Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default AAS in Fire Science question

I am set to start the Fire Science AAS program at West GA Technical college in the fall. My question is has anyone been able to transfer to a four year school with an AAS in Fire Science? I want my AD to be in a Fire related field, but plan on getting my Bachelor's in something else. Thanks for your time.

Forum Member

You may want to get in touch with some programs prior to enrolling to ensure that your courses will transfer. I had an AAS in Fire Rescue Technology, and am working on my Bachelors through Eastern Kentucky University through their online program. You may want to look at what they have available.

Forum Member

Call West Ga Tech and talk to the director Tom Smith is very knowledgble and will be able to answer that question

MembersZone Subscriber

A few things to consider:
    - Make sure your classes from the FS program are accredited or transferrable AND what credits they transfer into. Many FS classes don't fit the bill of general education degrees.
    - See what classes your BA will require. Take any classes you can during your FS for electives and kill two birds with one stone.
    - You will probably be able to transfer without a problem. But depending on how many classes transfer and what major you choose, you may only end up with enough classes to be considered a second semester sophomore. Depending on priorities, may be better to stay at a cheaper school another semester and knock out as much as you can before you head out to the 4 year expensive school.

Forum Member

If you have an idea of the 4 year school you're going to attend, give them a call to be sure things will transfer. Where I'm from, most of the community colleges have agreements with the 4 year schools which guarantee transfer of credits. Just check into it in detail before you begin, there are shady schools out there.
    Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Thread Information