+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Email.....where are you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer mtl View Post
    This was part of a group they hired as plan A and then called back and had them go through the process again plan B and once all their plans changed again due to SAFER Grant not going through and being able to hire the large amount they went back to plan A prior to this whole process... so I have been told.

They are still short on personel and from what I hear still will be looking for an April class of some number. There are a large number of retirements coming up too they will need to fill in, or should I say should fill in. It is hard to stay current with them, but I try. Things change frequently but we should still be getting results from or test and the new list ranking so be patient still and things are still rolling forward.
    Interesting. So I wonder if these were people that were put on the SAFER grant list when it was being put together. First I have heard of that. So there was a class started in October?

Engineer mtl: I think I tried to email you a couple of weeks back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by farkingfireman View Post
    Interesting. So I wonder if these were people that were put on the SAFER grant list when it was being put together. First I have heard of that. So there was a class started in October?

Engineer mtl: I think I tried to email you a couple of weeks back.
    Well by golly you did, I don't usually get emails here so I didn't even look.

Does anyone know how much heads up they give you before they make you a job offer?
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

All I know is if you rank high enough on the list you get an interview and they would probably tell you then. It all depends on when they want the class to start and when they call. Guess work from that since not even the people I know that work here can tell me much.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Default Email

Come on email where In the hell are. You lol

Forum Member

That's what I was just wondering

Forum Member

does anyone know how many people get an interview?? just based off of previous tests for nashville? just wanted to know if you were to get an interview how many others you were going against. thanks

Forum Member

Default Interview

We have to get the email first before the interview I'm still moving to nashville regardless if get the job or not I like it out there interview or being put on the list I will be content

Forum Member

Default April class

If a class starts in April through word of mouth then we should expect a email in january

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreyology View Post
    If a class starts in April through word of mouth then we should expect a email in january
    From what I am hearing, they are wanting to start interviews the week after Thanksgiving, so I would still guess we will hear something sooner than January. Then again, you never know.

Forum Member

I've been told the list has to be certified by the civil service commission before they can begin interviews. They meet the second Tuesday of every month, and it didn't happen at this month's meeting so maybe December. After we tested, they started promotional testing for Engineers and Captains. They also have postings listed for Asst and District Chiefs. Those lists may have taken a priority over ours.

MembersZone Subscriber

For what its worth. When i tested last time in 2007, everyone that applied got a written invite, everyone that passed written got a pt date, on pt test the only way to fail was not to complete the test or complete ladder climb in 5 mins, everyone that completed pt test whether it took 1 min or 10 mins, got an interview. After interviews you were ranked from 1-10 according to all aspects of testing. You may have ranked a 9/10, but you were 9/10 with 200 other people at which time you got an email stating you were on the list with a 8/10,5/10, etcI used to work with a different metro government dept in nashville several years ago, i have a friend that still works with a dept that works closer with the FD. She advised me that they did medical screenings on over 80 people during the summer and august for the anticipated safer grant award.They were not awarded the grant so those that made it to the medical screening were not started in the recruit class, and now the civil service list is expired, thus the new hiring process. Rumor, and I say rumor, has it they will pick those up first that were chosen previously for the safer grant in the next class, b/c they had already anticipated a job and went through medical screening, but who knows.

Forum Member

Default Interview

What is the possible chances of getting hired if you are a emt with fire 1 and fire 2 for the state of Tennessee just asking but the post before me are you saying that the ones who Just went through the application process this past October has to wait possible another year before they even get a call for a medical screening

MembersZone Subscriber

What is the possible chances of getting hired if you are a emt with fire 1 and fire 2 for the state of Tennessee just asking but the post before me are you saying that the ones who Just went through the application process this past October has to wait possible another year before they even get a call for a medical screening
    I was told before that they wont even consider you if you dont have emt, but then this last list they had several in each class that didnt have anything but a hs diploma, typically big city politics. I dont know about waiting a year for a screening, you dont do the medical screening until youve been chosen, and to clarify the above post, the first class after this current hiring process list is established, so first class next year or whenever, i heard would be those from this past summer that were suppose to start but couldnt b/c they didnt get safer grant. So, were looking at, at least the second class that they will get people from this current hiring process, just rumor like i saud.

Forum Member

Default Gander

How are u evaluated from the written test because if the interview is based off the written test well I don't stand a chance because I think I did terrible thats why I asked what are the possible chances of me getting looked being a emt with fire 1 and 2

MembersZone Subscriber

How are u evaluated from the written test because if the interview is based off the written test well I don't stand a chance because I think I did terrible thats why I asked what are the possible chances of me getting looked being a emt with fire 1 and 2
    on the last list they somehow rated you on all your scores, written,pt, interview and thats where you got your number/10 rating. i was told that experience, education, certs do not factor at all into your ranking. yea i feel you, i dont think i did well on that written test at all in october. not to give you lost hope, b/c i still have hope myself, or i wouldnt have tried again, but with the number of applicants, its hard for them to look at each persons application, qualifications, etc., thats where the know someone helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gander27 View Post
    on the last list they somehow rated you on all your scores, written,pt, interview and thats where you got your number/10 rating. i was told that experience, education, certs do not factor at all into your ranking. yea i feel you, i dont think i did well on that written test at all in october. not to give you lost hope, b/c i still have hope myself, or i wouldnt have tried again, but with the number of applicants, its hard for them to look at each persons application, qualifications, etc., thats where the know someone helps.
    I am so tired of departments not looking at certifications and experience.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Default Question

I think I asked the previous wrong does Doing well on the test solely depends on possibly getting an interview because like I said I do not do well on written test at all

Thread Information