Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreyology View Post
    Honestly I think I did terrible on the written test it will take an mighty act of God I get selected
    ya i wasnt worried. but i ended up getting the email this afternoon.

Forum Member

Default Hopefully

Hopefully we should hear something from the fire department this week or the end of the week lol hope all gets an interview because I will admit I want first dibs on the first class lol

Forum Member

Hopefully we should hear something from the fire department this week or the end of the week lol hope all gets an interview because I will admit I want first dibs on the first class lol
    i call dibs too!

Forum Member

haha i think all of our fingers are crossed.

Forum Member

Default Email

I guess we will hear something by Christmas I think that will be our present from Nashville human resources I have a iPhone I have checked my email everyday lol

Forum Member

Default Email

Has anyone gotten a email yet

Forum Member

Nope, nothing here. Still waitin! hopefully being patient pays off..

Forum Member

Default recuit test results

Waiting also for test result in nashville

Forum Member

Angry Email

So how is this going to work we get test scores and that's it or get test scores and notification of interview or being put on the list in the same email

Forum Member

So how is this going to work we get test scores and that's it or get test scores and notification of interview or being put on the list in the same email
    I'm sure as soon as one of us gets an email we'll post :-)

And as far as your question Corey, I guess we'll know when we get the email..

Forum Member

Default Test results

Anyone know how many people they are looking for per class I remember hearing a chief saying they are looking to start a class by april

Forum Member

Yeah I heard april as well.. as far as how many.. no idea... most places run classes of 20-35 recruits.... so that might be a safe number. There really isn't a whole lot of information about nashville fire out there.

Forum Member

I have heard a few rumors about this application process and when they were going to hire but I have learned to just be patient and wait till I hear it from an official email. Things have changed since we began and all we can do is the best we can when we get the chance and let them make their move. Nothing I can do one way or another but fret and stress haha. I do hope to hear something soon. It should be coming up but might be a week or two away.

Forum Member

I think the stress from just not knowing is worse than the test its self :-)

Forum Member

Default Email

Yea my weakness is being patient I think the ones who is waiting for the email like me dont want to get the email saying you are on a waiting list even though it Is better than anything but who wants to wait for 3 years. I think all want a interview and first dibs on the first class I don't think its being selfish it's just being honest

Forum Member

Default Hopefully

Prayerfully all should get something by the end of this week if not oh well back to the waiting game lol

Forum Member

Default on OCT 21st

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Thursday was the first day of fire fighting training for some new recruits who want to be members of the Nashville Fire Department.

There are 37 new fire recruits in the class started out their first day with a charge from the Mayor of Nashville to work hard and do their very best over thee next 13 weeks.

"You are joining the team of highly motivated lifesavers who will treat you like family. You will very welcomed by your associates when you graduate and move to your field assignments. But they will expect you to give your best as the newest members of the team," said Mayor Karl Dean.

The fire academy training class is expected to graduate in mid-January.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by holypower View Post
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Thursday was the first day of fire fighting training for some new recruits who want to be members of the Nashville Fire Department.

There are 37 new fire recruits in the class started out their first day with a charge from the Mayor of Nashville to work hard and do their very best over thee next 13 weeks.

"You are joining the team of highly motivated lifesavers who will treat you like family. You will very welcomed by your associates when you graduate and move to your field assignments. But they will expect you to give your best as the newest members of the team," said Mayor Karl Dean.

The fire academy training class is expected to graduate in mid-January.
    Interesting find. It's possible there is a date error. Maybe not.

In early August (the 2nd I think), a new class of @ 30-40 recruits started. I sat with them on June in the SAFER grant meeting (they were non-SAFER hires). They were at the academy in late September when I took my physical agility test. They have approximately 11 weeks of EMS and 11 weeks of Fire Suppression training, which would put there approximate date of graduation in January.

Forum Member

This was part of a group they hired as plan A and then called back and had them go through the process again plan B and once all their plans changed again due to SAFER Grant not going through and being able to hire the large amount they went back to plan A prior to this whole process... so I have been told.

They are still short on personel and from what I hear still will be looking for an April class of some number. There are a large number of retirements coming up too they will need to fill in, or should I say should fill in. It is hard to stay current with them, but I try. Things change frequently but we should still be getting results from or test and the new list ranking so be patient still and things are still rolling forward.

Forum Member

Default Class

Thanks for the update because I vaguely remember a chief at the training center saying a class has started on august but thanks for the last two updated post

Thread Information