Forum Member

Default Things to think about.

1. The nicest thing about the future is . . . that it always starts tomorrow.{doncha love procrastination?}

2. Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

3. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all. {*wild cheering with agreement!*}

4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.

5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.{shouldn't that be 'keep your mouth shut BEFORE you get in deep water'?}

6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?

7. Business conventions are important . . . because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.

8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?

9. Pet a cat . . . and you will have a permanent job.

10. No one has more driving ambition than the teenage boy who wants to buy a car.

11. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.

12. There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 a.m. - like, it could be the right number.

13. No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning.

14. I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap. {I resemble that remark.}

15. Be careful about reading the fine print. . . . There's no way you're going to like it.

16. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.

17. Do you realize that, in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? (And rap music will be the Golden Oldies!)

18. Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Cadillac than in a Yugo.

19. After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you're probably dead.
    {Personally, I think that should read "after 45"}

20. Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind . . . . and the ones that mind don't matter. {d@mn skippy!!!}

21. Life isn't tied with a bow . . . . . . . but it's still a gift.
    {what's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth?}

Forum Member

Does anyone remember the good old days?

Did anyone press their chewing gum into a comic book and lift a reverse picture onto the gum?

You could stretch it and skew it of course. Seemed fun at the time.

Fast forward about 50 years, then imaging just a few more years ahead.

Think about what a 50-60 year old tatoo looks like on very loose skin...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Think about what a 50-60 year old tatoo looks like on very loose skin...
    My wife's grandfather has a few.. I think they look pretty honorable..
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

I think it will depend on the location. I have seen alot of WW2/Korea/Vietnam vets with a tat on the arms. They do look honorable. My dad had one.

I was thinking about several other locations that I have regrettably seen.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was thinking about several other locations that I have regrettably seen.
    Reminds me of the time I took care of an older lady who had her bra stuffed and her breasts tucked into her pants...
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Way to much info...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Reminds me of the time I took care of an older lady who had her bra stuffed and her breasts tucked into her pants...
    Do you own stock in a paper-towel company? I just used a roll cleaning coffee off my monitor.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Just wait.It'll be:"Gramma,Gramma.Tell us again how you got that bunny rabbit tattoo during Spring Break and how Great Grandpa got mad.Gramma,why does your bunny rabbit look like a kangaroo now?"

And,in 50 or 60 years,the kids driving around thumping out noise that rattles windows for blocks around will be the ones tottering around the old folks' home in wheelchairs and on walkers or whatever mobility aids they'll be using then shouting "What the Hell is THAT yer listenin' to?What?WHAT? No,boy,you need to listen to Three Sixx Mafia.Now THAT'S music!" and shuffling off singing offkey "It hard out here for a pimp!"

Don't trust anyone over 30,indeed.What the Hell were we thinking?
    Last edited by doughesson; 08-07-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Forum Member

And remember little Rangers and Rangerettes,if you eat all your vegetables,wash behind your ears and respect your elders,you ,too,can grow up to be just like your television heros.

Forum Member

M - I - C : See you real soon...

K - E - Y : Why? Because we like you...

M - O - U - S - E

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The days of innocence have left us...

Forum Member

If you eat right, exercise, don't drink and don't smoke, you're gonna look pretty damn foolish when you're old, lying in bed and dying of nothing...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pvfd27 View Post
    If you eat right, exercise, don't drink and don't smoke, you're gonna look pretty damn foolish when you're old, lying in bed and dying of nothing...

If I can pick how I go,I plan on dying at home in bed with two 20 year old women,from gunshots fired by their insanely jealous husbands.

