Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    Back In Black

Default Obama's "Un-said" Hiroshima Apology

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...599873634.html

Excerpt from the article:

For the first time since the United States dropped the atomic bomb on Japan 65 years ago, today the U.S. ambassador to Japan will attend the official commemoration ceremony at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial. The U.S. ambassador has always declined the annual invitation, but this year is different. President Barack Obama decided to acknowledge the event with the presence of a high-level dignitary. As State Department spokesman Philip Crowley explained, Ambassador John Roos will be there "to express respect for all the victims of World War II."

Gene Tibbets—the son of Brig. Gen. Paul W. Tibbets Jr., the pilot who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima—called the Obama administration's decision "an unsaid apology." Whether or not that's the case, by saying "all the victims" Mr. Crowley raises the specter of moral equivalence, a problem that's grown worse over the years when it comes to judging right and wrong during World War II and throughout history.
    Seems harmless, unless you understand the history of World War II and Japan's role in it. Then it should make you mad.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Don't forget, in Obama's eyes, America is the enemy. Just more of his reverend's teachings coming out in his actions.

Forum Member

They were given an option with the Potsdam Proclamation, and ignored it.

They got what they had coming.

No apologies from me. EVER!!!!

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

This is fits right in.....

The Enola Gay is now rebuilt and restored to flying condition, and passed all flight requirements and tests.

It is now on tour to select cities. One of which, is Omaha/Bellevue Nebraska, where Colonel Tibbets picked it out on the assembly line, and named it after his mother.

It will come home to its birth place, and be at the 2010 Offutt AFB Air Show on Aug. 28-29th.

After the tour, it will be put on display at the NASM.

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    This is fits right in.....

The Enola Gay is now rebuilt and restored to flying condition, and passed all flight requirements and tests.

It is now on tour to select cities. One of which, is Omaha/Bellevue Nebraska, where Colonel Tibbets picked it out on the assembly line, and named it after his mother.

It will come home to its birth place, and be at the 2010 Offutt AFB Air Show on Aug. 28-29th.

After the tour, it will be put on display at the NASM.

FM1
    Actually it was Fifi that flew yesterday. The Enola Gay is in a musuem and non flying.

MembersZone Subscriber

Call me a bleeding heart, but I firmly believe that civilians who died that day are victims. They are not victims of an attack by the United States, don't get me wrong there. They are victims of their leaders refusal to surender, and their push to keep this war going at all costs.

This war could have ended sooner, without the loss of that many extra lives. But the Japanese military kept pushing, and the people of Japan paid the price.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Despite the number that perished by the bombs, it was still less than could have been killed if the Allies were forced to land ground troops on Japan. The Japanese leadership was prepared to fight to the end.

I'm just glad that Truman had the backbone to go through with it.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Call me a bleeding heart, but I firmly believe that civilians who died that day are victims. They are not victims of an attack by the United States, don't get me wrong there. They are victims of their leaders refusal to surender, and their push to keep this war going at all costs.

This war could have ended sooner, without the loss of that many extra lives. But the Japanese military kept pushing, and the people of Japan paid the price.
    I don't completely disagree.

But let's not forget the tens of millions of other asians who were also brutalized and killed at the hands of the japanese (not just the leaders).
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    But let's not forget the tens of millions of other asians who were also brutalized and killed at the hands of the japanese (not just the leaders).
    And the thousands of British and US troops brutalized in Singapore, Corregidor and the Bataan Death March. And the thousands more that died in POW camps at the hands of the Japanese. It's hard to be sympathetic when they started the mess. And while the Japanese civilians were devastated by the bombing campaigns they pretty much supported the Military government to the end.

My father was a Navy CB in the South Pacific and my son's godfather was a Marine wounded on Iwo Jima.

We have nothing to apologize for!

