Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Ok thank you! I was worried I missed something!

I had read some place else they were looking to hire over 100 after they had already selected people off the old list. Dont know how much of any of that is true.

Forum Member
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I applied and two days later got an email to pick my PAT time. Sounds like by the articles that it'll be October before they start interviewing to actually fill positions?

I'm not sure if the "97 potential recruits" are the people testing now or existing people on the list?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mksugls View Post
    I applied and two days later got an email to pick my PAT time. Sounds like by the articles that it'll be October before they start interviewing to actually fill positions?

I'm not sure if the "97 potential recruits" are the people testing now or existing people on the list?
    They made conditional offers to 97 people off the old list if they do get the grant those that will be hired are from the old list not the ones testing now.
    IACOJ
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Default info

just wondering if anyone heard any more information. i applied thursday so i know its to soon for an email response and ill have to wait till monday atleast just wanted to know how long it took others to recieve an email after they applied? what the physical test entailed? and how many people will they hire? i know its alot of questions and some ?'s were asked already but i just wanted a more recent answer to whats going on. thanks alot

Forum Member

Default Applied to Nashville yesterday..PAT scheduled today

I submitted my app yesterday morning, and received an email yesterday afternoon to schedule my PAT. So there are 4 or 5 events? Where did his info come from?

I read above some mention of thinking the written test is the FireTeam test. Anyone able to verify this?

Also would be curious to hear from someone that works for Nashville Fire in regards to the EMS/Fire assignments (i.e. do you rotate, or if you end up in the EMS division is that where you stay?).

In addition, I don't know much about Nashville in general, and would be curious to know what the city and suburbs are like in terms of schools, cost of living, etc.

Forum Member

Default info

I was also wondering if anyone that works for Nashville or knows about the hiring would be able to tell us how many people they plan on hiring, and when the academy is supposed to start?? I also was interested in knowing if having my EMT license already is a plus with getting hired over someone who lacks the license? Or if having the license would just get those who have EMT already from doing it again in the academy?
    thanks, matt

Forum Member

Nashville is a great city, I grew up in the area. Lots to do and see. The cpat wasn't bad at all. I'm Florida certified & pro-board certified. Our cpat for fire I & II here in Florida was intense as are the fire programs here, so maybe that was what prepared me.

Rumor is 2 recruit classes and hiring approx 100 people. I did my cpat mid month and the Capt. that was with me said that approx 2200 people had applied at that point. now, out of that 2200, who is actually eligible i dunno hard to say.

I'm looking forward to the Fire team test, very excited to say the least!. I say bring it! The opportunity is one of a lifetime. Apply yourself and give it all you have.

MembersZone Subscriber

I did the agility yesterday, I was told that times do matter in your score.. I think I did fairly well. Anyone know any truth to it. Sounds like our final scores will be a combination of both physical and written. I asked about written test dates, I heard it will most likely be in October

Forum Member

Default From what I hear

There were just over 4000 applicants, all told. Who knows how many actually showed.

Forum Member

i have my agility test next week hoping it goes well.

Forum Member

Default I was just hired...

from the old list. I am a Paramedic and will be starting the Fire academy October 18th. I have been applying since '99 and, to help get my foot in the door have volunteered with Metro OEM since '96 and I hope it helped get me hired as I have no family on the department, but have worked hard to get noticed.

I have a few questions that I have not asked management yet. As a Paramedic, I believe my time in the academy will be 11 weeks. Does this mean I will have Thanksgiving and Christmas off? if so, it will be the first time in over a dozen years. I am looking forward to working with NFD and have been hitting the gym every day as I am a bit older than the average recruit. I stay in good shape, however, so I hope the physical aspect will not be a problem for me.

Does anyone that has been through the academy recently have any advice for and old Medic/ new FF?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PS3106 View Post
    from the old list. I am a Paramedic and will be starting the Fire academy October 18th. I have been applying since '99 and, to help get my foot in the door have volunteered with Metro OEM since '96 and I hope it helped get me hired as I have no family on the department, but have worked hard to get noticed.

I have a few questions that I have not asked management yet. As a Paramedic, I believe my time in the academy will be 11 weeks. Does this mean I will have Thanksgiving and Christmas off? if so, it will be the first time in over a dozen years. I am looking forward to working with NFD and have been hitting the gym every day as I am a bit older than the average recruit. I stay in good shape, however, so I hope the physical aspect will not be a problem for me.

Does anyone that has been through the academy recently have any advice for and old Medic/ new FF?
    How many did they hire off the old list?
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    How many did they hire off the old list?
    I am not sure. There were a dozen or so in my orientation, but I know there were others. I am thinking maybe 30 or so, but don't hold me to it.

Forum Member

I just received an email to set up my written exam. Anyone else hear anything?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFmedic84 View Post
    I just received an email to set up my written exam. Anyone else hear anything?
    Yeah got one a few hours ago

Forum Member

Received mine yesterday. Scheduled for the 5th. Only 2 test dates.

Forum Member

Got my email about taking the written exam on Friday. So do you think the 30 or so that were hired part of the group for the S.A.F.E.R grant that Nashville applied for? I checked out info about the practice test for FireTeam. It's video based, multi choice (like the email stated). I'd like to find out whether or not they are just rebuilding their recruit list right now or if they are planning to hire some of those who are trying out now.

Forum Member

I got an email yesterday and scheduled my written exam for Oct. 5th.

Forum Member

My email was Friday too. Just for your information.

Forum Member

what was the other day you can take the written test besides oct 5th??? i hope that they will hire people off this new test and are not just refilling the roster. that would be a let down

Forum Member

My other option was Oct. 6th.
    I heard they had over 4,000 applicants... I wonder how many were invited for the ability test and how many are invited to the written?

Forum Member

Does anyone know how the academy works? How long and if you stay overnight, can you come home at night if you want or what?
    I don't have any certs. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 981kirk View Post
    Does anyone know how the academy works? How long and if you stay overnight, can you come home at night if you want or what?
    I don't have any certs. Thanks
    Similar to the military. You go for 12 months and must stay at the academy. Family may visit twice. It proves you are hardcore.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    Similar to the military. You go for 12 months and must stay at the academy. Family may visit twice. It proves you are hardcore.
    I think they moved it from North Nashville to Paris Island

Thread Information