Forum Member

Red face semi-annual performance reports

I must say I do like the new formats. There is the semi-annual financial reports do that bring up a question for me.

Was I sleeping again?

For those OPS awards in the past that did not require an accounting for award purchases less than $5,000, I was wondering if AFG still considers that as an approved and active procedure, or is FEMA/AFG now wanting a detailed semi-annual financial accounting and a year end one as well?

Since I like to do a more detailed accounting anyway, it doesn't bother me, but I do wish to identify any changes from one year to the next. The closeout portals did not have this same format for 2008, and somehow my memory, must have missed the changes within the 2009 guidelines which according to my spouse is getting to be a daily occurrence.

So did I miss it somewhere and if so, what other vital changes have I failed to 'recollect.'

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I must say I do like the new formats. There is the semi-annual financial reports do that bring up a question for me.

Was I sleeping again?

For those OPS awards in the past that did not require an accounting for award purchases less than $5,000, I was wondering if AFG still considers that as an approved and active procedure, or is FEMA/AFG now wanting a detailed semi-annual financial accounting and a year end one as well?

Since I like to do a more detailed accounting anyway, it doesn't bother me, but I do wish to identify any changes from one year to the next. The closeout portals did not have this same format for 2008, and somehow my memory, must have missed the changes within the 2009 guidelines which according to my spouse is getting to be a daily occurrence.

So did I miss it somewhere and if so, what other vital changes have I failed to 'recollect.'
    My semi-report was submitted and approved. Totally forgot about the finacial report; will have to get that done tonight.

Forum Member

Are the 425 financial reports new this year? I haven't had to personally manage an award for a couple of years, but don't recall this form as I assisted on other grants.

The website wouldn't allow us to request funds or file an amendment request due to a semi-annual performance report being overdue. We were awarded in April and the report wouldn't be due until October normally. I tried to submit the normal performance semi-annual report, but the website wouldn't allow that either because it wasn't due yet.

A call to our regional AFG rep helped. Apparently the 425 form is due on 6/30 and 12/31 regardless of whether funds have been expended or not. He also said that any grant management requests may be delayed or withheld until this report is done. It seemed easy enough, especially since we didn't request or spend any money yet.

Don't know if I am the only one, but I never received notification of the 425 form due date and the messages on the website never gave a specific report that was missing, only a list of possible reasons that we couldn't proceed. Hopefully this will help anyone looking at this if you run into the same situation.

MembersZone Subscriber

The form came about in 2008. Plenty of glitches with the system for the closeout reports that first year(still haven't recieved approval yet). It would have made more sense if the 425 was brought up when doing the semi-annual report instead of being a seperate form that you have to access individually. You still have 30 days after 6/30 to submit the report.

Forum Member

One of my other questions is, if the semi-annual reports are all due at the same time, Why would the email notifications be be spread out over as much s 10 days?

MembersZone Subscriber

One of my other questions is, if the semi-annual reports are all due at the same time, Why would the email notifications be be spread out over as much s 10 days?
    Evening Jim; I sent my semiannual report in the last day of July. I didnít do a financial report. Just told them what we have done so far and said we will have some money left over. I thanked them and that was pretty much it. In five days they approved it. Now I know I am going to have to give them a lot more including serial numbers & Pos and all that stuff before I get it closed out. But no money amount was on the report. Did I forget something? If I did they didnít catch it. It got approved.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jim I know it was a lot said last week about analog & P-25 and I really don’t want to bring that debate back up but I am about done programming all of our new ICOM F9011T and what you can do with them is amazing. Send messages, page, and send preprogrammed status messages like asking for a PAR on the fire scene. Send it to one radio or all of them at one time. If I need to talk to one of my officers on the radio I can do it without the rest of the department hearing it. All on the same channel and the clarity of the digital signal is great. No static at all. Clear as a bell and if you need to talk analog you can. Every radio has its own code you access. Also on the repeater you can make changes or test without going to the site. Connect to it over the internet and test or make changes. If it is a problem with the repeater it will send me an email and send an audible alarm over the air. You can setup voter repeaters sites around the county without any special equipment or software. Just an internet connect and you can do that with wireless. I got a lot of options and it wasn’t that much more than analog equipment that some companies offered. You really have to shop around for the best prices. By getting the programming software and cables you are not dependent on someone else. But I have to tell you it wasn’t easy setting this up.
    I love it so far. Let you know in a year or two if it will hold up to a fire fighters abuse.
    Have a good day.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Evening Jim; I sent my semiannual report in the last day of July. I didnít do a financial report. Just told them what we have done so far and said we will have some money left over. I thanked them and that was pretty much it. In five days they approved it. Now I know I am going to have to give them a lot more including serial numbers & Pos and all that stuff before I get it closed out. But no money amount was on the report. Did I forget something? If I did they didnít catch it. It got approved.
    You need to do the SF-425 as well. The semi-annual report now consists of 2 seperate reports. When you go back into the Manage Grant section you will see a red highlighted wording stating you will not be able to request funds. Go into reports and complete step 2 the SF-425 semi-annual report(s). Once completed and submitted the wording disappears.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    You need to do the SF-425 as well. The semi-annual report now consists of 2 seperate reports. When you go back into the Manage Grant section you will see a red highlighted wording stating you will not be able to request funds. Go into reports and complete step 2 the SF-425 semi-annual report(s). Once completed and submitted the wording disappears.
    Oh man I didnít catch that but this was the first grant since 06 for me. I will get that done today. Hope this doesnít hurt me on the 010 grant app... Thanks bugle.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Oh man I didnít catch that but this was the first grant since 06 for me. I will get that done today. Hope this doesnít hurt me on the 010 grant app... Thanks bugle.
    Have to thank Jim for that. I did the same thing as well.....submitted my report last night.

