Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Gotcha- I've actually taken the fireteam test locally, and it is pretty much just as you put above with the factory scenario and such.

Forum Member

I thought u guys got scores...I was getting worried...lol. I passed the ladder climb in 2min 35sec and the agility test in 1min 36sec. I really hope I do well on the written. I've never taken a fireteam test before.

Forum Member

so was it relatively easy? do they just use the same concept but have different tests?

Forum Member

That's weird..They didn't time the ladder climb while I was there. It was srtictly a pass/fail event that had a 5 min limit.

Forum Member

ya they timed u but it doesnt count against you. so it doesnt matter if you do it in one minute or 4:59 as far as how i was explained it works. but the agility part is what counts against the other applicants

Forum Member

did u apply to any other departments?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mt5016 View Post
    so was it relatively easy? do they just use the same concept but have different tests?
    I didn't find it very difficult, although I did find myself second guessing my initial answer on some of the questions.

Forum Member

ya the practice test i took was pretty easy. especially the math and reading. but some of the scenarios i wasnt sure on what is the best as politically correct or what id actually do so. guess u just cant think to much into it

Forum Member

Does anyone know if Nashville or Chattanooga has a polygraph as part of the hiring process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 981kirk View Post
    Does anyone know if Nashville or Chattanooga has a polygraph as part of the hiring process?
    Nashville used to have a polygraph but thankfully dropped it a few years back. Polygraphs are very unreliable.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onestackdodge View Post
    I thought u guys got scores...I was getting worried...lol. I passed the ladder climb in 2min 35sec and the agility test in 1min 36sec. I really hope I do well on the written. I've never taken a fireteam test before.
    Agility test had a total of 5 points possible. Anything under 2 minutes is 5 points, but I don't know how they graduate the remaining points. 1:36 is REALLY good, because as far as I know the top score was 1:32. So congrats, that's awesome! I heard that about half of the applicants were invited to written, then cuts will be made again.

Forum Member

Thanks....I was pretty excited...I was invited to take the test...I scheduled one but never got a confirmation email....did any of you get one?

MembersZone Subscriber

yes, I recieved one and you should have to. I would call human resources, they may have messed up your email or maybe it was sent to your spam emails. Definately make sure you have a confirmed test date and time.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3106 View Post
    Nashville used to have a polygraph but thankfully dropped it a few years back. Polygraphs are very unreliable.

Not really but IF you have something to hide it will tell on you. If you lie it will point you out. I am a firm believer in using them.

Also a complete background check for any criminal or court action as a credit report will indicate if the applicant is a stand up person that takes care of their finances or is a load and a bad risk!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Thanks....I was pretty excited...I was invited to take the test...I scheduled one but never got a confirmation email....did any of you get one?
    If you login on to City of Nashville and check your application status to the right they will have posted you test date and time. Thats the way mine is listed. If that is not there you don't have one.

Forum Member

Last edited by PS3106; 09-20-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Deleted.. accidental post

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Not really but IF you have something to hide it will tell on you. If you lie it will point you out. I am a firm believer in using them.

Also a complete background check for any criminal or court action as a credit report will indicate if the applicant is a stand up person that takes care of their finances or is a load and a bad risk!
    ONe false positive is one too many. Why would you want to use something that can be unreliable? I am an advocate of a very deep background investigation. Everyone knows the difference in right and wrong. An applicants record should reflect that.
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Is there a hiring schedule? Like a.date that the.drop program starts or that they need.to hire? And by the way...I got confirmation of my test.date.

Forum Member

Is there a hiring schedule? Like a.date that the.drop program starts or that they need.to hire? And by the way...I got confirmation of my test.date.
    thats what i would like to find out as well

Forum Member

I think you went right before me. I got 2:20 on the ladder and 2:20 on the second part. This is the first time I've tested so I was nervous, would love a second chance cause I know I could beat that. Oh well.

I feel like there isn't much info out there of what's going on with this hiring round. I've heard a bunch of different things, but haven't seen anything from NFD to back any of it up. I'm affraid they're just rebuilding the list for the next three years. Hopefully they'll give out more info after the written test on what the plan is for this round.

Thread Information