Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

She was shuttling people to the room when I interviewed. it was a white blonde lady, older short haired white guy and an older black guy with glasses.

Forum Member

Precious was the lady leading people to the interviews but there were 2 interview rooms being used and though 1 consisted of the people Matt mentioned, the other room had 3 other NFD personnel within it. I do not know the name of the paramedic lady from that room but she is not the same lady as the one shuttling people to the rooms. Precious has been part of the whole hiring process and has been at each test and interview. Sorry I do not know the name you are looking for though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescueLupo View Post
    Precious was the lady leading people to the interviews but there were 2 interview rooms being used and though 1 consisted of the people Matt mentioned, the other room had 3 other NFD personnel within it. I do not know the name of the paramedic lady from that room but she is not the same lady as the one shuttling people to the rooms. Precious has been part of the whole hiring process and has been at each test and interview. Sorry I do not know the name you are looking for though.
    yeah that was here name...didn't know they had two rooms though. Hmmm, that's kind of a crappy way of doing it because how does the other group know what you were like? This whole process of Nashville has been kind of hap-hazard if you ask me

Forum Member

Yes there were 2 positions for each time slot on the interview list, I carpooled with a brother for the same time, he was in one room and I was in the other. I guess they had to cut down the time to interview this number somehow and this was the best option, otherwise they would have been four months of interviews. I have a hard enough time waiting now. Probably another reason they only do this once every 3 years. I still can't imagine spending 15 minutes with half the people and then remebering who was who and which person seems better.

Forum Member

that makes sense. Yeah it has been long enough and waiting until probably March for results will be a long long time

Forum Member

No kidding, it seems like forever since we started the CPAT, then a long wait after the written and now another wait on this. Probably nothing compared to some larger cities but when you are trying to get hired and it takes half a year just to find out where on a list you are it draws out and feels long. Probably not helping to read about and post on it all the time either, if it is in the back of the mind might seem quicker.

Forum Member

eh i took cleveland fire test too and we took the written back in july and the PAT in november and still no results...maybe at the end of january i heard for results for cleveland.

Forum Member

I had my interview today and talked with one of the NFD Personnel and they said 4100 people applied and 2100 are being interviewed. Also stated they were hiring for the retirees (39) that are supposed to retire. If they were to get a grant in the future that would be a bonus for hiring new firefighter's.

That seems like a whole lot of people to interview for 39 spots! They also said the candidates that went through the process last time got no preference.

Just thought I would put this out there. I have heard and seen a lot of speculation on this process but these are some fact's I gathered today.

Forum Member

Default 981kirk

Way to kill my hopes lol. 39 huh they should have said the first 39 to apply has the job lol so in this 39 I wonder what they are looking for experienced or non experienced. You are right 981 Kirk I vaguely remember chief Shannon saying they are looking for a 39 count of personnel to start in april

Forum Member

Im hoping for the experiance side.

I talked myself up and my experiance so we'll see

Forum Member

Default Ffmedicmatt

I feel you well at least human resources is not selecting
    Us, the fire department personnel will select the next class so experience might play a role

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 981kirk View Post
    I had my interview today and talked with one of the NFD Personnel and they said 4100 people applied and 2100 are being interviewed. Also stated they were hiring for the retirees (39) that are supposed to retire. If they were to get a grant in the future that would be a bonus for hiring new firefighter's.

That seems like a whole lot of people to interview for 39 spots! They also said the candidates that went through the process last time got no preference.

Just thought I would put this out there. I have heard and seen a lot of speculation on this process but these are some fact's I gathered today.
    Several people were tentatively hired based on whether or not they got a grant. Those people were fitted for turn out gear and given a start date before everything fell through. They were all told that they would have to reapply and retest. Now, this is an assumption on my part, but I'm sure they'll hire many of those people. I doubt they would tell you that.

