Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1273
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Default Cferd

Ever applied to Memphis you would be a hott commodity we are in need of medics out here

Quote Originally Posted by coreyology View Post
    Ever applied to Memphis you would be a hott commodity we are in need of medics out here
    Is Memphis hiring again? I remember 2, 3 yrs ago they were offering a $10,000 bonus for medic.

MembersZone Subscriber

Give up on Memphis now. I was supposed to get hired there 2x. I have had to travel there at least 10 times since I applied in the summer of 09. The last time they said I was good to go, passed background, just waiting for a academy start date. Then the class got cancelled again. They haven't had a class since spring of 10, and their economy is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by big_leauges View Post
    Give up on Memphis now. I was supposed to get hired there 2x. I have had to travel there at least 10 times since I applied in the summer of 09. The last time they said I was good to go, passed background, just waiting for a academy start date. Then the class got cancelled again. They haven't had a class since spring of 10, and their economy is getting worse.
    In this economy i wouldn't go anywhere. It surprises me how many guys are leaving depts to start fresh while massive layoffs are hitting d&&n near ever state.

Forum Member

Default Tl678

Our day is coming they are discussing doing away with pension plans here in Memphis, and health benefits

Forum Member

Default Tl678

Nope, they are still going from that old list from 07, big leagues is correct they were suppose to start a classes around spring of last year and this year but were cancelled, if I hear anything I would quickly let anyone know. The last few classes were guys new to firefighting and a few medics here and there. What's holding Memphis back from hiring is the city budget, and they are trying to save money.

Forum Member

Default Memphis

Now if the city decides to make changes to the pension plan, there will be alot of guys retiring which is good for the new guys still waiting to get on, when will that policy take effect I don't know.

Forum Member

My preference is Middle Tennessee (Nashville and anything within an hour or so). Thanks for sharing the postings on Cleveland and Knoxville. I believe Chattannooga is hiring as well. I am looking for firefighting positions as well as inspector positions as I can always do the volunteer thing. Only 60 were invited to Gallatin's process out of more than 300.

Forum Member

Default Chattanooga fire

Chattanooga is sending out emails to take their fire exam, this is for anyone who applied with them a year ago. I received mines today. Here is what it said

You are invited to participate in the 10th edition Firefighter written exam for the position of Firefighter. If you have not previously purchased your 10th edition study manual, we encourage you to do so.

In order to participate you will need to self-schedule. Follow the instruction below to self-schedule.

1. Log into Governmentjobs.com as a Career Seeker
    2. Click the "Application Status" link
    3. Click the "Schedule Exam" link
    4. Select the desired written exam time and location
    5. Click "Submit"

Bring your photo I.D., two #2 pencils and your Person ID number. Your Person ID number is located under the date on this email.

Allow up to 2 hours to take the written exam.

Parking is available at meters or the parking garage behind the Annex building in back of Warehouse row. We do not validate parking tickets.

NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER THE START OF THE EXAM.

If you do not show up for scheduled test, your application will be inactivated.

Sincerely,

Janice Suttles
    423-757-0900

If you applied online, please verify you have received this message by visiting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/js_lo...38503,36932068

Forum Member

Default Chattanooga fire

Just spoke with human resources, you can still apply, as soon as you complete your application, you will get an email to take the written exam. Go to www.governmentjobs.com to apply.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got the email, and followed it to the site but I don't see any link to "Schedule Exam" ... its just not there...

Forum Member

Default Cferd20

Did you ever call gallatin? because they were some who were selected but didn't get a email at all.

Forum Member

Default Cferd

Give the website an hour, mrs suttles said they are trying to add the link to the site.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFerd20 View Post
    I got the email, and followed it to the site but I don't see any link to "Schedule Exam" ... its just not there...
    I scheduled my exam today with Chattanooga also. I got the email about 8:30 AM. I had to call Janice to schedule mine. The link was not there. I went online and the application period said closed. Maybe you can still put in. Not sure of that.

MembersZone Subscriber

i've had mine in for almost a month, i'll give janice a call, also i'll have to give amy a call over at gallatin as well, although I don't think I can make it over there if its this weekend...

Forum Member

Default Cferd20

The testing dates are Friday at 2:00, and Saturday at 10am.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFerd20 View Post
    i've had mine in for almost a month, i'll give janice a call, also i'll have to give amy a call over at gallatin as well, although I don't think I can make it over there if its this weekend...
    I just called Amy as well. Just in case I was supposed to get an email.... Nope, not selected.

Forum Member

I have an exam date with Knoxville 4/5 and Chattanooga on 4/19.
    the smaller side with local vols it seems. That's what our local dept do unless it's a metro like Chattanooga or Nashville.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Honestly, screw Tennessee. I got shot down for gallatin as well, she actually said over qualified. Between them and Nashville, I realize you have to have no experience. Plus, like the Guy said, some people didn't show up. Add in Memphis, I'm done wasting time in Tennessee

Forum Member

Default 981kirk

Hopefully you will get on with either Nashville, Chattanooga, or Knoxville, I am trying to apply to different departments around tn, to keep from thinking about Nashville again.

Thread Information