Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1273
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

@rolling tide, I'm just like you I have no idea, no one knows,

Forum Member

Has anyone received anything yet, may is around the corner

Forum Member

Update, it will be a while before Nashville starts another class. Why is that? Because of their budget, in order to start a class, their must be enough funds in their annual budget to pay new personnel. There is a class going on now, but they are Nashville city employees who works as emts crossing over to metro, so it was a easy decision for the city financially to start that type of class because they did not have to spend extra money since those employees are alread on payroll. For any city a new annual budget starts around June or so, so hopefully they will have enough funds by then to start a new class. So hopefully around late summer or early fall that potential candidates may get a email, until then stay patient, and stay hopeful

Forum Member

Just to clarify corey's post, there is only a small EMS class either currently or about to start the academy. There isn't a suppression class going on. I've heard several different things about when the next suppression class will start, but it seems to change as each month passes. Still waiting on the safer grant announcements (which are usually announced on fridays) and are in the middle of the budget process. The mayor proposed a property tax increase and threatened layoffs to police, fire, and to teachers if it didn't get passed.

Forum Member

Jasper you are correct. It's not like Nashville is being slow about the process of hiring new recruits, they just do not have the funds in their budget to push more classes through. I'm hoping one will start this summer or fall because August 2013, is when the list will expire, and those including myself who might not get picked have to wait another possible 3 years or more for the position to open again.

Forum Member

The 2011 Safer grant announcements have started. The first batch was announced on Friday, but Nashville wasn't on it. They'll usually announce a new group every Friday until the money is gone.

Forum Member

Default Safer grant

Round 3 of the safer grants has been announced and Nashville is not on the list

Forum Member

Anybody heard anything juicy and exciting?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Tide View Post
    Anybody heard anything juicy and exciting?
    yeah...I got a job with a full time FD up here in the CLE.

Forum Member

Was told if you're getting in the next class to expect a letter very soon. But I've had my hopes up before by similar statements.

Forum Member

Through the grapevine I hear that EMS is going to pick up 20 off their list...

Forum Member

Thanks for the info jasper. I know we've talked about it before, but they will notify by email correct?

Congrats to FFMED! That's one name off of nashvilles list! Lol

Forum Member

The next class will be from 10-20 people@rolling tide and yes you will get a email and a letter in the mail.

Ffmedicinthecle congrats man.

Forum Member

Just heard that a list was turned in last week with 34 names on it for the next class. Don't know if they are all new hires or if it included crossovers from EMS too. Hope they haven't already notified yet cause my mailbox was empty.
    MFES likes this.

Forum Member

Default Jasper

Where did u get the info from, not doubting you at all. I think you would get a email then a physical letter in the mail, and remember its only Monday. Who knows they could have mailed the letters out Friday I didn't get anything in the mail today

Forum Member

Last week I heard that there was some deadline where the city had to have the hiring process going for the next class by July 1st or they would have to start paying money back because of the last Safer grant they took. Also the city budget passed and before the Chief left he requested funding for an additional 35 for suppression. Then I talked to a friend who was hired a few classes back who gave me the info about the list being turned in with 34 names. He said it was mentioned at the hall his last shift. His info is usually pretty solid, but again he just said that there was a list and not that notifications were made or when the class would start.

Forum Member

Where did u get that info from

Forum Member

Oh ok jasper, that makes sense, well I remember a guy who was hired on that use to be in this forum, said he got a email before a physical letter in the mail.

Forum Member

Jasper info is correct, they will notify potential candidates by letter mail. Is there a list made? Yes, when will the next class start, who knows.

Forum Member

Anyone seen any letters and or emails? Or any new information? I personally have not. The previous few posts are a little confusing. One post says we will get an EMAIL as notification, then, all of a sudden it changed to a LETTER. Not that it matters, just curious, because I've been standing by the mailbox all day for 12 days now, 6 in the rain, and it's getting old

Thread Information