Forum Member

Default Wilson247

There is a class that has started back in august already

Forum Member

Default class

@wilson247 but i dont know if that is the class who had tentative hires, well i know we will hear something after febuary 4th, that is the last day of when they will conduct interviews

Forum Member

[QUOTE=wilson247;1231328]Several people were tentatively hired based on whether or not they got a grant. Those people were fitted for turn out gear and given a start date before everything fell through. They were all told that they would have to reapply and retest. QUOTE]

I was one of those people.
    We start back to step 1.
    Last edited by farkingfireman; 12-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Forum Member

Default Farkingfireman

Wow sorry to hear that man it would be fitting your group to start first so I have a question who is this group that is going through the academy now

Forum Member

I think alot of it is who you talk to from NFD too. I have heard various numbers of people applying and how many people in each process. The people doing the interviews had nothing to do with the hiring process prior to the panel, they were just brought in for the panel. That much I do know. I believe there were only 1800 time slots you could pick for any interview from counting, but wether we are talking 1800 or 2100 that is still alot for 39 positions. I hope there is a good chance they will have a few classes this year anyways with the retiring and shortage. They are well over 39 short staffed anyways so it is hard to say they are hiring 39 for the 150 they are short or the 100 and some odd they are anticipating retiring. On top of that I would doubt they would tell us if they are having any priority to anything. Still have to just wait and see. They have the scores, they have the times, they have the ranks and now they will have the face to face and we get to wait and see who they pick.

Forum Member

Default Firehouselupo

Your right we can hear this or that from anyone but in all no one knows anything except for the ones who select the next class or the ones who knows when class will start

Forum Member

Default Timeframe

Any word on possible time frame we might hear something after the Interviews feb 4th that's the last possible date

Forum Member

Default pullin straws

Quote Originally Posted by coreyology View Post
    Any word on possible time frame we might hear something after the Interviews feb 4th that's the last possible date
    I'd guess the start of March (and that's being optimistic)

Forum Member

I was guessing the same thing, probably sometime in march at the earliest. I would guess after all the interviews they will need some time to go over them with each other, come up with a list and rankings and then get that all approved. If they are looking to start a class in the summer they can take a little bit of time with it. Mid march is my guess.

Forum Member

Got my interview done a few days ago.

Approximately 2100 people for a possible initial 39 spots, that's all based on hearsay, including my own previous posts input.

At the best odds they hire 210 off this list, which is 10%. Highly unlikely. A reasonable hiring of 100 off this list yields only 5% percent. I said this in previous posts, only 5-10% of people who go through the full process get hired. Those who get the call are the lucky few.

This is my third time trying, if it's your first or even second, don't get discouraged. Get ready for next time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by farkingfireman View Post
    Got my interview done a few days ago.

Approximately 2100 people for a possible initial 39 spots, that's all based on hearsay, including my own previous posts input.

At the best odds they hire 210 off this list, which is 10%. Highly unlikely. A reasonable hiring of 100 off this list yields only 5% percent. I said this in previous posts, only 5-10% of people who go through the full process get hired. Those who get the call are the lucky few.

This is my third time trying, if it's your first or even second, don't get discouraged. Get ready for next time.
    I don't know but a class of 39 seems kind of like a random number and kind of low. I don't know how NFD is going to be with the DROP program but I know up here in Ohio, Cleveland Fire is going to get hit hard in the first part of the year in the DROP program and they are going to need a rather large class(es). I'm not sure if NFD is in the same boat but a initial class of 39 it seems to me that they would need quite a few classes after to get up to what they need to cover staffing.

Again...this is all based on NFD needing to fill DROP program retirees

Any thought???

Forum Member

Default Hiring

No one knows anything we all are going by hear say, after february 4th which is the last day of interviews they will let applicants know if they are hired or have to wait in line

Forum Member

Default Encouragement

At the same time it's good to see that everyone who posted is going through the steps to get hired I hope everyone who posted gets in the first class because it takes some serious patience to get on with nashville

Thread Information