Thread: arlington texas

Forum Member

I did my PAT on Monday at 9 AM. You don't get to watch the other guys do their PAT, so I'm not sure how anyone else was doing, but mine went well. I think my time was around 2:30 for the revolution (out of the 4 mins), so it wasnt to bad. Just pace yourself slow on the ladder since you have plenty of time there, and save all of your energy for the revolution.

Forum Member

I have an idea of what to typically expect for oral boards, and have been preparing, but does anyone have any info on what to expect for the Arlington oral boards specifically? Typical questions that Arlington specifically likes to ask? Situational questions? Personality questions?

Forum Member

booo just got a call saying my pat for saturday was rescheduled for 4pm, which is no good for me b/c now i have to come up with another excuse to get out of work early

Forum Member

Goin to TCC today at 2 couldn't ask 4 better weather.

Forum Member

ya exactly, it was suppose to be 90 originally for my 4pm pat, 75 is much better lol

Forum Member

On to the interview

Forum Member

Yea interview on the 6th...cant wait. I really wish i wasn't sick through this whole physical process though. The run almost killed me cause i had NO lung volume. Was feeling a bit better for the physical though and it wasnt 8000 degrees so that helped.

Forum Member

I have my interview on Thurs.....anybody have any advice? It's my first panel interview that I have done for a fire dept....and I'm overwhelming myself with internet searches on advice....

Forum Member

Look at thier mission statement

They have a brand new chief, nice guy, do not know what direction he will take the department
    http://media.star-telegram.com/smedi...filiate.58.doc

http://www.local1329.org/

Forum Member

Also, should I ask the panel questions if they present me with the opportunity? I have heard people say "yes" and "no" to this situation...I have done some research and have a few well thought out questions I just don't know if it would be a good idea....I figure if they ask if I have any questions for them it's fair game....maybe not?

Forum Member

hey schwanee did you have your interview yet?!?!
    mine went ok i guess.....i expected alot more questions about myself and my intentions wih the dept. and not just a few "what did you do when this happened" questions. Were you surprised with the simplicity of it?

Forum Member

I had mine on Monday, and I was definitely surprised by the quick and short format. I didn't get to use hardly any of the material that I prepared, but I think it went ok. They said they will tell us their results next week, so I definitely look forward to seeing where I stand, because I have no idea!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by schwanee View Post
    I had mine on Monday, and I was definitely surprised by the quick and short format. I didn't get to use hardly any of the material that I prepared, but I think it went ok. They said they will tell us their results next week, so I definitely look forward to seeing where I stand, because I have no idea!

Ya i have no idea either. I was somewhat prepared, but had prepared for more tell us about you, why you want to be a firefighter, why do you want to work here, etc quetions. I thought it went smooth, but I guess you never know until they release the next step and see if you are a go.

Forum Member

Good i was wondering if everyone got that quicky format.
    Last edited by fantan4; 10-08-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Forum Member

Ya I spent alot of time practicing for a ton of questions that they didn't ask lol....As I was leaving they had said that the results should be posted on their website mid next week

Forum Member

I guess you guys do know Arlington checks this site

Forum Member

Overthinking

Forum Member

I don't believe I have personally released any information that was too specific to their hiring process that would compromise the integrity of it....the availability date of updates in the hiring process is general info and I didn't give away any specific questions ued during the interview process or how many questions were asked...I understand that this process needs to be equally fair for everybody involved!! At the same time its nice to be able to talk to other people going through this hiring process and share some emotions and personal stories (without being to revealing), I believe it helps reduce the stresses involved to be able to talk and share with people who are in the same boat as all of us

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaihugger View Post
    I don't believe I have personally released any information that was too specific to their hiring process that would compromise the integrity of it....the availability date of updates in the hiring process is general info and I didn't give away any specific questions ued during the interview process or how many questions were asked...I understand that this process needs to be equally fair for everybody involved!! At the same time its nice to be able to talk to other people going through this hiring process and share some emotions and personal stories (without being to revealing), I believe it helps reduce the stresses involved to be able to talk and share with people who are in the same boat as all of us
    yea i totally agree, thats what a forum is, to discuss things like this, no one said anything about what the questions were they did ask

Forum Member

Makes me feel better for sure. I thought i was nervous before it.....thats nothing compared to how i feel waiting for next week omg. I just dont feel Satisfied with the interview thats all cause i wanted to say much more.

Forum Member

Yea it defiantly makes you wonder how they will end up scoring it based on how short the answers were. Im assuming you should do ok as long as you used your life experiences to answer the questions. You know at some point they have to start weeding out more people, b/c as it stood during that phase, there were about 180 people left interviewing. I couldn't imagine that many going through with the command staff interview.

Forum Member

Is Arlington FD even going to conduct a polygraph or psych test? I haven't read anywhere in their info about these two tests that seem so common in all other department's hiring processes.

Forum Member

Polys and psychs are not part of Arlingtons process.

Forum Member

Angry

anyone make it??.................i didnt

Forum Member

I was fortunate enough to make it to the second round of interviews...I truely wish the best of luck to everybody that did and to those that didn't, never give up. I know everybody in this forum either is lucky enough to already have a job as a firefighter or dreams of having one and we are all in the same boat and will one day achieve that dream!

Thread Information