Forum Member

When I was yer age,we had to ride the school bus.FOUR miles!Both ways!And we had to walk half a block to catch it and wait for it in the falling leaves because Tony Jones' sister started growing up when we were in the 7th grade and her mom didn't want a bunch of boys in the house looking at her.
    We didn't have 230 cable channels,we had 3 channels.And if the President came on tv that night,your evening was shot.We'd walk around the house crying "The President's on!He's on every channel!We're gonna miss "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" and "Battlestar Galactica!" and you know what your Grandpa would say?"Come here boy,you wanna cry?I'll give you something to cry about!"
    We didn't have vcrs and answering machines for our cell phones.If you wanted to watch a show,you had to be home to watch it.
    We didn't even have cell phones.We had a phone with a cord that lead to the wall to talk on.And we used rotary dials to make our calls.
    And we didn't have all these foods you have today.Hot Pockets?What the Hell is that?
    All we had to eat in the 70s was "Hamburger Helper".That's all there was.And we were thankful to get it.
    Ahh,you kids don't know how easy you got it these days.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking And..........

Doug........ Good ones. "Hot Pockets" reminds me of "Willy" in the 8th Grade. Willy was having a quick Smoke in the Boy's room when a Teacher came in. Without Thinking (Something most 8th graders were good at) he stuck the Cigarette in his Pocket. STILL LIT. Sure looked odd going down the hall toward the office with Smoking Levi's...........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Hmmmm.............

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    1. The nicest thing about the future is . . . That it always starts tomorrow.{doncha love procrastination?} assuming that you wake up tomorrow

2. Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail. he will, however, bark at anyone

3. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all. {*wild cheering with agreement!*}yep!!!.............

4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs. absolutely!

5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.{shouldn't that be 'keep your mouth shut before you get in deep water'?} just stay out of the pool altogether

6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night? been there, done that

7. Business conventions are important . . . Because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without. kinda like union conventions

8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks? you have deluded yourself into thinking that you really are....

9. Pet a cat . . . And you will have a permanent job. uhhh......no.

10. No one has more driving ambition than the teenage boy who wants to buy a car.

11. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity. and used more

12. There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 a.m. - like, it could be the right number.

13. No one ever says "it's only a game" when their team is winning.

14. I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap. {i resemble that remark.}

15. Be careful about reading the fine print. . . . There's no way you're going to like it.

16. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket. amen!

17. Do you realize that, in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? (and rap music will be the golden oldies!)not here......

18. Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a cadillac than in a yugo. yugo ahead, i'll wait here

{personally, i think that should read "after 45"} you shouldn't wake up in a joint, you should leave before you pass out
    20. Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind . . . . And the ones that mind don't matter. {d@mn skippy!!!} ummm.... Yeah!

21. Life isn't tied with a bow . . . . . . . But it's still a gift.
    {what's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth?:d}
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Ev'rybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school.

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Doug........ Good ones. "Hot Pockets" reminds me of "Willy" in the 8th Grade. Willy was having a quick Smoke in the Boy's room when a Teacher came in. Without Thinking (Something most 8th graders were good at) he stuck the Cigarette in his Pocket. STILL LIT. Sure looked odd going down the hall toward the office with Smoking Levi's...........

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Well... some of us WERE eating lunch....

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone remember the good old days?
    You mean when kids would roll on the ground fighting for a few minutes, then get up and go back to playing? Rather than pulling knivies or guns?

When you could have a peaceful day, because you did not have a darn cell phone ringing every 5 minutes?

How about a car you could work on, and when it was running cost 65 a gallon to fuel?

Or, my faorite, when you jumped off the engine AND PUT THE DAMN FIRE OUT!

Yep, those days are gone.

Forum Member

Worth bumping again.

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    1. The nicest thing about the future is . . . that it always starts tomorrow.{doncha love procrastination?}

2. Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

3. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all. {*wild cheering with agreement!*}

4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.

5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.{shouldn't that be 'keep your mouth shut BEFORE you get in deep water'?}

6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?

7. Business conventions are important . . . because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.

8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?

9. Pet a cat . . . and you will have a permanent job.

11. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.

13. No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning.

14. I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap. {I resemble that remark.}

16. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.

17. Do you realize that, in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? (And rap music will be the Golden Oldies!)

18. Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Cadillac than in a Yugo.

{Personally, I think that should read "after 45"}

20. Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind . . . . and the ones that mind don't matter. {d@mn skippy!!!}

21. Life isn't tied with a bow . . . . . . . but it's still a gift.
    {what's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth?}

Thread Information