MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mt. Vernon IL Testing

The Fire and Police Commission of the City of Mt. Vernon, Illinois is seeking applicants for the position of Firefighter.

An informational sheet that outlines the position, salary, benefits and testing date and time is included in the application packet. Applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and be between the ages of 21 and 35 on the date of the test.

Application packets may be picked up at the Mt. Vernon Fire Department, 714 South 42nd Street, Mt. Vernon, Illinois between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday and must be returned to the same address or postmarked by September 10, 2010. Application packets may be mailed to the applicant who resides outside Jefferson County, Illinois by calling 618-242-6880 highlighting between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday. Mail completed applications to: Mt. Vernon Fire Department, P. O. Box 1708, Mt. Vernon, Illinois, 62864.

The City of Mt. Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

You can download an application on either of the websites listed below.

http://www.iafflocal738.org

http://www.mvfd.mtvernon.com
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Questions

DJ,

Do you know if they are planning to hire anytime soon? I didn't notice any bonus points for FFII or Paramedic? Do you guys run ambulances or have ALS Engines? Also the physical test states events are timed but doesn't state what the limitations are? I see you guys run 24/48 are there Kelly Days as well? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I have all my facts straight before I turn in my app. thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

We're presently one person short because of cuts by attrition. If/when that spot is filled, it'll come off this list. As far as retirements or anything, I don't know.

We run ALS engines. I actually don't remember what the time limits are on the physical test..I want to say the 1 1/2 mile run is like 13:30 maybe? We do run 24/48, no Kelly Days, FLSA pay instead.
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Thread Information