Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1273
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nashville Fire Recruit

Forum Member

Any idea how many firefighters agreed on the employee buyout Metro initiated?

Forum Member

Forum Member

Whats the word around Nashville?

Forum Member

Default Eligible list

List won't expire in February 2014 but they may abolish it sometime between July and December and start a new list. And also they may have a new process from hiring. Where did I get this info from. Human resources you can call them yourself. I actually talked to a captain that works with nashville fire he claims they may send out notices at the end of this month but he isn't sure about that. All I can say is keep your contact info up to date, peace

Forum Member

SO, the interim FD chief put out the plan for NFD's future. If you like EMS stuff you will love it. If you wanna be a fireman, well you will hate it. The plan is that new hires will rotate between fire and ems divisions. This means that you may be assigned to a ambulance as a EMT for a month, and a engine as a Firefighter/EMT the next. I have even heard the rumor that the notice as to how you are assigned will be made when you report to shift that morning (i don't see that working). This rotation will take place until you complete the first 10 years of employment. They are planning to add 2-3 more ambulances which is a plus for citizens and EMT/Paramedics looking for a job with the NFD. If your hopes of being on the big red truck everyday you come to work is your plan, then the NFD is changing that for you. I also have heard that this current list may get one more class out of it.
    Last edited by mustangkid; 04-07-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo..I hate it
    coreyology likes this.

Forum Member

Hey Mustang,

The official word is 6 months on an ambulance and 1 year on a rig until the 10 year mark. So, assignments aren't going to take place the morning you show up on shift (I agree that that would be weird). Once 10 years is reached, the personnel have the option to stay on the ambulance or go full with suppression. We'll see how it all shakes out...

Forum Member

Anything new around town?

Forum Member

21 new Hires picked up on the EMS side last month...

Forum Member

The fire side of nashville is expecting another class this fall, will start a new list in august

Forum Member

if they were starting a list in august they would have to be announcing the application process in the next month or so. where do you get your info coreyology?

Forum Member

Detroitmedic call human resources recruitment and ask for yourself,

Forum Member

I have to agree with you Detroit. We all know that the process is a long one, and to have not yet announced a test date and to plan a class in the Fall would lead me to believe that there will be one last class from this list.

I know when they took us in for our interview, the gentleman told us that it was just a formality. We were on the list to be hired, so Coreology, I'm a bit confused by your statement. From having past experiences phoning human resources, I don't think a phone call is the answer.

Forum Member

I take everything coreyology says with a grain of salt

Forum Member

Thanks Detroit, that's what I figured.

Forum Member

Default information

Well that's what I told you on where i got my information from. And I said you can call yourself and they probably might tell you the same thing they told me because employment is subject to change. But when I called that's what I was told at that time period. But you can take my comment as a lie, salt and pepper, what have you. Im just telling what I was told by them. But if you want to find out what's going on call them for yourself you don't have to take my word for it at all

Forum Member

For those who are still looking for work in other areas in Tennessee. Chattanooga and Franklin tennessee fire is hiring.

Go to www.911hotjobs.com

Forum Member

Corey, the fact is, they can tell you what they want, when they want. They don't have to reveal anything and honestly, the human resources office gets bombarded with calls about employment, and our emails were pretty specific about not calling human resources. From past experiences with the testing process, unfortunately it's a waiting game, sometimes with no direction or idea, it's a "wait until you are notified" issue. The confusing thing, as I posted before, when we were taken in for our interview, we were told that we were on the list and it was just a formality. So, until there is some forward motion, we wait, everything else is just rumor mill.

Forum Member

Oh ok fire paramedic its all good I value your post.

Forum Member

E mails went out today. Orientation 7/30 academy begins in October

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Got mine whoop whoop

Thread Information