Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hose loads

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hose loads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok brothers and sisters, I am looking for some photos, or videos of how to properly load a minuteman load or "philly" load.
    I am working on putting together some ideas for easier loads on our trucks. Right now we load everything in a flat load and I am tired of the "bowl of spagetti" that happens with the flat load cross lay when we unload it.
    I really like the cleveland load but since most of our trucks have room for a double stack the cleveland load seems impractical.
    Any help would be appreciated

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Try the IFSTA manual.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

Forum Member

one dept has the cleveland load preconnected on te crosslays, 100ft minuteman and 100ft coiled layed side by side in the crosslay

MembersZone Subscriber

A 200 ft. stack of preconnect from a Mattydale bed is almost impossible to balance on your shoulder. We have modified this in two ways. At our main station the guys are adept at loading the bed in two sections, both upside down. With a small loop extended toward the curb side in the bottom stack it is possible for two firefighters to advance shoulder loads to the fire building, or with only one FF advancing the line he takes the top (upside down) stack on his shoulder, and then reaches back with the opposite hand to grab the small center loop and drags the first 100 feet toward the fire. When in the proper position the top shoulde load can be laid as it peels off the top of the shoulder load.
    The Firehouse program forces the size of the bmp file to be 87 K and far too small for reasonable viewing. Somebody help me to figure out how to post it properly, Please?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KuhShise; 07-13-2010 at 05:20 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber CKirk922's Avatar

Kushise, will the program accept a GIF? You might be able to convert your file in paint or some other graphics program...
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's the first page that popped up when I searched for how to load minuteman hose on google:
    http://www.firefightingincanada.com/...view/2798/213/
    Seems to have some good pictures.

We use a tri-fold hose load on most of our crosslays and they work really well. Reach in there, grab the nozzle and a couple layers of hose on your shoulder and go. It pulls the rest out.

Quote Originally Posted by KuhShise
    The Firehouse program forces the size of the bmp file to be 87 K and far too small for reasonable viewing. Somebody help me to figure out how to post it properly, Please?
    Kuh, send it to my email: actjr2011@cox.net : As soon as I get it, I'll repost it for you larger.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Setup for Kuh's hose load.

FM1
    Last edited by FIREMECH1; 07-20-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

the "Triple Layer Load" the best load for preconnected and flat load for other
    thank you

Repacking starts at 2:09 ish

Quote Originally Posted by ssooss View Post
    the "Triple Layer Load" the best load for preconnected and flat load for other
    thank you
    Sorry, I disagree. If you are pulling straight off the rig it works okay. But if you have to turn to stretch it becomes a pain in the butt unless you have another person at the rig to help pull it off.

With the flat or the minute man one firefighter can stretch the line by themselves whether pulling straight or making a turn.

But HEY! If it works for you more power to you.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 10-27-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Sorry, I disagree. If you are pulling straight off the rig it works okay. But if you have to turn to stretch it becomes a pain in the butt unless you have another person at the rig to help pull it off.

With the flat or the minute man one firefighter can stretch the line by themselves whether pulling straight or making a turn.

The BEST hose load is the one SOMEBODY ELSE is pulling,hehe T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    The BEST hose load is the one SOMEBODY ELSE is pulling,hehe T.C.
    Only if I have the nozzle!! Yes I am greedy that way!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post

I'm in total agreement. We ran triple layers for many years much to our dissatisfaction. It likely depends or your first due area, but on in-town residential streets and downtown areas they stink. Any load that takes 1/3 it's length to clear the bed will be problematic when any obstacles are placed in your path. Our current frontline preconnected load pulls clears the engine in 1/8 the total length (25' of 200)

Thread Information