Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1273
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

When did the hire list come out for the ems division and how many did they hire if anyone knows, thanks for the info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lt856 View Post
    When did the hire list come out for the ems division and how many did they hire if anyone knows, thanks for the info.
    They made the list for EMS sometime last summer (don't remember the exact month). They interviewed/tested the potential hires in May, so it was sometime after that. They hired eight (8) people from that list in December 2011. I spoke to a Nashville EMS employee this past week and he has learned that they will be allowing anywhere from 12-20 to transfer from EMS to Suppression sometime soon. There has not been anything concrete that has happened; it's all conjecture at this point. It is assumed that, if they allow that number to transfer, they will have to fill those EMS positions sometime after that happens. I want to reiterate that, as far as good sources have said, there has been nothing concrete that has happened at this point and all things that are being said come from things that people have simply "heard from someone they know." That's always the way it goes with Nashville Fire.

Forum Member

I spoke with a friend today who stated that Nashville applied for another SAFER grant, and they are waiting to see if they get it again. They are optimistic they'll get it since not as many departments applied this go around. Hoping to get funding for about another 50.

Forum Member

Another 50 for EMS or Suppression?

Forum Member

The grant money will be for suppression hires, but the city wants to use some of it to fund the crossovers..... assuming they even get the grant. Don't know when they start announcing who gets it. The deadline for applications of the grant money was the end of last month.

Forum Member

Good information@jasper

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by detroitmedic View Post
    I would take anything coreyology says with a grain of salt, i'm just sayin'...
    Want some great reading about Coreyology aka Wolverine2000 aka AJ770
    aka Marshall_Law and God knows who else, go back and read starting around page 40.
    Post #847 on page 43 begins a snowball effect of shame.
    My post #939 on page 48 about wraps it up.
    Last edited by farkingfireman; 03-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Forum Member

Default Wow

@farkingfireman, I want to know straight up, what did I personally do to you, or anyone else in this forum. Besides that little brief incident, On other pages, yea I went through a little rough period during that time, and I did lose it for a moment, everyone in life goes through a point they hit a point they somewhat lose it and gets their mind back. But now I'm back on my feet, and God has blessed me to find work with a good department. But if anyone wants to know the real truth about me, send me a personal messages, because it's kind of sad you have some people on here, that finds it a thrill to get in other peoples business rather than minding their own. And you said what I did was the ultimate shame???? Really, as though I committed a criminal act lol. What other criminal acts besides the you truthfully mentioned have I done. I have a question for you. Is posting websites and going out my way to search to see who else is hiring locally around my area to help guys who are looking to relocate, or for guys who is new to fire get employment a crime? Yes or no. I swear you sound like one of those fireman who stays around the fire station on their off day listening to the latest rumors, or like to spread personal business about someone for their daily enjoyment. Because you actually did your homework with your last post.

Why don't you mention that I tried to help a few guys who I don't even know at all on this site who had a non legitimate problem with me on where to go to see who is hiring. But since your a fire detective, go back a few pages and see where I tried to mention other sources to look for work. Was I trying to get brownie points for doing that, no not at all. I am not the type to keep helpful information, especially employment opportunities to myself, whereas you has some who won't share because they are afraid of the competition when trying out for a fire department, or deem themselves very worthy of the Job, and doesn't want see others get the same opportunity.

As far as trusting me goes, I would like to know in what areas myself. I just put information out as fat as job opening goes, or what is going on with Nashville. Now if I said who will be hired as far as name on the list, now that would be very ignorant of me. Im a pretty good guy as far as work habits and character goes. I love to see people succeed or get a opportunity like me. If I found out who you were and was to hear you made it with nashville fire or any other fire department, I would tell you congratulations or even shake your hand if we was in the class.

But I'm calling you out or anyone else, what in the world did I personally do to you? Was my actions a direct offense towards you or anyone else? Did I keep some of you all from getting a job? Trust me i maybe kind and humble, but I am not going to sit here and let anyone try to put me out on front street on a website for a reason that really isn't justified. There are fireman who has committed wayyyyyyy more harm than I did and even embarrassed their department, but what you mentioned on what I done, is the ultimate shame? Get real dude lol.

Forum Member

@farkingfireman, also on your last point, whoever you called back at my former department gave you the wrong information, I was in paramedic school, taking anatomy and physiology, and doing pretty decent, you should have asked why I moved to the Nashville area. And what possessed you to go out your way to see who I was, Im sure you know my real name as well, home address, bank account information, age, social, and the woman I was dating at the time as well. And the last thing on my mind on this site is finding who other people are, where they work, and what they have going on in their personal life.

And once again, anyone looking for work, check out www.911hotjobs.com, also look up african American firefighters union website they post job openings as well. Also, the military hire for fire personnel on certain bases, to find out who is hiring go to www.usajobs.com and type firefighter in job searches, pay is pretty good as well.

Forum Member

I would ration a guess that farkingfireman is a 19 y/o ink isn't even dry on his fire/emt card. Come on man. No one cares what you think about someone else. We are all here to find things out about where we applied whether its hearsay (which is 98%) or fact (maybe 2%). I'm sure you have some skeletons in your closet and guess what...NO ONE HERE GIVES A F!

edit::after looking at your profile, farkingfireman, maybe your not a 19 y/o ink isn't even dry on his fire/emt card firefighter but since you are apparently a member of Memphis Fire, why are you on a Hiring and Employment fourm?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=coreyology;1323521]@farkingfireman, also on your last point, whoever you called back at my former department gave you the wrong information, I was in paramedic school, taking anatomy and physiology, and doing pretty decent, QUOTE]

Ok, this time I'll believe you.

(don't look behind my back, I might have my fingers crossed)

Forum Member

@farkingfireman, yet and still I have no quarrel with you or anyone in here. Well as far as Nashville fire goes, I haven't heard anything on the grant being approved or not, that is what the department waiting for is funds to get more classes going. Also another strain is the veterans holding off on retirement, any updates please post, because that's the hold up. Otherwise just sit back and check your inbox off and on you may get a invite.

Forum Member

Yeah, I saw the replay of the mayor's budget hearing with the chief. He stated that the department had applied for a grant to fund 35 new positions on the fire side and was asking for an additional ambulance and 10 new hires on the ems side to staff it. It was fairly brief, but you can check out their website and see when it replays.

Forum Member

@jasper, thanks for the update, the recession, well I mean mean is taking a toll on all fire departments not just Nashville, also for anyone looking for work in Tennessee, there is a place called signal mountain tn is hiring, it's outside of Chattanooga, I think deadline is today but if you can fill one out hurry up and call to see if they will take late applications.

Forum Member

Don't know what kind of impact this might have on new hires and the next class, but the chief announced yesterday that he was leaving May 1st. Hopefully, this won't slow things down any.

Forum Member

@jasper, it could be a good thing, hopefully this next chief will hire based on experience and test scores, instead of name recognition, or family relation. Kind of odd he is leaving in the month where possible another class is suppose to begin.

Forum Member

Morristown TN is hiring for firefighter recruit, pay is a little over 25,000 a year if anyone is interested

Forum Member

Any updates anyone?????

Forum Member

Well here is a update of what's going on In the city there are a few more fireman retiring

http://www.nashville.gov/civil_servi...2012/0410a.pdf

Forum Member

Anything new and exciting like letters going out next month???

Thread Information