Thread: Equipment Needed
07-15-2010, 08:39 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
I'm currently restoring a 1954 GMC engine. I need hose, Ladders and nozzles. I need 500 feet of 2 1/2, 300 feet of 1 1/2, 14 foot wood roof ladder and 24 foot wood extension ladder. Any help would be appreciated. Please contact me at DMForsman@yahoo.com or (714)719-7820.
07-16-2010, 12:40 AM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
There are many sources that you can use to seek used firefighting equipment:
1. eBay usually has alot of items for sale from around the country.
2. City auctions usually contain used firefighting items.
3. If there is a junkyard/salvage yard in your area, you may check them to see if they have
old fire appratus in their lots. Those "retired" fire apparatus may still have equipment on
4. Join a fire buff/fire apparatus preservation organization. They may have members that
may have items for buy/sell/trade.
5. Go to flea markets and antique stores. Usually alot of older brass nozzles for sale there.
Note: Some of those nozzles may have been for building standpipe hoselines and the
threads may be pipe thread, not fire service national standard/national hydrant thread
for fire department hose.
6. Check with any fire apparatus/equipment representatives in your area. They mingle with
alot of FD's (their sales contacts) and may know the whereabouts of used equipment.
7. Check with area FD's.
When seeking used firefighting equipment, mention the fact upfront, that you are looking for used equipment to restore a used fire pumper for historical uses. Some sources may be relunctant to furnish you equipment for firefighting, due to liability issues. If they know upfront that it is for historical, rather than firefighting use, they may be more willing to help you.
I hope you can get that 54 GMC engine in parade shape soon!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By FIRE549 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
By NJFFSA16 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 08-25-2006, 06:27 PM
By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2006, 10:07 AM
By Adze39 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 11-02-2003, 10:06 PM
By BFD101 in forum Departments Helping DepartmentsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2002, 08:34 AM