Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Some Guy

Default MIN 5 Programming

Hey gang, question for you:

We have one channel Minitor V pagers. We are wanting to add another tone activation to them on the same frequency. I am trying to find a way to do this:

A: Fire Alert tone 1
    B: Fire Monitor tone 1
    C. Fire Alert Vib tone 1
    D. Fire Alert tone 1 and also a tone 2 for other types of calls

What I mean about tone 1 is the normal tone for all fire calls. A new tone 2 is needed for other things when tone 1 is NOT activated. (just to make it confusing it still needs to activate for tone 1.)
    Example: Pager is set to "D" JUST tone 2 is sent out; pager need to activate. Pager is set to "D" JUST tone 1 is sent out; pager needs to activate.

We need to add a new tone that will only alert a small group of people. I just need the pager to activate for the new tone 2. I have a feeling I need a 2 channel pager. Yes, I am confused also.
    This space for rent

Why would you need a two-channel pager if you only have one channel. Everything you want to do is a programming change you or your dealer can do.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Not so easy

Because we cover parts of three counties we wanted to add a second tone to the Minitor V pagers we have bought over the last few years. We were told that we had to request the second tone capability when we purchased the units. Adding a second tone was not installable in these units. In other words we had to purchase 35 new pagers, not likely to happen on a volunteer departments budget. Looking at text capabilities in the 911 system along with our pagers for the future instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bwspeer View Post
    Because we cover parts of three counties we wanted to add a second tone to the Minitor V pagers we have bought over the last few years. We were told that we had to request the second tone capability when we purchased the units. Adding a second tone was not installable in these units. In other words we had to purchase 35 new pagers, not likely to happen on a volunteer departments budget. Looking at text capabilities in the 911 system along with our pagers for the future instead.
    You were lied to by your Motorola dealer in order to trick you into buying new pagers. That is not a requirement and it wasn't even a requirement for the I, II, III, and IV. They are programmable any time using the programming cradle and software. You can change the frequency, alert tones, function settings, volume settings, etc etc. Everything is programmable at any time. I would find all the documentation and correspondence from your dealer, and then find a lawyer to recover your money from Motorola. Not sure if there is criminal liability here but there should be if ther isn't.

Forum Member

Be careful not to confuse a 2-channel pager with one that can accept more than one tone set. Even a single channel pager (which you have) can accept multiple tone sets. I understand how you want the pager set up, but I don't have the software here in front of me to think of how to do it. You might need to use the on/off duty settings. I'll take a look when I'm near a computer that has the Minitor V programming software on it. You can download the software from Motorola's website:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...ip?localeId=33

You can program them yourself if a) you know what you're doing and b) you buy or build a programming cradle.

Andy

A tone checked for address off-duty will not alert in a function mode that is also set for off-duty. A tone not checked address for off-duty will alert in all function modes.

Thread Information