Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chicago and KCFD Guys

What is the name and who makes your truck belts I see in a lot of picture?

MembersZone Subscriber

No body from Chicago or KCFD on here?

Forum Member

You're probably seeing the GUT Belts. Can't remember the website offhand, but the company sells them direct, or you can buy them from firestore.com. I've got one with my Volunteer gear and love it.

Forum Member

Default CFD belts

the past few years they have been issuing a belt by RIT RESCUE & ESCAPE SYSTEMS. i tried finding it on their website but hand no luck. we basically have the "RIT BELT" without the ladder hook and lanyard.

http://www.ritrescuesystems.com/prod...ail.php?id=104

seems like half to 2/3 of us dont wear belts. like sombody said above, some are wearing GUT belts, as well as belts by yates.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the reply... I have a Fire innovations truck belt and really like it... But of course I find out today that in the near future we will all be getting truck belts build into our SCBA's for are new bail out systems from scott. Should have waited just a little longer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by giweff View Post
    Thanks for the reply... I have a Fire innovations truck belt and really like it... But of course I find out today that in the near future we will all be getting truck belts build into our SCBA's for are new bail out systems from scott. Should have waited just a little longer.
    Personally, I don’t think I would care for an “incorporated” truckman’s belt. I have seen a few guys that have them incorporated into their bunker coat, but for versatility I prefer to be able to remove my belt and use it for whatever other function I might need it for; e.g. hauling equipment, attaching something to it so I can ascend / descend a ladder, or in a pinch it can quickly be employed to drag a victim or fallen FF out of harms way. So you might still want to have a separate belt. Plus, what about the incidents where you don’t need your tank, such as vertical Ventilation, auto accidents, non-fire related rescues etc? I never heard anyone say…”I wish had fewer tools at my disposal”.

Thread Information