Forum Member

This is Obama's MO though, and has been. He has never believed in America. He was raised to believe America is the evil empire, bringing death and destruction to the world. And now that he is president (yes lower case!), he believes it is his mission to go around the world apologizing for America's tyranny. Michelle even admitted while campaigning, after living in the US her entire life, that she is just NOW proud to be American.

Even though he probably is a natural born citizen, he is no American.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcwops
    Actually it was Fifi that flew yesterday. The Enola Gay is in a musuem and non flying.
    Maybe you should check this out... http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?c...4-beaa4b5e3964

FM1

Belated Poisson d'Avril

Forum Member

Maybe you should check this out... http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?c...4-beaa4b5e3964

FM1

Belated Poisson d'Avril
    I stand corrected, although Fifi did fly this week for the first time since she went in for a massive overhaul. I was not aware of this tour with the Enola Gay.

Forum Member

They got what they had coming.

No apologies from me. EVER!!!!FM1
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    I'm just glad that Truman had the backbone to go through with it.
    I couldn't agree more my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    We have nothing to apologize for!
    The atomic bombs were dropped during a declared war that we didn't start...Unlike the attack on Pearl Harbor that was unprovoked and NOT during war.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post

I agree. No where in the statement does Obama express regret over bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I'm not surprised those who have blind hatred for Obama are trying to see something that isn't there.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcwops View Post
    This is Obama's MO though, and has been. He has never believed in America. He was raised to believe America is the evil empire, bringing death and destruction to the world. And now that he is president (yes lower case!), he believes it is his mission to go around the world apologizing for America's tyranny. Michelle even admitted while campaigning, after living in the US her entire life, that she is just NOW proud to be American.

Even though he probably is a natural born citizen, he is no American.
    Nice....more rantings that lack any basis in any fact.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Nice....more rantings that lack any basis in any fact.
    Did you miss Obama's first European tour? Time to stop drinking the kool-aid buddy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did you miss Obama's first European tour? Time to stop drinking the kool-aid buddy.
    Europe is in Japan now? I'm confused
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    Europe is in Japan now? I'm confused
    I am referring to Obama's tour of Europe immediately after entering office. The one where he went to Turkey and other Muslim nations and publicly apologized for the wrongs America has committed. That is not a rant, that is a fact. This deal in Japan, is just more of the same.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...599873634.html

Excerpt from the article:

Seems harmless, unless you understand the history of World War II and Japan's role in it. Then it should make you mad.
    It burns my arz to no end Ken.

The heck with them. Read the history of that empire and how they treated other countries and how they treated the POW's from the US during the war.

As President Truman had said when asked about dropping the bomb on them, "The He.l with the J..s!!!

Likwise the he.l with sobamma too.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Not long ago,someone sent me some pictures of Hiroshima.
    Maybe I got the wool pulled over my eyes and someone doctored the pictures but it sure looked like a thriving metropolis to me.If there was a problem with radiation,it sure wasn't from an atomic bomb because the place was paved,well modernized and lit up enough to hurt your eyes to look at.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Not long ago,someone sent me some pictures of Hiroshima.
    Maybe I got the wool pulled over my eyes and someone doctored the pictures but it sure looked like a thriving metropolis to me.If there was a problem with radiation,it sure wasn't from an atomic bomb because the place was paved,well modernized and lit up enough to hurt your eyes to look at.
    At the end of the war Hiroshima and Nagasaki looked like dozens of other Japanese cities. Razed to the ground with tens of thousands of civilian casualties. The difference was the former were razed with one bomb whereas Tokyo and the other cities were burned to the ground in huge multiple B-29 formation incendiary raids. The results were the same. The positive to the two A-Bomb missions, no planes or crews were lost. On a typical mass formation mission it was common to lose 20 - 30 planes and crews in a mission. There were crews of 10 on the B-29's. We were losing 200 -300 men on a typical mission. So the A-Bombs saved American bomber crews as well.
    Thank You Mr. Truman for having the wherewithal to save more American lives.
    We owe no apology to Japan for anything about the war.
    Last edited by donethat; 08-06-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Forum Member

Did he say something that wasn't true? What specifically did he say that made you feel bad or angry? More importantly, is that the biggest worry in your life?

