Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Just got my email....9 out of 10

Forum Member

Just got mine....10 out of 10

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awind25 View Post
    Just got mine....10 out of 10
    Dang, I figured a 10 out of 10 wouldn't be possible. 3 months of interviews.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Default Email

So now it's all about who the fire department wants because human resources doesn't select the final candidates the fire academy does

Forum Member

10 out of 10 here as well - if 7/10 and above is outstanding, I presume there are alot of interviews to do!

Regardless, congrats to all going to interview!

Forum Member

Good to finally hear something from them, sounds like the mass mailings are out and scores are in. Good luck to you all. Now we still have to get through the 3 months of interviews and wait to hear back again. From the looks of it there is a good handful with an outstanding score, but when they are making a list for a lengthy period of time I guess you would rather have more than less. I am guessing the interview gets scored somehow and worked into your ranking as well for the overall list. I would love to know how many got a 10, but then again I would rather think positive about it all.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zebuckeye81 View Post
    10 out of 10 here as well - if 7/10 and above is outstanding, I presume there are alot of interviews to do!

Regardless, congrats to all going to interview!
    I got 9/10 here too!! Got mine scheduled for Dec 20th at 10:30 AM

Forum Member

Smile Got my Email

10 out of 10. Goodluck to all!! waiting on work schedule to schedule date/time.

Forum Member

9 of 10 again.

Last time they did not seem to have any 10 of 10. Last time anyone with a 9 was tied for #1. Anyone with an 8 was tied for #149. Which implyed 148 people had gotten a 9.

I don't see that type of ranking on my current email. I'd like to find out the numbers.

Forum Member

Default Interview

It all boils down to the interview to see if they like u or not

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilson247 View Post
    I'm not sure how many of the people posting in this thread have applied with Metro before, so let me bring any of you who might be unfamiliar with their process up to speed. Don't get in a hurry. They aren't. I'm not being a wise *****, it's just that I speak from experience. This is at least the third time I've applied. If I remember correctly, the whole process took around 6 months the last go around. I know everyone is anxious to hear something, but the best advice I could give anyone is to just forget about it. Put it in the back of your memory and they'll get around to us eventually. Good, bad, or indifferent, that's just how they operate.
    Wilson,

What scores did you get on your last 2 time you applied?
    Thanks

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by farkingfireman View Post
    9 of 10 again.

Last time they did not seem to have any 10 of 10. Last time anyone with a 9 was tied for #1. Anyone with an 8 was tied for #149. Which implyed 148 people had gotten a 9.

I don't see that type of ranking on my current email. I'd like to find out the numbers.
    If you have a 148 people tied for #1, how do they decifer who gets hired first, second and so on??? Just wondering. I guess the interview carries the final weight?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 981kirk View Post
    If you have a 148 people tied for #1, how do they decifer who gets hired first, second and so on??? Just wondering. I guess the interview carries the final weight?

I don't know myself. As a part of that group, I heard of others getting hired. I did not. The interview must carry merit, otherwise it would not be part of the process.

If third time is not a charm, then it's a bust for me.

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone!

see you at the interviews.

Forum Member

I would guess they have an actual number on the list assigned to each individual based on all factors including the 10 score ranking and interview and then when they hire 30 positions they take 1 through 30. I do not know for sure though and will be interested to see if they do give us a number on the list. I received a 10 as well and interview is scheduled, short 15 minute time frames for interviews with the panel too.

Forum Member

Default Interview

There is an expectant class starting in April from 30 to 40 people I might not get on because I scored a 7 out of ten but it doesn't matter as long as I get in a class no matter how long if I do get in that class it was a strange act of God lol

Forum Member

What I've been told by others who have tested with Nashville before is that they can choose anyone off of the "Outstanding" list that they want to. This is where the politics plays in. So, even if you scored a 10 and interview great, someone who scored a 7 but knows someone important could be picked before you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 981kirk View Post
    Wilson,

What scores did you get on your last 2 time you applied?
    Thanks
    I've scored a 9/10 and made the outstanding list the last 3 times.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SFAlumberjack View Post
    What I've been told by others who have tested with Nashville before is that they can choose anyone off of the "Outstanding" list that they want to. This is where the politics plays in. So, even if you scored a 10 and interview great, someone who scored a 7 but knows someone important could be picked before you.
    Not could be picked before you, but will be picked before you. Everyone knows that. If you don't have politics in Nashville, odds are, you're not getting hired.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilson247 View Post
    I've scored a 9/10 and made the outstanding list the last 3 times.
    That is the disheartening thing about the whole process. All you ever hear is politics.... If you have scored 9/10 and didn't get hired that's nut's. I look at it like a Superbowl... If I'm Jeff Fisher and I want to win, I'm picking the best players! Who are best prepared physically and mentally. Anything else put's the public safety in jeopardy...Am I right or just crazy??
    Last edited by 981kirk; 11-25-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Forum Member

i also scored a 9/10. so did everyone who tested score atleast a 7 jesus. anyone know how many people are going to be getting an interview?

Forum Member

I have yet to hear anyone who did not get a 7 or higher and get an interview. So their is probably a good majority of the people that made it to the written getting interviewed, or we just know a lof of the smarter ones. Not a good feeling when you do great on the phsical and written get a 10 and still its a long shot. Just do our best and wait and see, not much else to do.

Forum Member

Default Doesn't matter the score

Whether you got a 10 9 8 7 6 5 or even 1 doesn't matter everyone deserves a chance of getting a spot, it's all about your attitude and character and work ethic u might have a lazy individual who scored a 10 but might have a hard working individual who scored a 5 or less so those who had 7 and above don't deceive yourself it's in comparison to a college degree just because you have a degree doesn't guarantee a good paying job you have to wait like anyone else applying for a job

Forum Member

besides the interview what other tests do we have to go through drug test, medical screening, psych, lie detector??/

MembersZone Subscriber

9/10. Yea last time you didnt get your ranking until after the interview. So, this time i dont really know how the interview figures in, your score must just be your written and pt. Did anybody actually receive a score for their written, thats a little odd, last several processes i know you got your actually score. Yea like others have said your ranking doesnt really matter. I was told before by several NFd personnel that they will not even look at you without emt, but then each class you get the political hires with nothing and were working at burger king before they got hired, nothing wrong with that, but when you got already certified people with experience and stuff its frustrating.

Thread Information