Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Baltimore County Fire Department

Job Title: Probationary Firefighter
    Closing Date/Time: Fri. 08/13/10 4:30 PM Eastern Time
    Salary: $16.40 - $22.35 Hourly
    $34,102.00 - $46,484.00 Annually

Written Examination
    Applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be invited to take the written exam scheduled during the month of September.

Forum Member

QUESTION; this for a list or to hire?

Forum Member

http://governmentjobs.com/view_job.cfm?JobID=237178.

A list of eligible applicants will be established based on the examination as outlined.

Forum Member

the govt jobs website says you need a md license to apply, but the baltimore county website says you do not. which is it?

Forum Member

well on the govt. jobs website next to application status it says "schedule" under that its says 9/11/10 at 3pm...this is all fine and good, my question is where am I suppossed to be? Just wondering if anyone else has something similiar.

Forum Member

"Have a valid driver’s license equivalent to a non-provisional, non-commercial, Class C Maryland driver's license is required at the time of application"........

I believe this states that you are required to just have a valid license that is equivalent, in other words no you are not required to have a MD license

Forum Member

did anybody receive notification of the written exam? i understand that a few have via e-mail but i have yet too...

Forum Member

i got a letter in the mail last week saying to be there Aug. 28 to take the exam

Forum Member

Taking mine Sept. 11. Anyone know how many they plan on hiring off this list? Does the hiring go by how high you score on the written? All I could find on the site is the steps written,physical test,etc..

Forum Member

mines 9/25 at 10am, but i did not receive any info on where the test site is, or what i will need to bring with me. anyone know?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by esilliman View Post
    mines 9/25 at 10am, but i did not receive any info on where the test site is, or what i will need to bring with me. anyone know?
    Mine's at 1pm same day.

E-mail reads, "LOCATION - PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING 700 E. JOPPA ROAD TOWSON MD 21286"

Forum Member

just got a verification email. same place.

Forum Member

going down saturday...i guess theres really nothing to study...i spoke with a recruiter and he said we will get results in 4-6 weeks...anyone know anything about the call backs for the physical test? he also said earliest academy date is set for january

Forum Member

Default Written test

I took the written on August 28th and it wasn't too bad. They said they'd be sending an email out to the people that chose to get email's and letters to the people that chose paper. There will be practice sessions for the physical portion and they recommended coming to the practice. They offered a power point presentation about the company and what the life is like in their department after the written test. Everyone will have to wait till they get all the tests scored before they send out letters for the physical ability.

Forum Member

I took the written 9/11 seemed like there are alot of names on the list to take this test, they said possibly an academy of 30 in January and something like 60 vacancies at this time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, since all the written tests are done, how does everyone think they did? It was a little on the short side, so my mind felt sharp the whole time.

Looking forward to hearing about scores and physicals.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    Well, since all the written tests are done, how does everyone think they did? It was a little on the short side, so my mind felt sharp the whole time.

Looking forward to hearing about scores and physicals.
    I thought this test was on the hard side given all the math and the test i took in Connecticut the following week was easy... I just got a score of 85 from the CT test which has me worried that I really did terrible on the Baltimore County test haha.

MembersZone Subscriber

There was that one math section about hose pressures that was pretty jacked up. I talked to the proctors after the test and they said they're aware of it. I think they'll give everyone credit for those few questions.

Forum Member

i thought the test was fairly easy. anyone know how many theyre looking to hire?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by esilliman View Post
    i thought the test was fairly easy. anyone know how many theyre looking to hire?
    Rumor is a class of 30 in January, and possibly another class of 30 later from this same test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    There was that one math section about hose pressures that was pretty jacked up. I talked to the proctors after the test and they said they're aware of it. I think they'll give everyone credit for those few questions.
    It was missing a squared symbol or something right? This was part of what I considered "hard", figuring out what they wanted.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dpg612 View Post
    It was missing a squared symbol or something right? This was part of what I considered "hard", figuring out what they wanted.
    That was it. The formula didn't have a "squared" symbol, but the examples were done as if there was one.

Forum Member

They shouldn't give everyone credit, it's basic math. When you are doing a math problem like that everything has to have the same unit values. The example should have been enough to figure it out. Just my opinion but they will probably give everyone credit anyway and just make the test even easier.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by irish2522 View Post
    They shouldn't give everyone credit, it's basic math. When you are doing a math problem like that everything has to have the same unit values. The example should have been enough to figure it out. Just my opinion but they will probably give everyone credit anyway and just make the test even easier.
    I wasn't saying they should, but I think that's what they said they would do for disputed questions like that. As long as you filled in a bubble, you get credit for it.

Forum Member

Default Balto test

I thought the test was pretty easy, i did struggle with the pressure questions but i think i figured them out. I cant wait to hear about the physical test. Good luck to everyone. How many stayed for the "OPTIONAL" power point. I think that was part of showing your interest in the company if you ask me. Why else would you have to sign your name to a paper?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

Thread Information