Would you rather he be arrogant and tell the rest of the world to F-off the US can do what it damn well pleases?

BTW, I like kool-aid. Especially the cherry flavor.

Yumm...

Forum Member

America owes the world nothing in my opinion, and we don't need a leader running around the world apologizing on our behalf. Obama was and is too unexperienced and naive about the world to be a leader.

He thinks he can solve all the world's problems by bending over to other country's demands. He has never had a real job in his entire life. He went to law school on the government's dime, spent some time being a "community organizer" (which I have found means unemployed person who protests stuff), then gets elected to state legislature, the senate, and the white house in just a matter of years.

Shockingly, I favored Obama over Hillary, not that I voted for either. But his actions since being elected have left me with a sick feeling in my stomach every day. His four years won't be over soon enough.

Forum Member

America owes the world nothing in my opinion, and we don't need a leader running around the world apologizing on our behalf. Obama was and is too unexperienced and naive about the world to be a leader.
    None of which is happening in the real world. His critics would be criticizing him no matter what he does. Good to know you're an arrogant American. I'm not unhappy with the manner in which Obama has performed from a foreign policy perspective. His critics complain but can't point to anything substantive in terms of wrongdoing. Face it, you have blind hatred for him.

He thinks he can solve all the world's problems by bending over to other country's demands. He has never had a real job in his entire life. He went to law school on the government's dime, spent some time being a "community organizer" (which I have found means unemployed person who protests stuff), then gets elected to state legislature, the senate, and the white house in just a matter of years.
    And how do you know what he's thinking? Are you a mind reader? As far as his not having a real job. What makes him different than his opponent. McCain served in the Navy and then got elected to congress. He's lived off the taxpayer dole his whole life. He enjoys a significantly lavish lifestyle (his loafers cost over $500 and owns numerous homes) because he divorced his first wife (great family values guy) and married an heiress. Albeit one who controls a beer distributorship. Gawd love her. What's wrong with going to law school utilizing government grants? Why do you consider education to be a negative? Is education different or better when daddy pays for it like "W"? In case you didn't know, McCain also went to college on the taxpayer dime. You may not know that about the US Navel Academy, it is a 100% federally funded institution with minimal if any out of pocket expenses for the students.

Shockingly, I favored Obama over Hillary, not that I voted for either. But his actions since being elected have left me with a sick feeling in my stomach every day. His four years won't be over soon enough.
    So it doesn't really matter since you wouldn't have voted for the Dem regardless.

Like Gore supporters who complained when Bush won, you're now a sore loser.
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-06-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Forum Member

Remember, more than twice as many people killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were killed in the bomb raids that Gen. Curtis Lemay ordered.

It took one bomb on Hiroshima and an estimated 70,000 immediately killed.

Then another 3 days before another 70,000 people were killed.

Then another 6 days before the Japanese actually surrendered.

And all the namby-pamby bleeding hearts that say that Japan was about to surrender are full of it. Otherwise the plans for Operation Downfall would not have been really pushed into overdrive after the fall of Okinawa.

Hell, 6,822 Marines and Sailors killed, another 19,217 wounded in 35 days of combat invading a 4 mile long island. Recall that only 216 Japanese were captured of an estimated 18,000+ on the island.

On Okinawa we lost 12,513 killed and another 72,012 wounded in 2.5 months of combat.

And people can honestly look at you in the face and say they were ready to surrender? They are full of crap.

No apologies until the Japanese apologize to the Koreans, Philipinos, Chinese, Vietnames, Burmese, Canadians, Dutch, Australians, British, and the United States for invaded, beating, torturing, imprisoning, raping, killing, and all other manner of horific actions they performed from 1937 on.

Then we might consider it. But don't count on it.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information