1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3

    Lightbulb Nashville Taking Applications

    Want to make sure all who check this board knew Nashville is taking apps until 8/26/2010.

    Looks like physical first this time, pass that for written. Maybe it will move quicker this time- check out the link.
    Best of luck to all giving it another go.

    http://nashfire.org/
    Last edited by Nashfire10; 08-14-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Date correction

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Nash,

    Couple of questions...

    1. I see the starting salary is 34k and tops out at 44k...are there any incentives, holiday, etc. that add to this?

    2. What is the schedule?

    3. Are firefighters crosstrained in EMS or are they seperate divisions?

    4. Do paramedics get additional pay?

    Thanks,

    Ben
    FTM-PTB

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Thanks, planning to apply.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    And a better department you will be hard pressed to find. Good luck.

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Got my application in and already been scheduled for the Physical agility. The written is an Ergometrics exam anyone have any experience with it?

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by easun27 View Post
    Got my application in and already been scheduled for the Physical agility. The written is an Ergometrics exam anyone have any experience with it?
    Do they give you a choice of when to schedule the physical? Do they do any testing on weekends or is it week days only?

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    TNFF319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Collierville, TN
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
    Nash,

    Couple of questions...

    1. I see the starting salary is 34k and tops out at 44k...are there any incentives, holiday, etc. that add to this?

    2. What is the schedule?

    3. Are firefighters crosstrained in EMS or are they seperate divisions?

    4. Do paramedics get additional pay?

    Thanks,

    Ben
    Does anyone know the answer?
    FF/Paramedic

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    [QUOTE=MontvilleFire39;1193257]Nash,

    Couple of questions...

    1. I see the starting salary is 34k and tops out at 44k...are there any incentives, holiday, etc. that add to this?

    2. What is the schedule?

    3. Are firefighters crosstrained in EMS or are they seperate divisions?

    4. Do paramedics get additional pay?

    I have been talking with some union officials with Nashville and from what I have gathered....

    1. 34-44 range is depending on your experience or if you already have fire school, emt, medic etc.
    2. schedule is 24 48
    3. EMS is separate but you will become an EMT and they run a few als engines. An engine responds to every medical
    4. you get medic pay only when you work as a medic (ride the box or als engine)

    I may be a little off on this, but from what I have gathered from talking to some of the guys, I think thats how it works.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs up The last physical

    Last time for the physical you started by climbing to the top of an 80 or 90 ft ladder and then back down -and you have to do it in pass/fail in under 5 minutes. It's not bad but it can really work on your legs.
    For the next part you put on a helmet and a pack . You then started a timed course that begins by carrying a big hose roll up two flights and then back down hitting every stair. You put the pack down, walk through the tower, walk over to hose and the pick up the nozzle and drag it a hundred yards or so. I'll note that you can't "run" but you try to walk as fast as you can without running. You then "walked" to a station and picked up a 30 odd pound device, put it up about 3 1/2 feet, and then put it back on the ground. From there you went to a dummy drag- you had to drag the dummy backwards about 50 feet by holding onto handle straps- this was probably the hardest part b/c you were using straps and not holding the heavy dummy directly. To do well I would be able to go full out for at least three minutes-unless you are used to climbing a huge ladder and then running around for a bit. Also, it is freaking hot here now, try for a morning run if you can schedule it. Best of luck

    Feel free to look at the last hiring, the hello has anyone heard board that can be found by looking at threads from the beginning on the Tennessee board.


    Was given a tip, pick up the dummy by the shoulders and drag the sumb backwards, by the straps means you pull alot of dead weight, didn't know this was an option.
    Last edited by Nashfire10; 08-09-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Update

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nashfire10 View Post
    Last time for the physical you started by climbing to the top of an 80 or 90 ft ladder and then back down -and you have to do it in pass/fail in under 5 minutes. It's not bad but it can really work on your legs.
    For the next part you put on a helmet and a pack . You then started a timed course that begins by carrying a big hose roll up two flights and then back down hitting every stair. You put the pack down, walk through the tower, walk over to hose and the pick up the nozzle and drag it a hundred yards or so. I'll note that you can't "run" but you try to walk as fast as you can without running. You then "walked" to a station and picked up a 30 odd pound device, put it up about 3 1/2 feet, and then put it back on the ground. From there you went to a dummy drag- you had to drag the dummy backwards about 50 feet by holding onto handle straps- this was probably the hardest part b/c you were using straps and not holding the heavy dummy directly. To do well I would be able to go full out for at least three minutes-unless you are used to climbing a huge ladder and then running around for a bit. Also, it is freaking hot here now, try for a morning run if you can schedule it. Best of luck

    Feel free to look at the last hiring, the hello has anyone heard board that can be found by looking at threads from the beginning on the Tennessee board.
    Great info. Thanks

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    92

    Default

    When you applied were you able to self schedule the test right away or did it take a little bit? I just sent the application and it says it was received but there is nothing click on where it says self schedule.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Harvey Illinois is taking applications.....
    By McDonaldMike45 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
  2. Davenport Taking Applications
    By Box2565 in forum Iowa
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 01:06 AM
  3. Anyone taking the CPAT in Parker, CO?
    By COFire282 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:08 PM
  4. Any Other Traditions for Taking Delivery of a New Fire Trucks?
    By Andrew R. Duval in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2001, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register