Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pump problem

Forum Member

Default pump problem

We are having a problem with our Waterous Eclipse cafs system just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. The problem is the compressior is not kicking on we have chased the wires and can't locate a fuse or any lose wires. We have called american LaFrance but they have not been able to help in the process. We have also checked the cylinoids and changed the compressior oil but that still hasn't fixed the problem please let me know if u have had the same problem or have an idea on how to fix. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by npinspector@nicomapark.net View Post
    We are having a problem with our Waterous Eclipse cafs system just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. The problem is the compressior is not kicking on we have chased the wires and can't locate a fuse or any lose wires. We have called american LaFrance but they have not been able to help in the process. We have also checked the cylinoids and changed the compressior oil but that still hasn't fixed the problem please let me know if u have had the same problem or have an idea on how to fix. thanks
    Its in the computer system of the truck. Get the dealer to check it out.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

well we actually bypassed the relay and it engaged and is working so were attempting to find the problem in the relay that we bypassed

If there is any way we can help at Waterous please give us a call. The number for our service department is 651-450-5200.
    Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
    Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Forum Member

Waterous advised us to add jumper from 2 to 3 relay, worked a few times, we now have a jumper from 3 to 4 relay and compressor is working!
    After lunch, we will operate and spray some cafs. Do you think we are good to leave jumper installed?

Talking

If the system was working normally before, And now it's working with the control solenoid jumped then I would start with replacing the solenoid. There is an electrical fault somewhere that is probably a minor low cost part.
    Contact the folks at waterous and they will talk you through the diagnostics to locate the problem and fix it properly.
    We've had an Eclipse system for ten years and have found the folks at Waterous extremely helpful when a question arises.

Thread Information