Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ISO's new FSRS

Forum Member

For all of you out there, ISO now has the filed edition of the new FSRS located on their web site... follow this link http://www.isomitigation.com/fsrs/Fi...-Overview.html
    I will be following up with questions concerning this new monster..... All I can say is we in the fire service (Not me by any stretch of the imagination) have been screaming for ISO to change the way they grade and come into the 20th century.... well, here they come.... Stand by for more

I have been trying to digest the new FSRS. If I see properly, Automatic aid only now gets credit if the providing department is within 5 miles of the district boundary of the recieving system? Does this mean the stations have to be within 5 miles of the district line?

Our areas are 100 to 200 square miles, with one or two stations. This is going to be really tough.

And I kept hearing that the new FSRS would include credit of some such for CAFS systems, which I see no mention of foam at all.

Still trying to go through this stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I have been trying to digest the new FSRS. If I see properly, Automatic aid only now gets credit if the providing department is within 5 miles of the district boundary of the recieving system? Does this mean the stations have to be within 5 miles of the district line?

That is correct. the aid you are receiving must be within 5 miles of your border... and cover 1/2 of the required distance into your fire district... meaning that it must be built on your border...

Our areas are 100 to 200 square miles, with one or two stations. This is going to be really tough.

ISO is now requiring a response of 4 people from each fire station in order to receive credit.... This cannot come from other fire stations. I am researching this now to see if this is an effort to force NFPA 1710.

And I kept hearing that the new FSRS would include credit of some such for CAFS systems, which I see no mention of foam at all.

No foam requirement at all.... the latest edition of NFPA1901 does not require any type of foam, so it is now removed.

Still trying to go through this stuff.
    I too am going through the new requirements and will attempt to get up to speed as soon as I can.. I will post any tidbits that I can to my web site.... www.isoslayer.com

Stand by for more....

Thread Information