont go into the test thinking it is easy, it is a very difficult and exhuasting test, if you want to make good time make sure you are in shape with a alot of cardio.
    Last edited by stang93; 10-27-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stang93 View Post
    only a class of 30, so if your going to do this you better be in really good shape, and scrore as high as possible. Dont go into the test thinking it is easy, it is a very difficult and exhuasting test, if you want to make good time make sure you are in shape with a alot of cardio.
    2 classes of 30.. one scheduled for January and another in the begining of the summer. Director Blackwell said they have 62-65 vacancies in the department.

Forum Member

Keep in mind there are no shows, people who just cant do the test, and you will get the same interview if you are #1 fastest or #600...

Does anyone know about their interview process? How many on the panel / who are they type stuff?

Forum Member

Director Blackwell did state that your times will be part of your interveiw, and everything else they will be looking for. So a better time would weigh better with the interveiw.
    Last edited by stang93; 10-28-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Forum Member

not much being said lately...im heading down friday for my test, pretty exciting i guess...u boys ready?

Forum Member

Good luck Sarnecky, I'll be testing Monday

Forum Member

Good luck to you guys, I already tested when I took one of the practices. Make sure your legs are warmed up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AsstStewie View Post
    Good luck Sarnecky, I'll be testing Monday
    thanks

stang, how did u do?

Forum Member

I think I did well, but they do not give you any info, not even your time. I dont think we will find out how well we did until at earliest, first half of December. That is what we where told anyway.

Forum Member

I just watched some video on the new County executive elect and it looks like he wants to make cuts. He didn't say where he's planning cuts but he said through attrition so that sounds like not hiring to replace retirees in the future. I don't think this will effect this hiring because he doesn't take office till december 9th, but it makes you think.

Forum Member

i took the test on 8/28. PASS.
    Did not attend PAT practice. I was informned in my letter that i would be scheduled for the actual PAT. No response or PAT date yet. Should I be worried?

Forum Member

I had my test today, I don't think i did bad. I don't like not knowing the time. But i was refreshed and ready to go this morning, wow was it cold too. I can't wait to find out what my rank is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AsstStewie View Post
    I had my test today, I don't think i did bad. I don't like not knowing the time. But i was refreshed and ready to go this morning, wow was it cold too. I can't wait to find out what my rank is.
    I'm not too excited about not knowing either, im going to be anxious until december now. Took my test yesterday as well.. Not as difficult as a CPAT only becuase there isnt the cardio of the stairmaster, but still a challanging test

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by xsheenx View Post
    Did not attend PAT practice. I was informned in my letter that i would be scheduled for the actual PAT. No response or PAT date yet. Should I be worried?
    Probably thought of this, but any chance it could have gone to your "spam" folder in your e-mail?

Forum Member

You should have already received a date if you passed the written. Everyone I know received there invite to the PAT last month. If I was you I would call and find out before it is to late.

Forum Member

Long story short: found out Wednesday my PAT was Friday at 8. Booked a flight, arrived at midnight in Baltimore, slept in the rent-a-car, and I'm feeling very confident about my performance today!

Forum Member

Long story short: found out Wednesday my PAT was Friday at 8. Booked a flight, arrived at midnight in Baltimore, slept in the rent-a-car, and I'm feeling very confident about my performance today!
    Thats dedication!

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice! Glad you made it.

Forum Member

That's something about us as firefighters, theres no such thing as "Can't be done". I know i will try everything in my power to get something done; whether it be at the scene or just around the station, but there's no such thing as quiting. Good Job XsheenX , I could use a guy like you at my house.

Forum Member

took my test friday afternoon...didnt think it was that bad i flew through it i have a feeling the times will be pretty competitive its going to suck waiting to find out what happens...will we be ranked like #1-600 or is it like the written and just u pass and get scheduled an interview...anyone know whats next?

Thread Information