Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Mr. Chris Lee Screwed New York Firefighters

I am writing this note to let you know that New York Congressman Chris Lee left 9-11-01 rescuers on the floor above. Mr Lee was the only member from New York to VOTE NO on HR847 the health bill for responders. Mr. Lee promised 9/11/01 first responders that he would co-sponsor this bill, then last minute he backed out. Please pass this onto your members. Many members of the FDNY are get sick and dying.This Bill HR847 would have help to pay the growing doctor and hospital bills rolling in. Please call Mr. Lee and let him know he let us down.

ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
    yes. he is the only New York Congressman to Vote no in helping 9/11/01 first responders...YES THE ONLY ONE. NEVER FORGET... chris lee never helped 9/11/01 responders. We don't need a guy like this in Washington.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

According the records, Lee is one of 115 co-sponsors of HR847. He voted in favor of recommitting the bill for further amendments. The fact that he was not in favor of the form of the bill that passed is, by itself, not damning.

What additional amendment was he trying to get into the bill he co-sponsored before it passed?
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    According the records, Lee is one of 115 co-sponsors of HR847. He voted in favor of recommitting the bill for further amendments. The fact that he was not in favor of the form of the bill that passed is, by itself, not damning.

What additional amendment was he trying to get into the bill he co-sponsored before it passed?
    WRONG...he tried to block the bill. Again the only ny congressman to forget 9/11/01 responders

oh and the bill went with NO ADDED AMENDMENTS. no thanks to lee
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35 View Post
    WRONG...he tried to block the bill.
    Not according to the clerk of the house's website. Which version is supposed to be believed? He is unquestionably a co-sponsor of the bill. The only question is what changes he was still trying to make in the bill before it passed. Do you know what those changes might have been?

Forum Member

Wow, i was so hoping this thread was going to be something different based on the title.

Didn't we have this discussion already about HR847? Didn't we decide that it was a bad move on all parties to put it forth in the way in which they did?

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Wow, i was so hoping this thread was going to be something different based on the title.

Didn't we have this discussion already about HR847? Didn't we decide that it was a bad move on all parties to put it forth in the way in which they did?
    BAD for who???? the bill passed with NO ADDED AMENDMENTS. It's sad to think lee spun this. he did sponser the bill the 1st time and voted no. then it came up again and he tried to delay the vote. this bill as stands will help people who are sick from 9/11/01. some people have forgotten the 1st responders.
    I am disappointed by the actions of congressman lee of NEW YORK! again i repeat , congessman lee from NEW YORK. the vary same New York that suffered in 2001 and continues to suffer today. why did this 1st term member of congress ask to "recommit" on the vote in attempt to kill HR 847? lee has refused over and over again to work with the 9/11 community. call and ask him, email him to see what bs answer you get this time and we will compare the answers. there is none but politics. every congressman went for this bill from New York both republican and democrats.
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 10-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

BAD for who???? the bill passed with NO ADDED AMENDMENTS. I's sad to think lee spun this. he did sponser the bill the 1st time and voted no. then it came up again and he tried to delay the vote. this bill as stands will help people who are sick from 9/11/01. some people have forgotten the 1st responders.
    Nobody is talking about any "spin." We're talking about procedural facts on record. Based on the congressional reocrd, Lee appears to have strongly supported the bill overall -- he's a co-sponsor, after all. It appears that he had reservations about the form of the bill that ultimatley passed. He didn't "block" the bill, he was still trying to revise specific parts of the bill.

How do we know that the version of the bill that he wanted wouldn't have been better than the one that passed? If you're going to claim that he "screwed" anyone you really ought to be able to answer that question.

your right....but you are always right.

lee spun this. he was an obstructionist from the first time I WAS IN D.C. to talk to him and he did nothing but ride the parties line. i was there and i saw his act up close.... done
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

lee spun this
    In other words, you can't answer the question. You don't even know what revisions Lee was proposing but, despite the fact that he's a co-sponsor of the bill, you're still trying to blackball him over it.

Sorry, but your (lack) of an argument to support your position voids your credibility on this one.

MembersZone Subscriber

your right....but you are always right.

lee spun this. he was an obstructionist from the first time I WAS IN D.C. to talk to him and he did nothing but ride the parties line. i was there and i saw his act up close.... done
    Where is the funding for this bill coming from? We're broke. Any great thing we want to do must be funded with $ coming out of some other program (cut BS stuff) or by borrowing from the Chicoms.

Lee Explains His ‘No’ Vote On Zadroga
    Republican Rep. Chris Lee was the only member of the New York congressional delegation to vote “no” on the Zadroga bill that passed the House earlier today.

(His fellow GOPer, Long Island Rep. Peter King, was a sponsor of the bill and voted “yes” after taking it on the chin from Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner when members of his conference refused to provide sufficient support to reach the majority’s two-thirds requirement back in July).