Shouldn't hurt your chances for 2010. If it wasn't submitted your FPS would have gotten in touch with you to get it done especially if you were up for an award.

Forum Member

Oops. I also forgot about the semi-annual performance report on 6/30. I thought it was due on 9/12. Then, I looked and saw there was 2 semi-annual reports with 2 different due dates. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who forgot.

Our new ambulance has been working great. We just had a call last week for a person that fell off a horse more than 1 mile back in the woods. Then, soon after, we had a firefighter down with heat exhaustion at a structure fire that was also more than 1 mile back on an old farm. 4x4 and dual rear wheels really made a difference. Last year, we probably would've gotten stuck on those dirt access roads.

MembersZone Subscriber

SF-425 for all awardees is pretty new and i originally assumed it was only for the $500,000 and up crowd. Lot of us missed it i think. That one is due 6-30 and 12-31 regardless of the period of performance (POP). The semi-annual report is due 6 months from the beginning of your POP--and 12 months if you have any kind of extension.

At least that's how i see it--wouldn't be the first time i was wrong!!

earl

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    SF-425 for all awardees is pretty new and i originally assumed it was only for the $500,000 and up crowd. Lot of us missed it i think. That one is due 6-30 and 12-31 regardless of the period of performance (POP). The semi-annual report is due 6 months from the beginning of your POP--and 12 months if you have any kind of extension.

At least that's how i see it--wouldn't be the first time i was wrong!!

earl
    The weird part is I received a vehicle grant at the end of April and all of a sudden, June my "Semi-annual" report is due?
    I filled my reports out for an Operations award granted in January. That made sense but my vehicle grant wouldn't allow my report only the SF-425.

No wonder there is a lot of confusion. After reading this thread, I checked and sure enough, my SF-425 was overdue.....

Forum Member

Cool Semi Annual Reports past due

I thought this was weird. I too had thought a semi annual was from the award date so when I got the past due notice for July I quickly filled in both reports. Thought they were confusing so even had the regional rep help me fill it out to make sure it was done right (Thank you Linda). Today I received another past due notice, so I looked and see a 12/31/09 report past due yet. ??? I did not get the 10Q till 1/15/10 and award 3/26/10. Anyway, just filled it in with zeros and noted the explanation and sent it away.

Must be another glitch. So if you still get a past due look for this type of report.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just keep in mind that the SF-425 reports will run on a calendar year and the semi-annual reports for the grant will run on the Period of Performance year. I'm putting mine on my appointment calendar to help!!

earl

Forum Member

Has anyone else had problems submitting a SF-425. Been trying almost all this week. It lets me input my info but when I click save nothing is saved and the review screen is identical to what they enter before my info is put in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTCHIEF View Post
    Has anyone else had problems submitting a SF-425. Been trying almost all this week. It lets me input my info but when I click save nothing is saved and the review screen is identical to what they enter before my info is put in.
    I noticed when I double checked a couple days ago that my performance report for my regional appeared as if it was not submitted, and it was the very first report for 2009 that I had filled out.

So, yes something is going on with that.

Will need to keep an eye on this so that it does not interfere with our fund requests or our 2010 applications.

Forum Member

Talking

I noticed when I double checked a couple days ago that my performance report for my regional appeared as if it was not submitted, and it was the very first report for 2009 that I had filled out.

So, yes something is going on with that.

Will need to keep an eye on this so that it does not interfere with our fund requests or our 2010 applications.
    Make sure you are using "Internet Exployer" and not Firefox, safari, chrome, etc.... Try that and see what happens....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy67 View Post
    Make sure you are using "Internet Exployer" and not Firefox, safari, chrome, etc.... Try that and see what happens....
    Hell the problems with browsers before was with IE and was told to use FF or Safari instead of IE. They were right too. However what you said doesn't surprise me and actually is probably a good idea. Am beginning to think this is done on purpose.

Anyway thanks for the tip Troyboy. Could very well be an answer.

Thread Information