Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by coreyology View Post
    I think I asked the previous wrong does Doing well on the test solely depends on possibly getting an interview because like I said I do not do well on written test at all
    The only way you wouldnt get an interview if theyre doing it like last time is if you didnt pass the written or pt. I dont know what they consider passing on the written is for this current test, i think last list's written test a passing score was a 70 something. so you could still get a could ranking score even with a low passing written test if you did well on pt and interview.

Forum Member

Default Gander

Since u have alot of good information any chance of knowing when emails will be sent lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gander27 View Post
    on the last list they somehow rated you on all your scores, written,pt, interview and thats where you got your number/10 rating. i was told that experience, education, certs do not factor at all into your ranking. yea i feel you, i dont think i did well on that written test at all in october. not to give you lost hope, b/c i still have hope myself, or i wouldnt have tried again, but with the number of applicants, its hard for them to look at each persons application, qualifications, etc., thats where the know someone helps.
    I was told that certs and emt didn't mean anything with Metro unless it's a lateral transfer. I guess being you go through their academy regardless of experience or certs. Anyone hear anything like this.?

Forum Member

They don't mean anything in terms of being hired, but if you have your emt then you don't attend the first half of the academy. There was a news release a couple of weeks ago about new recruits starting the academy, and it gave the impression that they were starting a new class. There was a class already started and the news release was just the ones that were hired with their emt and was joining the class for the second half of fire training.

Forum Member

Default 981kirk

If u have Certifications and is an emt u don't have to go through the emt side of the academy just the fire side I got this information from a chief at the academy so there isn't a such thing as a lateral transfer have to wait in line like everyone else

Forum Member

I am assuming from lateral transfer he means the cross training from the EMS bureau to the suppression bureau in which case the EMT wouldn't matter but they are no doing the transfers this time. Technically you do not need EMT to get hired but that does not mean that they will not look at it as a way to save time and money if you do have it. It is just a matter of what they are looking for this time and how they score you for your ranking and that I don't think anyone but the rankers or higher powers will know how they are doing it this go around.

MembersZone Subscriber

Goin on 2 months and no written test results....Really,WTH. Has anybody heard anything about those. I got the email about them working on it and not to call hr, but has anubody heard other than this.

Forum Member

Default Email

Gander I feel where ur coming from I havent heard anything either besides them saying it will take several weeks to get an email I try not to think about it but it is irritating that it is going on 2 months and nothing has been done, at least send a email saying hey we haven't forgot about you lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gander27 View Post
    Goin on 2 months and no written test results....Really,WTH. Has anybody heard anything about those. I got the email about them working on it and not to call hr, but has anubody heard other than this.
    I'm not sure how many of the people posting in this thread have applied with Metro before, so let me bring any of you who might be unfamiliar with their process up to speed. Don't get in a hurry. They aren't. I'm not being a wise *****, it's just that I speak from experience. This is at least the third time I've applied. If I remember correctly, the whole process took around 6 months the last go around. I know everyone is anxious to hear something, but the best advice I could give anyone is to just forget about it. Put it in the back of your memory and they'll get around to us eventually. Good, bad, or indifferent, that's just how they operate.
    Last edited by wilson247; 11-23-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Forum Member

Default Email

Hey I got a email for a upcoming interview today everyone should get out I got a 7 out of ten they assume it's outstanding nothing to brag about just giving an update

Forum Member

Just got my email....9 out of 10

Forum Member

Just got mine....10 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Awind25 View Post
    Just got mine....10 out of 10
    Dang, I figured a 10 out of 10 wouldn't be possible. 3 months of interviews.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Default Email

So now it's all about who the fire department wants because human resources doesn't select the final candidates the fire academy does

Forum Member

10 out of 10 here as well - if 7/10 and above is outstanding, I presume there are alot of interviews to do!

Regardless, congrats to all going to interview!

Good to finally hear something from them, sounds like the mass mailings are out and scores are in. Good luck to you all. Now we still have to get through the 3 months of interviews and wait to hear back again. From the looks of it there is a good handful with an outstanding score, but when they are making a list for a lengthy period of time I guess you would rather have more than less. I am guessing the interview gets scored somehow and worked into your ranking as well for the overall list. I would love to know how many got a 10, but then again I would rather think positive about it all.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zebuckeye81 View Post
    10 out of 10 here as well - if 7/10 and above is outstanding, I presume there are alot of interviews to do!

Regardless, congrats to all going to interview!
    I got 9/10 here too!! Got mine scheduled for Dec 20th at 10:30 AM

Forum Member

Smile Got my Email

10 out of 10. Goodluck to all!! waiting on work schedule to schedule date/time.

Forum Member

9 of 10 again.

Last time they did not seem to have any 10 of 10. Last time anyone with a 9 was tied for #1. Anyone with an 8 was tied for #149. Which implyed 148 people had gotten a 9.

I don't see that type of ranking on my current email. I'd like to find out the numbers.

Forum Member

Default Interview

It all boils down to the interview to see if they like u or not

Thread Information