+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: arlington texas

Forum Member

Have you done any EMS training yet? I was just curious, I have done my Basic and am working on Medic and eventhough its not required to test, having a little training DID make it easier. Some of those questions were a little more patient assessment related than I had expected...

Forum Member

I think that a low 90's (91-93) score will move you on. Fort worths cut off score was 95 and that was w/ 5 military points. Hopefully that'll give us a little bigger window. Wonder who decides the right answers for the personallity questions for each department because there does seem to be variance between tests. I knew a guy got a 100 on one and in the 70's on the next less than a year later.

Forum Member

I think you are probably pretty close on a low 90's score. Out of curiousity, did they do military service points on this test? I cannot recall seeing anything about them but I might have missed it. It does not apply to me unfortunately but I was wondering.

Forum Member

I dont have any actually....im one of those guys. My dads been a FF for around 11 years so i know alot about the life but i just recently decided to pursue this. Anyways ive never seen any that dont give 5 points for military. Ive also seen some actually give points on the exam for residency but i didnt see it mentioned on the app process. Maybe its a hidden attribute haha.

Forum Member

So Schmid i see that you took the FW and did great. What was your personality strategy??

Forum Member

I don't think Arlington gives military bonus because they're not civil service so there's no requirement to give bonus points. As far as answering questions I typically stick to agree or disagree. Like I said though it seems that there are different right and wrongs at diferent tests.

Forum Member

i took the test too...i felt pretty good about it...the personality section seems to be a pretty big part of the overall score...i answered honestly to every question so hopefully it pays off...i am dying to see the results though...also this process seems like its gonna move right along...i wonder how many they are going to hire

Forum Member

From what I've heard its somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20. Seems like a lot but Arlington has about 40% or so of the department up for retirement over the next 3-4 years.

Forum Member

Also based on the hiring process pace, as mentioned above, that seems to indicate the probablity of hiring a larger number of ppl. If they were only going for 1 or 2n you would think they would move slower and really analyze each candidate. I for one am thrilled that they are moving at a quicker pace, I have taken part in some before that moved slower than christmas. At least this way we will know where we stand quickly and not agonize over if we are still in it or not.

Forum Member

Im dumb i didnt even think about the civil service aspect. So that does infact mean they can play with the scores however they choose huh...

Forum Member

So when giving your exams back when you were done did you guys see what all the markings were on the sign in/out they had. I saw written in red 75's and different numbers in different columns and stuff. Did i miss something when i turned mine in?!?

Forum Member

curious as to who the top 250 are! my station is thinking about being out at the scheduled run on the 15th. hopefully ill see some of you guys there!

Forum Member

So no scores until tomorrow now? Well that stinks...

Forum Member

not really sure what happened...my score was a lot lower than i thought even though i took this test format before and did very well...i am definately disappointed

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by schwanee View Post
    One math question in particular, I could have sworn they did not have the correct answer as an option. Anyone else have problems with this one? It was the one with the stairs.
    I believe I know what one you're talking about...I think it was the question that asked the total number of steps and each floor had a set of zig-zag stairs (or something like that).

I remember the numbers being like 12 steps per set and there were 4 floors (numbers might vary if there were different formats). The key was to realize that you did not need to multiple the 12 by 2 for each floor, but that the 12 represented all steps per floor. So it was just a basic 12*4 = 48. At first I did 12*2*4 = 96 and that wasn't one of the answers so I re-read and decided 48 was the most appropriate answer.

I've taken up to calculus 2 in college so I felt extremely confident in the math section.

I made the top 250 so now I'm looking forward to the run Friday morning. See y'all out there!
    Last edited by nickh410; 09-14-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Forum Member

After looking at the scores, I barely missed the cut. From what I could see, 93.01 was the lowest score that advanced. I made a 92.99, 2 100ths of a point! I have taken this test two other times and scored a 96 and change each time...

Good luck to those that advanced. I probably would have died on the 1.5 mile run!

Forum Member

Nick, that was the conclusion that I came to on the stair question. I thought 96 was the correct answer, but it seemed that 48 was the next best thing.

Anyways I made it in the top 250 as well, so I will see yall at the run. It is supposed to be bright and sunny on Thursday so I'm looking forward to a nice jog in that Texas heat!

Forum Member

Hey guys, glad to hear about everyones results! Happy to say that I did advance as well. I will be running friday 1000am. See ya'll there!

Forum Member

see you on friday at 10

Forum Member

I ended up getting a 100 on it, which the test was real similar to mesquite's and ft worths. I wanna think i chose 72 as the answer on the stairs one, but i originally thought it was 90somthing as well, but then redid it and came up with 72. I also know I mispelt one of the words, but somehow made a 100..so not sure how their scoring system works and if they omit certain quetsions or what. I'm running friday at 9am, c yall there.

Forum Member

Here's my theory on how they do scoring. 105 question 5 of which are sample questions for future tests. that leaves 100 out of 100 possible. The 55 personality questions don't count as negative but you can get extra points from them depending on how many you get right. So lets say you get 97/100 on the test but all 55 personality right they bonus your score up to 100. That just theory though. Thats the only way I see getting 100 cause I'm sure iI missed some as well.

Forum Member

So my physical is next Saturday. Its really impressive how quickly things are moving along.

Forum Member

Paper said 230 passed the run

Anyone confirm that???

Forum Member

seems accurate, only one failed at my run and tcc said about 250 doin the physical. thats 6900 bucks if they're test 230 guys. and if 1700 took the original test thats 85000

Forum Member

Anyone do the pat yet? I know there were a bunch scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, would like to hear how it turned out, and how close to the time limit y'all got. I'm scheduled in the dead heat on saturday at 4pm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information