Lee issued the following statement to explain his decision:

“The men and women who ran into the towers on 9/11 and who spent countless hours aiding the recovery at Ground Zero are true American heroes. I’m an original cosponsor of the 9/11 health bill and believe we should support our first responders who sacrificed so much on 9/11 and in the time that followed.”

“In a $3.5 trillion budget, there were a number of ways that Speaker Pelosi could have chosen to pay for health care for these heroes without the bill’s massive, job-killing tax hikes that will send U.S. jobs overseas.”

“I offered an alternative plan to remove these job-killing tax hikes and finance the bill with spending cuts. It is unwise and unnecessary to pit 9/11 heroes against 15 million out-of-work Americans, and we could have and should have protected both in this bill.”

The James Zadroga 9/11 Health & Compensation Act" is a bill that is funded by closing tax loopholes on foreign companies that do business in the United States and NO NOT CURRENTLY PAY UNITED STATES TAXES . No U.S. worker will loose their job over this bill as many members of the republican party have stated. No US taxpayer funded monies will be used to pay for "The James Zadroga Health & Compensation Act". It is very clear that Mr. Lee did not read HR 847 before moving to have it killed in the House of Representatives. He instead chose to vote for HR 847 in a partisan fashion. The second time HR 847 was voted on in late September, needy 1st responders watched as 1 more democrat and 5 more Republicans voted their conscience and changed their vote from no in late July to yes the second time around. HR 847 passed with the bi-partisan support of 17 republican members of congress. Mr. Lee was not 1 of these republican members during either vote. Both parties failed the 1st responders during the many years and the many chances this bill had to move out of the house and on the desk of the president. However Mr. Lee of NEW YORK played partisan politics over the 1st responders. The time to argue about the value or worth of the lives of 9/11 1st responders is not now. Now is the time to pass this bill and give dying 9/11 1st responders the medical help they deserve. Bottom-line is this, Mr. Lee was the only member of the NY delegation to vote no for HR 847. Mr. Lee's actions left members of the FDNY on the floor above to burn. We hope these actions are not repeated in theUS Senate.
    Have a good day
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 10-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

I do have a question. I'm confused about the intent of this bill. Maybe you could clear it up. I don't want this to turn into a rant, or a diatribe, or and argument. I just need some clarification.

As far as I know the official 'First Responders' that answered the call for help are covered by their insurance provided by their professional departments. FNDY, NYPD, The Port Authority, ect.

The question i have is this. Who is this bill intended to help? The people that showed up outside of the official mutual aid? I just don't understand how individual 'First Responders' aren't covered by their responding agencies? Shouldn't the individual responders be taking the issue up with the departments/agencies they are associated with, rather than the government?

Please help me understand, as I truly want to know the intent of this bill.

I do have a question. I'm confused about the intent of this bill. Maybe you could clear it up. I don't want this to turn into a rant, or a diatribe, or and argument. I just need some clarification.

As far as I know the official 'First Responders' that answered the call for help are covered by their insurance provided by their professional departments. FNDY, NYPD, The Port Authority, ect.

The question i have is this. Who is this bill intended to help? The people that showed up outside of the official mutual aid? I just don't understand how individual 'First Responders' aren't covered by their responding agencies? Shouldn't the individual responders be taking the issue up with the departments/agencies they are associated with, rather than the government?

Please help me understand, as I truly want to know the intent of this bill.
    read this: http://www.gop.gov/bill/111/2/hr847

everyone that can prove that they were there. this is not just nyc people it's for everyone that help with the recovery and clean up. my insurance did not cover all of my cancer bills. (about $40,000 +)
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 10-12-2010 at 05:10 AM.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

So anyone that showed up.. whether they were called for, or part of the official response?

I could see how some people have issue with the bill.

And shouldn't you be taking it up with your insurance company, not the state/federal government?

So anyone that showed up.. whether they were called for, or part of the official response?

I could see how some people have issue with the bill.

And shouldn't you be taking it up with your insurance company, not the state/federal government?
    "some people have issue with the bill" are you speaking for youself, peter???...please read the bill. you have to prove you worked there. just think if the federal government stopped the highjackers or even said the air in and around the site was bad????...who was in charge there. the city???the state??? NO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. pick up a glove and get in to the game pete. NEVER FORGET...do you think we are getting rich or something? READ THE BILL.
    Have a real good day.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

foreign companies that do business in the United States and NO NOT CURRENTLY PAY UNITED STATES TAXES . No U.S. worker will loose their job over this bill as many members of the republican party have stated.
    So someone is actually willing to guarantee that a US citizen, working for a foreign company in the United States, will not lose a job? How?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

again read the bill. and this tread is about a New York Congressman leaving 1st responders the floor above to burn...Lee was the ONLY New York Congressman to do so.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Lee was the ONLY New York Congressman to do so.
    You have still failed to show any evidence that Lee did anything wrong. Your credibility in this issue is growing shakier with each unsupported assertion.

Thread Information